YSL Discussion Thread

Shypo

I posted somewhere (cannot remember where) photos of the Chromatics quads, which I cannot recommend highly enough. They are beautiful, pigmented, and outstanding when applied wet (though I usually wear them dry). They are some of my favorite quads (#19 being my bestest ;)). I also have (I think) 5 and 6. The pics may be in the Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread. My camera is not great at swatches, so I don't have any of those.

I have one of the quints, but I prefer the quads. The quints are sometimes a bit powdery.

I don't have any of the blushes (yet) and only just purchased the Shocking mascara but have not used it yet (finishing up a tube of MAC False Lashes).

I LOVE the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks - they are incredible. Those are the only YSL lippies I have.....but I might snag one of the 'candy' glossy balm ones soon......

Rinstar

You're not alone!!!! I want a white Christmas! I was sad when there wasn't any snow last night/this morning like they said there might be!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I posted somewhere (cannot remember where) photos of the Chromatics quads, which I cannot recommend highly enough. They are beautiful, pigmented, and outstanding when applied wet (though I usually wear them dry). They are some of my favorite quads (#19 being my bestest ;)). I also have (I think) 5 and 6. The pics may be in the Chanel Ratonas Off-topic Thread. My camera is not great at swatches, so I don't have any of those.

I have one of the quints, but I prefer the quads. The quints are sometimes a bit powdery.

I don't have any of the blushes (yet) and only just purchased the Shocking mascara but have not used it yet (finishing up a tube of MAC False Lashes).

I LOVE the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks - they are incredible. Those are the only YSL lippies I have.....but I might snag one of the 'candy' glossy balm ones soon......
I haven't tried these yet, largely because I heard that they're $74 in Canada vs. $48 in the US. I refuse to pay that much more and so I've been avoiding them lest I be tempted.

Rinstar

What happened to the lavender gel blush in the spring collection? They released the other three, but not the lavender! That's all I wanted!

JulieDiva

I haven't tried these yet, largely because I heard that they're $74 in Canada vs. $48 in the US. I refuse to pay that much more and so I've been avoiding them lest I be tempted.

I am shocked at the price differences of the YSL shadows in Canada vs US!! I am tempted to order off NM this week, with a GWP from YSL...and a beauty bonus from NM......I wonder if they ship both gifts to Canada?????

I love the Candy lip glosses...........I am lemming some more YSL lippies...hearing such rave reviews.hmmm...

vala

I bought the spring 2012 candy palette $68CAD ($65 USD) and the Rouge Volupte Perle lipstick $38CAD ($34USD). I just used the lipstick yesterday and I am in love with it!! I don't remember it being this nice when the MA applied it. She did my whole makeup from scratch and the products smelled so good, everything felt so light and the end result was nice! It was my first time at the YSL counter and trying their products. I was so tempted to buy everything she used, but just left with the two items.

I wish the price difference would go down some more. Why does the GWP look so much better in the states than here in Canada? I checked the neiman marcus website and they do ship to canada, but for a price.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I bought the spring 2012 candy palette $68CAD ($65 USD) and the Rouge Volupte Perle lipstick $38CAD ($34USD). I just used the lipstick yesterday and I am in love with it!! I don't remember it being this nice when the MA applied it. She did my whole makeup from scratch and the products smelled so good, everything felt so light and the end result was nice! It was my first time at the YSL counter and trying their products. I was so tempted to buy everything she used, but just left with the two items.

I wish the price difference would go down some more. Why does the GWP look so much better in the states than here in Canada? I checked the neiman marcus website and they do ship to canada, but for a price.

Those price differences are actually better than they have been in the past, so I hope that they're making more of an effort to court Canadian customers. Glad you enjoyed your haul!

sampantha7

Does anyone know if the RV perle's in the spring collection are limited edition? I really want Milky Pink, but don't know if I should wait or just go ahead and purchase.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! Swimming pool again? Dior has a summer quint named Swimming pool. Yup the eye quads look beautiful, and I'm glad they are perm. My country is getting a YSL counter again end of this year so I can finally get myself some YSL goodies again. It pulled out more than 2 years ago. Too bad the bronzers are LE.

Ejka

Here the glosses and sheer candy lippies from the spring collection are permanent, and the Rouge Volupte Perle lipsticks are limited edition. It's probably the same across Europe & the rest of the world. To be sure, you can always check with your local counter.

Does anyone know if the RV perle's in the spring collection are limited edition? I really want Milky Pink, but don't know if I should wait or just go ahead and purchase.

I picked up #17 Encre Rose ysl glossy stain a while back and I really, really like it. A truly unique lip product. I'm currently on a bit of a pink kick and would like to treat myself to another glossy stain and since #17 is a very cool-toned pink, I'm looking for a warmer one. Does anybody have a favourite (especially among #13, #14 and#15)?

Anneri

I'm really astonished that we don't hear more about the new YSL Vernis a Levres - their new glossy stains. I tried a few last week and they are truly fabulous. They are the most longwearing and simultaneously comfortable and not drying type of lip colour that I know.
I for sure will buy a few - they offer a wonderful orange, a bright red and a very nice rosey mauve which will be my first haul.

Ikram

I'm really astonished that we don't hear more about the new YSL Vernis a Levres - their new glossy stains. I tried a few last week and they are truly fabulous. They are the most longwearing and simultaneously comfortable and not drying type of lip colour that I know.
I for sure will buy a few - they offer a wonderful orange, a bright red and a very nice rosey mauve which will be my first haul.
Well I saw so many raves so I caved. But now I am thinking about returning mine. I got one of the pale colors, the beige one. I am dissappointed as this just dissapears from ym lips very quick. At first is shiny and glossy but then it is just gone, no stain whatsoever. I suspect this is because of the light color. I do think they must be fabulous in one of the richer darker shades, but this one is a total miss.

Anneri

Good to know, Ikram! Do you plan on getting another one? I've this problem with most nudes - my lips are so pigmented that a lighter colour is lost on them.
I tested No. 5, 8 and 9 so far, and those are gorgeous and leave a very longlasting stain.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the new "Teint Touche Eclat" foundation? I saw this review and was thinking that it looks interesting:

http://www.ladyofthelane.com/2012/06/ysl-le-teint-touche-eclat-foundation.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
A couple of Fall collection reviews have been posted (more to come!) from Perilously Pale (aka Mrs. Lid around these parts):

http://www.perilouslypale.com/

I'm dying to check out the new lipsticks!!!

shontay07108

THOSE LIPSTICKS ARE AMAZING!! Sorry for all caps, but seriously, they are awesome. I only own one (the 'orange' shade) but I played with all three. They are the softest matte lipsticks ever. It's like rubbing your lips on the softest pillow. It's not drying at all. Even after hours of wear it was perfect and didn't settle into lip lines. I will say that the only disappointment is that the orange shade isn't all that orange. It comes out red, but still gorgeous. I hope they expand the color range b/c the formula is amazing. Check these things out ladies.