YSL Discussion Thread

Miss QQ

I like how Pepper Rose looks and I hope ite doesn't look muddy on me. It could be my first ysl blush!

Here's a review of it, it is beautiful on her hand.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/ysl-beaute-blush-radiance-for-fall.html

Besides Gris Underground, I also like how Arty looks.

katred

Specktra Bestie
A few more swatches of this collection from British Beauty Blogger:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/07/ysl-city-drive-palette-arty-swatch.html

Prune Avenue is just... just... It's a definite for me.

MACina

eyelove.gif
....gorgeous!!!!!

Thank you for sharing, katred!

A few more swatches of this collection from British Beauty Blogger:

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2013/07/ysl-city-drive-palette-arty-swatch.html

Prune Avenue is just... just... It's a definite for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm... Not sure if these are Asian exclusive or not... I sure hope not!! Vernis a Levres with more shimmer. The colours look stunning.

http://www.kaisobsessions.com/?p=2315

RedVelvetX

Hm... Not sure if these are Asian exclusive or not... I sure hope not!! Vernis a Levres with more shimmer. The colours look stunning.

They're not, theyre on the neiman marcus site
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Yves-Saint-Laurent-Glossy-Lip-Stain-Rebel-Nudes-New-This-Week/prod162100041_cat18030756__/?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.jsp%253FitemId%253Dcat18030756%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod162100041&cmCat=product

katred

Specktra Bestie
They're not, theyre on the neiman marcus site http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Yves-Saint-Laurent-Glossy-Lip-Stain-Rebel-Nudes-New-This-Week/prod162100041_cat18030756__/?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.jsp%253FitemId%253Dcat18030756%2526pageSize%253D120%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod162100041&cmCat=product
Cool! I haven't seen them here yet, but hopefully soon...

Miss QQ

Fuchsia Tomboy will be mine! I like the formula but I only have 2 at the moment. I like the new colours so I could be getting Pink No Taboo, Corail Hold Up and Naughty Mauve too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Fuchsia Tomboy will be mine! I like the formula but I only have 2 at the moment. I like the new colours so I could be getting Pink No Taboo, Corail Hold Up and Naughty Mauve too.
I have a horrible confession...

I haven't bought one of the Glossy Stains yet.

I have no idea WHY, but I've never been able to just choose a colour and buy it. Now, of course, because it's been so long, I feel like I've attached this undue importance to which one will be my FIRST, which is only making it more difficult to choose. I love the look of Rouge Gouache, but I'm also smitten with Violet Edition. Then again, there are a couple of the newer shades- 23 and 24 (I can't remember their names)- that really appeal to me, but they're very close, so I can never choose between them.

Now these come along to just confuse and tempt me more... I definitely want Pink No Taboo and Naughty Mauve. And Fuschia Tomboy. Even Beige Provocateur looks like it could be interesting. I just have to buy one and be done with it, I think.

MACina

th_drool.gif
......Violine Control is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icecaramellatte

I have a horrible confession...

I haven't bought one of the Glossy Stains yet.

I have no idea WHY, but I've never been able to just choose a colour and buy it. Now, of course, because it's been so long, I feel like I've attached this undue importance to which one will be my FIRST, which is only making it more difficult to choose. I love the look of Rouge Gouache, but I'm also smitten with Violet Edition. Then again, there are a couple of the newer shades- 23 and 24 (I can't remember their names)- that really appeal to me, but they're very close, so I can never choose between them.

Now these come along to just confuse and tempt me more... I definitely want Pink No Taboo and Naughty Mauve. And Fuschia Tomboy. Even Beige Provocateur looks like it could be interesting. I just have to buy one and be done with it, I think.
I have two but I was the opposite. There weren't really many colors that I liked. I love the finish on these though. But now I have a big problem. I like almost all of the new ones. Nordstrom has these up with 10 colors. I'd love to see the last two colors. I may have to make a trip to check these out.

MaitaiFluff

I have a horrible confession... I haven't bought one of the Glossy Stains yet. I have no idea WHY, but I've never been able to just choose a colour and buy it. Now, of course, because it's been so long, I feel like I've attached this undue importance to which one will be my FIRST, which is only making it more difficult to choose. I love the look of Rouge Gouache, but I'm also smitten with Violet Edition. Then again, there are a couple of the newer shades- 23 and 24 (I can't remember their names)- that really appeal to me, but they're very close, so I can never choose between them. Now these come along to just confuse and tempt me more... I definitely want Pink No Taboo and Naughty Mauve. And Fuschia Tomboy. Even Beige Provocateur looks like it could be interesting. I just have to buy one and be done with it, I think.
I have two but I was the opposite.  There weren't really many colors that I liked.  I love the finish on these though.  But now I have a big problem.  I like almost all of the new ones. Nordstrom has these up with 10 colors.  I'd love to see the last two colors.  I may have to make a trip to check these out.
That's kind of how I feel. I have a three colours that I thought were basic and good to have from the permanent line. They're ok, but these new colours are really fun!

