your most hated mac e/s?

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i know i already mentioned newly minted however just to back up whay i hate it :

i thought i'd try it again yesterday because it looks like such a pretty green! but once again i was disspointed! i applied it all over my lid. then put a crease colour on and when blending newly minted blended off!! all you could see was a little bit of rollickin paint pot which is started with! what the hell?!

Try it with UDPP or shadow insurance!! I promise you will love it!!

Tsunami Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Try it with UDPP or shadow insurance!! I promise you will love it!!

Mark Reid Art - Kryolan Turquoise #TK2 (Powered by CubeCart)
Looks - Bright Green and Blue with Kryolan Palette #5308-SF

Kryolan TK2, is similar to NewlyMinted. It is slightly more aqua than NM, but it is soooo small. But Kryolan gives awesome pay off and doesnt crease compared to NM. And its cheaper and bigger.
greengrin.gif
(Well, I bought it at 7.00)

DigitalRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukla032487
I know, Trax is possibly the worst mac e/s EVER. I could find a cheap covergirl shadow that is 100x better than that thing. MAC needs to discontinue it to save the sanity of other makeup shoppers that might accidently pick it up

Wow. Trax is one of my fav. MAC eye shadows. It looks great on deep skin tones, IMO.

I hate Retrospeck.

joey444

I love retrospeck! It's like a perfect gold color on me. I also love bitter, I'm surprised so many people hate it.

I hate Falling Star (I look sick in it), Sable (haven't been able to pair it with anything that makes me look decent!), Sweet Lust, Woodwinked (such a pretty color that just doesn't work for me) and Cosmic.

LuvinMyMAC

I hate Trax with a passion!! It just doesn't work for me and it has no color payoff whatsoever. Ugghhh..hate that damn thing.

BEA2LS

when i saw the thread title beauty marked popped into my head.
it was my first ever MAC eyeshadow and i ran right back to urban decay for a good 2 or so years after that! it does not look as pretty when you are wearing it! i can pack it on and get color pay-off but it's still not the same
ssad.gif

LipglossLover13

Beauty marked - eurgh. Just makes my eyes look bruised.

Idol eyes - terrible, low pigmented, sparkly bleh (must have a problem with lustres as im not a big fan of aquadisiac either)

Newly minted - I dont *hate* this eyeshadow, thats unfair, but its so pigmented I dont know what to do with it.

Creme de Violet - Little colour payoff and so hard to blend
ssad.gif

mac_addict.gif
xx

sugarbunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt66chix
My most hated shadow is beauty marked. It looks NOTHING like what's in the container when its on the lid. Rant over.

ok, granted, beauty marked looks like total sh!+ if you just stick your brush in it and stick it on your face. i totally agree with that. BUT! if you use a black base (i use loreal HIP cream shadow paint in steely), it looks JUST like it does in the container. however, i don't usually use it like this. i use it almost daily with a transformer (i use too faced liquif-eye), as a liquid eyeliner, and it is fierce. its really intense, and has that red-shimmer undertone... i get TONS of compliments on how beautiful my eyes are when i wear beauty marked as a liner. if you have it, and its just sitting around, i would def recommend trying this! you will love your beauty marked again
smiles.gif
you won't be regretting that purchase.
smiles.gif

also, i would say the only mac shadow that i have that i don't have a good use for is fab n flashy. i really actually have NO IDEA why i ever bought it. not very versatile.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDancer
Warm Chill and Gulfstream - I think they were from the Naughty Nauticals collection. They are lovely colors, but the color payoff sucks, the texture is chalky, and they basically disapper when I blend them. When I can get them to work they look lovely - but they are such a hassle to work with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
Cool Heat from the Cool Heat collection. It was a beeyotch to apply and blend and the color looks so weird when you get it on your eye.

Amen to Warm Chill, Gulfstream, and Cool Heat! Gorgeous shades, but I've worn them once since last summer because the payoff sucks, and once you do get it on, you better hope it's where you want it (especially with Cool Heat) because it's not budging. Boooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami Rose
I really hate Newlyminted. EWxGAZILLION. I also dislike Pen N Pink, it has no pigmentation what so ever. I kind of dislike Aquadisiac as well. I hardly use it.

Try packing Pen N Pink on with the 227 (or similar brush) over Vanilla e/s. It never worked for me until I tried it like that, but now I can use it. Before it was just pink poo.

Lizzie

It's hard to think of a MAC eyeshadow that I hate, but if I had to pick, it would be Bold As Gold from the Fafi Eyes II quad. It's bold as NOTHING.

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
Amen to Warm Chill, Gulfstream, and Cool Heat! Gorgeous shades, but I've worn them once since last summer because the payoff sucks, and once you do get it on, you better hope it's where you want it (especially with Cool Heat) because it's not budging. Boooo!

I had no problem with Gulfstream, which is strange. The entire Cool Heat collection had like, no color payoff whatsoever. Which sucks because the colors were so beautiful.

i second dear cupcake. I hate it and why did i buy it. I look like i have pink eyes. Gross! Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle79
Dear Cupcake from Sugarsweet. It's a horrible e/s but luckily I found out it makes a great blush so it wasn't a total waste.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake_x
I had no problem with Gulfstream, which is strange. The entire Cool Heat collection had like, no color payoff whatsoever. Which sucks because the colors were so beautiful.

heheh, is it weird that I'm hurt when ppl don't like the eyeshadows I love?? I bought every single eyeshadow that came out with Cool Heat. Blue Flame, Climate Blue, Gulf Stream and Solar White have amazing colour payoff. I use them over Painterly most of the time. Cool Heat e/s has ok payoff but is kinda chalky and Warm Chill has smooth texture but is a very light colour. I wear it over either Cash Flow or Greenstroke and then it's nice...try it
smiles.gif

Someone has to yet convince me on Sweet lust. The most useless eyeshadow ever made
angry.gif
why the heck did I buy it??

L1LMAMAJ

Bronze. After using it more, it makes me look sick and like I was crying. It never seems to blend well either. I realllly wanted to love this.

Nanogold. People look great in it but it never shows up on me.

Trax. It never blends well and doesn't show up. I love how it looks in the pan, though.

This is a p/p but I really hate Bare Study but the girl I sold it to LOVES it so who knows.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think right now.

CellyCell

NEWLY MINTED!
I like the color but the texture is the worst and I'm a fan of Matte.
I gave it away to my friend and she even said it sucked.

I usually end up loving the eyeshadows I start out hating.
I used to hate Paradisco and Parfait Amour because of their color payoff, but I figured out how to use them. Now I think they have the perfect amount of pigmentation and I wouldn't want them any other way.
But I will always hate Sketch. eww.

Seeking Refuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
Bang on Blue! It's sooo pretty in the pan, but doesn't show up at all, so sheer and chalky

I HATE this eyeshadow. Hate ...

BeautyizPain

well any lustre formula except Tempting because of the horrible formula..I hated Trax as well and i know i might be crucified for this but i haaate Satin Taupe....it made me look like i had a bruised eye..not a Taupe color at all on me..showed up a yucky purplish dirty color..i swapped that right away..

Latest posts