your most hated mac e/s?

SerenityRaine

Coppering! Looks so pretty in the pan & swatched on the hand but on the eyes it made me eyes look red & bloodshot. Not a good luck.

I used to hate Gleam as it has no real color payoff. It works as a good highlight when you don't want that much color.

Trax, it makes me appear bruised. I'm however holding out that I can get it to work.

I have a pretty good deal, if a color doesn't work for me it usually does for my mom. So I either trade her or use it to pay off what I owe her lol.

sherby2722

I hate trax it makes me look like i have dirt on my eyes.lol such a shame cuz it looks sooo pretty in the pan!!

TSIZ

Hey girl, wanna give your nanogold and newly-minted a new home?
smiles.gif

TSIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Nanagold and Newly Minted

OOPS.

forgot to "QUOTE"
th_dunno.gif

please see previous post!

TSIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIZ
Hey girl, wanna give your nanogold and newly-minted a new home?
smiles.gif

(and MODS, please know: I say this tongue-in-cheek, as I don't want to upset anyone for dissing the rules of SPECKTRA...
th_wink3.gif
)

ForgetRegret

I really hate Mythology...one light sweep of my brush and that sh*t is all over the place. Ugh. It's just not worth the effort for me. ...I'm really sad to see beauty marked on here so much...I don't use it TOO much on my lid, but I use it in my crease a lot, and it's absolutely, aside from Blitz N Glitz, my favorite liner EVER. Dry or wet, I love love love LOVE beauty marked as a liner.

SerenityRaine

For those who hate Trax try using a pink eyeshadow first underneath as a base to lay Trax over.

Jewel Blue has no color pay off if you use a regular brush but if you use a sponge applicator you will get the color pay off
winks.gif

xNatalieNoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
Me no likey Club.

I can't get it to stick on my lid
ssad.gif

Try using it with blackground p/p or minted eye khol pencil. Both of them really make the green duochrome stand out!

I actually have a video tutorial for it ( i know this isn't the video tutorials thread but, oh well haha) YouTube - Club Duochrome Makeup Tutorial

Hopefully you can find use for it now!

For my least favorite shadow...PURPLE HAZE. horrible payoff. just. horrible. It makes me sad because my favorite color is purple ( which is why I bought it in the first place haha)

Anyone have any tips on how to make that show up, aside from packing it on like crazy?
smiles.gif

xNatalieNoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
Coppering! Looks so pretty in the pan & swatched on the hand but on the eyes it made me eyes look red & bloodshot. Not a good luck.

I love coppering with cranberry eyeshadow and sketch in the crease. That tones down the crazy bloodshotness haha.
Hope that helps.

xNatalieNoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I really hate Mythology...one light sweep of my brush and that sh*t is all over the place. Ugh. It's just not worth the effort for me.

I like to put a medium brown color in the crease and put mythology over it. Hope that helps!

outinapout

At the risk of being lynched- Gesso. It's just so not what it should be. I needed it last minute for a shoot- called and asked for a matte opaque white and this is what they gave my fiance when he picked it up. I ended up using Ben Nye Cream Foundation in white and setting it w/ colorless powder. I can use Gesso as a blender, but honestly, a clean brush would be almost as effective.

BTW, anyone stuck w/Beauty Marked check out Jennac0re on her website or youtube, she uses it lots and it always looks awesome- I was actually planning on buying it after seeing her looks!

LeeleeBell

I recently bought RetroSpeck. It looked so great in the store, I loved it.
Took it home and...yuck! Totally different color...barely any color payoff at all, on me
ssad.gif

Spikesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyp
Hands down, Sushi Flower. Gorgeous in the pot, but makes me look inflamed.

Dear Cupcake does this to me. I can't get that color to look good.
cry.gif

Teagan :)

newhere.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by viola84
I dont like parfait amour, it look high pigmented, but on my eyes it dissapears!, I'm an nc 42 btw so maybe im to dark dunno

if you think you're too dark for it, try using a really light cream base ! like luna CCB , or Bare Study p/p - even NYX Jumbo pencil in milk ! I did that on my friend who is about an NC 37 / NW 37 , and it worked really well
smiles.gif

Teagan :)

I dont really hate them, I mean I can make them work, but Starflashes suck for the most part... flaky, and glittery - I need a really sticky base to get them to stay on my lid.
Annoying shadows, but workable.

Latest posts