You fave contouring shades?

j4lyphe

So I went and tried MAC's Blunt blush as a contour colour...it blends in with my NW45 skintone...it blends in so much that it covers my natural contour that i have...i tried the darker of the 2 sculpting duos form the DSquared2 collection and it was too ashy on my skin...however when I went to Sephora I tried the darkest of the contouring palletes from MUFE, that shows up on my skin and is much warmer (not ashy, with slight redtones) and looks more natural on my skin when applied with a light hand so I think I'm gonna get that soon
smiles.gif

User38

when using sculpting colors, you have to know what your skin tone is. some colors are way too light for some complexions from 30+ shades (taupe, spice, emote). And, for some light complexions just right. If you are using these for personal application you should have what suits you. If you are applying it on clients, you will need a light, mid tone and darker sculpting powder with no pink/orange or too much grey.

luvsic

Does anyone recommend a contouring shade for an NW25-30 (I am not sure what I am, I originally thought I was an NC20-30 but now I definitely know I am an NW?) I tried my sister's "harmony" shade but it came off as a little reddish on my skin...maybe it was just the lighting, though.

I contour my nose (not really my face), and I am looking for a good shade. Also, does anyone recommend a good blending brush for that too? My highlighting shade is MAC ricepaper.

TIA!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
NC50, just copped Blunt at my local CCO!
Thanx for the recommendation guys!

Yeah so after using Blunt blush....I could use this not as a contour but as a face powder. It blends in with my skin. Dammit.

gujifijian

I use Embark 2! Can't decide wat's a good color for contouring so I'm resorting to eyeshadow! Works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neezer
lol i use Embark!! hahaha

angelynv

E.L.F. cool bronzer is an amazing matte bronzer which comes in a pallette with 4 different shades - its brilliant and cheap!

p.s. I am NC42

bkgirl03

I'm an NC50. I never contour, but I have been wanting to try. I think I will pick up Blunt the next time I go to my MAC store.

misha5150

I just picked up Milani's pressed powder in Earth Glow and use it for contouring. It's working pretty well for me. Hasn't broken me out either. Just throw away the useless applicator it comes with. It's a nice brown color with no red, orange or glitter/shimmer to it. Oh and the best part is that it's only $6!!
smiles.gif