YSL Discussion Thread

kimibos

ysl is killing me here I'm loving the looks of these
The quad looks Gorgeous, too bad i cant afford YSL
nope.gif
going back to the mac threads NOW
girlhaha.gif

shontay07108

I put on the YSL Kiss and Blush in orange today but this time I actually put it on my cheeks and omg :love:. So easy to blend and pigmented. The texture is amazing. Maybe next week I'll get my hands on that red. Loving it so much. :heart:

Icecaramellatte

I put on the YSL Kiss and Blush in orange today but this time I actually put it on my cheeks and omg
love.gif
. So easy to blend and pigmented. The texture is amazing. Maybe next week I'll get my hands on that red. Loving it so much.
heart.gif
Don't tempt me. It looks fabulous on Medgal. But I don't see how I can justify another orange lip. It is a really different formula though. BTW Love your new avatar Shontay!

shontay07108

Don't tempt me.  It looks fabulous on Medgal.  But I don't see how I can justify another orange lip.  It is a really different formula though.  BTW Love your new avatar Shontay!
Thanks! Lady, you need it. I know I'm an enabler, but I have a million orange lip colors and I love this one. Plus, how can you beat the fact that you can use it on your lips and cheeks? How quick and easy is that? Besides, they have other colors. :D

Jaymuhlee

My palette just arrived at my husband's work (safest place for packages to arrive) and he opened it and even unboxed the palette! I'm trying not to panic.

Icecaramellatte

I picked up a few things at the YSL counter today.

-Summer palette - I hadn't even considered this but liked it in person.
-Glossy Stains in Guitly Coral #111 and Dangerous Pink #112
-Kiss & Blush #10 Nude Insolent

I picked these up at Bloomies so I guess Nordstrom exclusive on the Kiss & Blush is over. The SA tried #10 on me and it looked much nicer than in the bottle. I will get the orange one next time. I guess this might just be the thing I get a little at a time just like I did the Rebel Nudes Glossy Stains. I loved all of them and told myself I would get one a month. It didn't quite work out that way as I didn't get one for months at a time and then picked up 3 at the Sephora sale. Anyway, I asked the SA if this was like the Rebel Nudes or the old formula and she said no it is the old formula. Well, I see on the box that it does say Rebel Nudes so she is wrong. Maybe this is why I went for it. I seem to like Rebel Nudes better than the regular ones. I like the color selection better and the color change effect. These didn't seem to do the color change effect that the Rebel Nudes did but I didn't really test them out so we'll see.

So my Kiss & Blush purchase plans in order:
-orange
-coral
-nude
-may be a pink or red

I've been buying quite a lot from YSL lately. I bought 2 of the Volupte glosses and plan to buy a few more.

Monsy

touche eclat? first people need to stop selling it as a concealer because it is not. it is illuminator. i use it over concealer in inner and outer corner of the eyes where I have most of the darkness

Icecaramellatte

touche eclat? first people need to stop selling it as a concealer because it is not. it is illuminator. i use it over concealer in inner and outer corner of the eyes where I have most of the darkness
Right that is what I thought too. But I think I need someone to demonstrate on me. But here's the thing, when I was in Sephora recently, I saw some info near the display that said to get one that matched your skin color for concealer and get a lighter one for highlighting hence the confusion.

Monsy

I saw very nice video on application and I forgot where... I just make couple of lines on both outer and inner corner like kitty whiskers and then I blend it out. It does make huge difference. I use a shade that's pinkish because that neutralizes darkness the best . It also evens out my concealer and prevents settling in my fine lines. .i do not use it on my face only around eyes. But this is nice example :

color wise i can't really help you but i agree it should be slightly lighter than your concealer - foundation

Miss QQ

Can't believe the kiss and blush was already at my counter. I gave #3 swatch to feel the texture. It is special, like a satin mousse, neither wet nor creamy and thick. Not sure if my lips will like them, but as a blush I think it will work for me. I don't use the eclat touche as concealer because it can't cover my dark circles. I have seen ysl recommending it for highlighting and shading.

Sugar & Spice

The éclat concealer pen works as a concealer for me, I don't have extreme darkness so it works just fine concealing under my eyes and making that area brighter. I don't use it on my facial contours as a highlighter which is why I don't regard it as such, some use it for that purpose however I do not. I use it to conceal my under eyes only, others mileage may vary.

Icecarmelatte its best to get someone to match you because you will not get the intended effect if you pick the wrong shade, it also depends on how you want to utilize it. Do you want the effect of concealing, highlighting, or both... there is not a one size fit all for its purpose.

Icecaramellatte

You look so beautiful! I love this color and noticed its' name, 'Prune on Fire'. I'm hoping the YSL Kiss & Blush that I ordered, 'Prune Impertinente' # 11 is similar to POF.
Medgal! Did you ever get the Prune Kiss & Blush? How do you like it? That one was not on my radar until I googled Kiss and Blush and this blog post popped up. Looks really nice on the blogger.

http://ifmakeupcouldtalk.com/lipstick/ysl-11-prune-impertinente-baby-doll-kiss-and-blush-review-photos-and-comparisons/