You fave contouring shades?

PolyphonicLove

After reading this post, I think Dark/Deep Dark MSFN applied with a fan brush would work for me...but what about Refined Deeper Bronze? Would that be good to contour with for a nice glowy look?

Distinque

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyphonicLove
After reading this post, I think Dark/Deep Dark MSFN applied with a fan brush would work for me...but what about Refined Deeper Bronze? Would that be good to contour with for a nice glowy look?

I use Refined Deeper Bronze to contour and I'm NC43
smiles.gif

PolyphonicLove

Awesome, I'm about NC45, and I've never found a bronzer that shows up on me as contour. I didn't want to resort to using the darker MSFNs because my mum will steal them to set her foundation!

BTW, totally bookmarking your blog.
greengrin.gif

lvgz

do you guys think blunt would be a good contour for an nc40? im looking for something matte.. or maybe the contouring duos that mac came out with. just dont know what shade

Purplegloss9

Yup yup...Blunt is a must have for contouring for me.....but i've recently now started using Sweet As Cocoa as a coutour...its beautiful!! I'm an NC50....im telling ya, try it! Gorgeous!

pretebrowneyes

hey ladies....

Ok, I've been using the brown side of the HIP Brazen duo for a contour shade....but I'm worried that this may be too dark...or that I'll look like I've got hyperpigmented cheeks, instead of a beautiful contour....I don't know my MAC shade but that's me in the avatar.....and here's a pic of the e/s in case you don't know...it's the brown side. I hope someone can help me out...maybe tell me a better shade...

AAAAAmtAQXIAAAAAAOd1bA.jpg

MissAlphaKitty

currently I've been lightly using Shadester (sculpting powder)
and for a more glowy look, with Woodwinked &/or Golden Bronze (iridescent loose powder)

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretebrowneyes
hey ladies....

Ok, I've been using the brown side of the HIP Brazen duo for a contour shade....but I'm worried that this may be too dark...or that I'll look like I've got hyperpigmented cheeks, instead of a beautiful contour....I don't know my MAC shade but that's me in the avatar.....and here's a pic of the e/s in case you don't know...it's the brown side. I hope someone can help me out...maybe tell me a better shade...

AAAAAmtAQXIAAAAAAOd1bA.jpg

i love this shadow by HIP its soo sweet. i use the brown side for my eyebrows but have not thought about using it for a contour. i dont see why it would not work for you just dont use a heavy hand. you only want to swipe it back and forth lightly below the cheek bone area!!
smiles.gif
try blunt by MAC it should work just as good. I use Sable blush by Iman (walgreens has it) as a contour shade and find great results.

M.A.C. head.

Like many others, Blunt blush is one of my staples.

I was actually put on to it by some other Specktra members and I'm so glad! I never did contouring prior to buy Blunt a few months ago. My made up face look so much sexier and sophisticated with some contouring.

Lovey99

I am NW 47... I love Cargo Bronzer in Dard as a contour and Nars Albatross as a highlight.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
i love this shadow by HIP its soo sweet. i use the brown side for my eyebrows but have not thought about using it for a contour. i dont see why it would not work for you just dont use a heavy hand. you only want to swipe it back and forth lightly below the cheek bone area!!
smiles.gif
try blunt by MAC it should work just as good. I use Sable blush by Iman (walgreens has it) as a contour shade and find great results.

For the eyes.. try MAC Folie, Saddle, Swiss Chocolate, or Embark.

aphrodite_19

hi ladies!

i am looking for a contour shade and the MA suggested to me msf natural in deep dark. however, i cdnt really see much difference when he applied it for me. i still bought it though. shd i change it for sthg else? for reference, im NC 45 in studio fix.

pls help! thanks

mimibrowneyes

i use emote, but i kno it was limited edition. im NC30/35. wedge eyeshadow is a gr8 contour colour but its an e/s- i use it cos as a contour colour as it doesnt show up on my eyelid which is darker than my cheeks!