katred

Specktra Bestie
That's kind of how I feel. I have a three colours that I thought were basic and good to have from the permanent line. They're ok, but these new colours are really fun!
I do find the new colours intriguing, but I still want some of the original line as well. I think with all the limited collections that come out, these just kept getting pushed down the priority list. I actually swatched Mauve Pigmente recently and now I think that's the one I'll choose of the older ones. From this new set... There are several that jump out at me.

Haven

Just FYI for everyone. I received an email regarding products YSL is going to discontinue. I am posting the list here just in case anyone's favorites are disappearing.

1) Teint Parfait
2) Matt Touch
3) Liquid Eyeliners
4) All single eye shadows
5) Rouge Pur Couture Golden Luster
6) Some Rouge Volupte colors
7) Cream Blush in #3 and #5
8) Terre Saharienne Bronzers
9) Top Secrets Pore Refining Primer

josephine90

Just FYI for everyone.  I received an email regarding products YSL is going to discontinue.  I am posting the list here just in case anyone's favorites are disappearing. 1) Teint Parfait 2) Matt Touch 3) Liquid Eyeliners 4) All single eye shadows 5) Rouge Pur Couture Golden Luster 6) Some Rouge Volupte colors 7) Cream Blush in #3 and #5 8) Terre Saharienne Bronzers 9) Top Secrets Pore Refining Primer  
Which rouge volupte colors? I hav a ton on my list that i keep delaying, maybe its time to pull the trigger!

Haven

Which rouge volupte colors? I hav a ton on my list that i keep delaying, maybe its time to pull the trigger!
She didn't list them and asked me to call her if there were any rouge volupte colors that I was interested in (to see if they are on the discontinue list). I haven't called yet. I am assuming that there are a bunch since she didn't want to type them all out, but I could be wrong.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the update, Haven! I'm sorry to hear that they're discontinuing the Golden Lustre lipsticks, but I get it. I didn't feel like these got much of a push when they launched and so they never really got known. I only have one- the gorgeous purple one- but I think I might grab a couple of others before they disappear forever.

IHughes

Hi everyone!!
I have a few YSL products that I bought after a YSL makeover with a lovely makeup artist. At the time I bought a Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in colour 8 Pink in Confidence, it's absolutely comfortable to wear, gives a lovely shine and is very natural. Then I got a bit crazy with MAC lipsticks, love the funky colours, but I've been annoyed with a few of the formulas as they leave a gunky line on my lips after talking for a while.
It doesn't seem to happen with the YSL Rouge Volupte shine and I have a 10 euro discount which I want to use with an expensive product. I can't use it on MAC or NARS or anything like that as it's in a particular store.
I can choose to spend it on Dior, YSL, Chanel, Estee Lauder and I don't have all the colours as they're quite bad with distribution, specially collections. I don't know whether to go for another Rouge Volupte Shine or try a Rouge Volupte or a different brand such as Dior or Chanel.

Any ideas?? Any colours you'd suggest for a blonde, green eyed, light skin?

Icecaramellatte

Stopped at Nordstrom's today and took a peek at the new Glossy stains. They were not in a new display but all mixed up with the others. I helped the SA find all of them but some of the testers were missing so I still have 3 to try. I switched them on randomly - 1 swipe each. They didn't look like much and I was getting disappointed and then I looked away because a customer interrupted us and then WOW! The colors all looked different! They have a duo chrome effect to them. I had to start all over because I couldn't remember which was which. I put them on again in number order. I ended up getting 2 but I want all of them. Good news - the SA said they were permanent. I'm still shopping and going to another store so hopefully I won't get any more today.

iATEaSEAmonster

Stopped at Nordstrom's today and took a peek at the new Glossy stains. They were not in a new display but all mixed up with the others. I helped the SA find all of them but some of the testers were missing so I still have 3 to try. I switched them on randomly - 1 swipe each. They didn't look like much and I was getting disappointed and then I looked away because a customer interrupted us and then WOW! The colors all looked different! They have a duo chrome effect to them. I had to start all over because I couldn't remember which was which. I put them on again in number order. I ended up getting 2 but I want all of them. Good news - the SA said they were permanent. I'm still shopping and going to another store so hopefully I won't get any more today.
That's wonderful news!