YSL Discussion Thread

allthingsglam

medgal do the ysl kiss and blush dry matte on the lips?im thinking number 12 will be my first one anybody have this one any thoughts on it lmk thanks

Medgal07

Omgosh u love it u making me weak in the knees lol I can't decide on a color
My YOLO philosophical way of looking at life is when you can't decide on one---get all!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

oooh i forgot to share when i wore a YSL lippie last month!! i did Prune on fire and mac ttt l/l

You look so beautiful! I love this color and noticed its' name, 'Prune on Fire'. I'm hoping the YSL Kiss & Blush that I ordered, 'Prune Impertinente' # 11 is similar to POF.

Medgal07

Just read one of the boxes from my Kiss & Blush and YSL describes it as a soft matte---nevertheless it feels and performs
like a satin.

Sugar & Spice

@Medgal07 I'm anxiously waiting for your swatches! I'm hanging on by 1 life line before I cave and get one and of course I won't be able to stop at just one...

Debbs

I tried a YSL foundation this evening at Sephora. I was matched for B-80. Any fans of the YSL Foundation here? How do you like it?

Medgal07

@Medgal07 I'm anxiously waiting for your swatches! I'm hanging on by 1 life line before I cave and get one and of course I won't be able to stop at just one...
I'm waiting for one more to arrive---hopefully on Thursday and I promise to post swatches of all four.

Quote: Originally Posted by Debbs

I tried a YSL foundation this evening at Sephora. I was matched for B-80. Any fans of the YSL
Foundation here? How do you like it?
I hope you like the sample Debbs!!!

shontay07108

I tried a YSL foundation this evening at Sephora. I was matched for B-80. Any fans of the YSL Foundation here? How do you like it?
I got the Youth Liberation foundation when it came out several months ago. Love it. Once again, I am the darkest shade in a foundation range. :eek:hboy:

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]   Why am I not surprised that you have this one too:haha: If you consider where the range begins in the brand that you're using, it's not a bad thing.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Sadly though, like you noted before, it underscores the inadequacies in certain brands for falling to have all-inclusive product shades.[/COLOR]  [COLOR=0000FF]So not matte, but maybe that used that characterization to keep us from thinking it was an expensive lip gloss--especially w/this packaging.[/COLOR]
It's just a little disheartening when a brand has a really expansive range in one product, but not another. It makes you wonder why be inclusive with one product and not the other? Why's it so difficult. It might be more puzzling than a brand not having any foundations with a wide shade range at all. I think it's to make people who hate shimmer or glossiness rest easy. I don't think a lot of people tend to understand or are familiar with satin, so they need to reassure them it's not in your face obnoxious sheen. :lol:

Medgal07

I think it's to make people who hate shimmer or glossiness rest easy. I don't think a lot of people tend to understand or are familiar with satin, so they need to reassure them it's not in your face obnoxious sheen.
lol.gif
I have thought about it from a business perspective---they don't want to make and maintain the product if there's little or no interest
from persons of color. Perhaps if they created a suitable product and marketed to that population, that business need would be realized.

They can call it what they want---I'm loving K & B---wearing the red one today
eyelove.gif

shontay07108

[COLOR=0000FF]   I have thought about it from a business perspective---they don't want to make and maintain the product if there's little or no interest [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   from persons of color.  Perhaps if they created a suitable product and marketed to that population, that business need would be realized.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   They can call it what they want---I'm loving K & B---wearing the red one today[/COLOR]:eyelove:
I think there would be interest though. I think they're just being lazy. If it doesn't sell you can discontinue it. There's a perception that people of color mostly have oily skin and that leaves me struggling to find formulas and shades that are right for me. Their touché éclat foundation is very popular with people of color and I think the youth liberation would be very popular with the older and drier set. One more shade wouldn't hurt. Ah, whatever ysl. :p I'm not even going anywhere but I'm going to throw on the orange and see how it wears. :D