YSL Discussion Thread

FemmeFatale

Re: Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

I LOVE YSL ROuge Volupte's. I am addicted. I already own #2 Sensual Silk and #7 and Lingerie Pink.

I just ordered #14 Orange Shiver, #8 Fetish Pink and #19 Frivolous Pink after agonizing for hours about which to get with the Sephora FF 20% off. I cant wait to get them.

Next up? #24 Praline Delight and #26 Tender Peach. Anyone have a swatch of Praline Delight?

vixo

Re: Any love for YSL rouge volupte lipsticks???

These lipsticks look fab. I would love to see swatches of #24 Praline Delight !

iqaganda

I love these lipsticks too! They are my current obsession as a matter of fact.
greengrin.gif
I already own.. Hmmm... almost 10? I think? I can't remember, but I already have most of them.. Unfortunately, we don't have the color shades from 20+ above here in Hong Kong and that's sooo upsetting...
ssad.gif

Nzsallyb

I finally got the Nude Pink (I think #1) and it's gorgeous!!! It's a more opaque version of 3N so it has now become my favourite nude hands down! If these weren't so damn expensive I would buy them all! The texture is amazing

agree i love this lippy soooooo much! but they are expensive here! NZD$64
shockt.gif

Nicala

I got #1 for my mom off all cosmetics wholesale (9 dollars cheaper btw) and she loves it! It's a gorgeous nude. It looks great with a mauve lip gloss ontop as well.

ambidextrous

I have #2 and #12. While I love pale lips #2 is a bit too dense XD it accentuates all dry flakes on my lips so I always wear it with some gloss. #12 however, is quite nice

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what to do. I've heard that the Rouge Pur Shines are being discontinued and there's one in particular I'm looking for- #94, Blood Orange.

I'm in Canada (Montreal) and I've checked at The Bay and Murale without any luck, as well as online at Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus/ Bergdorf Goodman. They all have RPS lippies, but not this colour. I'm hoping to try Holt Renfrew in the near future. Since this colour was officially limited, though, I don't know if it would be in stores.

The thing is, it IS still available on the YSL US web site, it's just that they won't ship to Canada. I've sent them a message asking if they can help me, but I haven't heard back.

Can anyone else give me any ideas as to where I could track one down?

I'm disappointed that these will be going away as a category- they seem really nice.

Miss QQ

Sorry, I'm not located in that region so I'm totally unfamiliar. But I found some news on new YSL l/s, Volupte Sheer Candy. Perhaps there is something similar to what you are looking for. They look very pretty!

http://www.makeup4all.com/spring-2011-new-lipsticks-by-yves-saint-laurent-guerlain-and-lancome/

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks MIssQQ! The good news is that I did manage to track that particular shade down through Nordie's, who did have it left over and who do ship to Canada. Thanks for the link, though... The new lippies look awesome!

LauraRaelynn

I know this forum isn't very active anymore, but I just ordered 2 new YSL Rouge Voluptes and so I feel like I need to discuss them! haha.

I already own #7 Lingerie Pink and to be honest, while I love the packaging and the formulation, the colour is just TOO pale and milky for me. The two I just ordered are #9 Caress Pink (Temptalia's swatch looks GORGEOUS) and #13 Peach Passion. Does anybody have any extraordinary (or less than extraordinary) experiences with these?

User38

oooo.. I have almost all the colours... and just recently bought # 27 -- a new peach , and #29 Divine opera rose!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just got into these. For some reason, I'd avoided YSL cometics... Bad experience years ago. I picked up one of the dark plum Rouge Voluptes and I wasn't entirely impressed... It seemed to wear off fairly quickly and it wasn't great to reapply (there was a "ringed" look on my lips unless I removed all the lipstick and started over). That said, I do love the colour #29 that I've seen in pictures/ swatches. Hmmm...

ThePowderPuff

I was looking at all the summer collections at our department store today in Copenhagen and of all the big lines, I think YSL has one of the best. The colours are so awesome. They also have a yellow nail polish and it's better than Mimosa in my opinion. The only thing that is dissapointing is the level of pigmentation in the blue eyeshadow.

Anyone else excited about this collection?

User38

I usually get one or two items from YSL's collections.. every one of them.. lol

this one is especially nautical so I am not sure if I am going to get any ES now.. but I am liking some of the new lip sheers..dunno yet.

shontay07108

Whoa, I am all over that blue gloss. I really hate the scent of their glosses, but I will deal with it this time. I don't need the shadow duo because I have Rated R by Nars.

ThePowderPuff

Whoa, I am all over that blue gloss. I really hate the scent of their glosses, but I will deal with it this time. I don't need the shadow duo because I have Rated R by Nars.

Yeah I thought about Rated R when I saw it too. I don't have rated R though. But I am just really broke this month!

katred

Specktra Bestie

I was questioning whether or not I need another blue gloss, since I already have two by Mac and I suspect that this will be another "hint of coolness" and not much else. On the other hand... I want the blue gloss. The shadows look lovely and, although I did think of Rated R as soon as I saw them, I don't have that... So that's a maybe. There's another new duo, #35. You can see it if you check the Summer 2011 collection on the YSL site:

http://www.ysl-parfums.com/yves-saint-laurent-fragrance-amp-beauty/makeup/summerlook-frise-11-en-en-@/index.jspz?id=4066

Latest posts