YSL Discussion Thread

laursbeauty

Sorry if it's already been discussed and I've just completely missed it, but what do we all think of the new Touche Eclat foundation? I've been making my way through a little sample of it, and I don't know. While I can see why it's a good foundation, I feel like it's very similar to the Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin (it's launched here in the UK, not sure about the US). I'm not sure I could part with the money when I feel like something cheaper does the same job!

Ingenue

I LOVE the foundation, although Shontay's got me worried about some ingredient in it that might exacerbate acne. I have oily/acne prone skin and that could be a problem. But the coverage and overall feel of the foundation is amazing. I'm a fan.

shontay07108

Hopefully, you'll be fine, Ingenue. Do you use mineralized products by Mac? They have the same ingredient. I guess I should be thankful I'm allergic to it b/c at the end of the day, I have saved a lot of money. I still like the idea of having a YSL foundation, though. :(

Ingenue

Hopefully, you'll be fine, Ingenue. Do you use mineralized products by Mac? They have the same ingredient. I guess I should be thankful I'm allergic to it b/c at the end of the day, I have saved a lot of money. I still like the idea of having a YSL foundation, though.
ssad.gif
I do use MAC mineralize products, so I might not have an issue.

The foundation is divine. I'm sorry about your allergy. That's going to be one of my main autumn/winter foundations for sure.

urshz

27 Rose Paris has been on my wishlist for a looong loong time. It will be my little treat in case I pass anatomy exam this autumn.
Wish me luck!

CartoonChic

I ordered Rouge Volupté #12 Forbidden Burgundy today after swatching it yesterday. It's stunning. I'll wait for Sephora's Friends&Family sale to stock up on more shades. I'm going to go on a swatching spree so I can get together my list.

katred

Specktra Bestie
27 Rose Paris has been on my wishlist for a looong loong time. It will be my little treat in case I pass anatomy exam this autumn.
Wish me luck!
Good luck! That's a lovely shade.

I don't understand why this formula just doesn't work on me. It never seems to settle, so the least touch just wipes it away, it bleeds through lip liner and it dries my lips terribly.
ohboy.gif

Ladychris11

^ my lips hate the RV's as well. For a while such hate had hindered me from the awesomeness of the RPC's but I now have had a change of jheart towards ysl lippies. The RPC formula is an HG of mine! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ my lips hate the RV's as well. For a while such hate had hindered me from the awesomeness of the RPC's but I now have had a change of jheart towards ysl lippies. The RPC formula is an HG of mine!
smiles.gif
Totally agree. The RPCs are like magic on me and their one of my very favourite formulas. I find they get overlooked in favour of the RVs. FYI, my better half always, always, always comments on YSL colours. They do deep, intense shades really well, which are his favourites.

Miss QQ

Which RPC do you ladies recommend getting? I only have Rose Bergamasque and I love it. I bought it sight-unseen since there wasn't any YSL counter but a YSL beauty store is opening soon! Hopefully it will open in 1 or 2 months' time

Ladychris11

Totally agree. The RPCs are like magic on me and their one of my very favourite formulas. I find they get overlooked in favour of the RVs. FYI, my better half always, always, always comments on YSL colours. They do deep, intense shades really well, which are his favourites. 
Oh mine too! He particularly likes deep or bright colors on me! :) @miss QQ, the 01 Le Rouge is HG red! But if you shy away from intense shades and prefer the ones that are more along the lines of Rose Bergamasque, Beige Tribute is a nice MLBB :)

MACina

Even though I dislike YSL`s packaging I caved and ordered the Palette Couture from the fall collection.

Beautezines`s swatches are so pretty and I had to get it....I am always on the hunt for more neutral blushes.

Hope that I will receive it soon...can not wait to play with it!

Neicy

I love 6, 10 for nudes.
I have the white for over lipsticks.
I love 37 & 38 for pinks and 23 is a nice coral.

CartoonChic

I think I see what you ladies mean about the Rouge Volupté formula. When I tried Forbidden Burgundy on my lips, it's like it was melting upon contact. The texture is way too creamy and slick for my liking.

Ladychris11

^so so much! I can't wait to get a hold of my new RPC - Rose Aphrodite! :D It will decide whether or not I get Rose Deesse as well. I'm eyeing that one. *sigh* The RPC's are continually rendering my wallet empty! :p

Ladychris11

And I decided to give the RV's another chance. Got Sensual Silk #2 and it's super creamy and slippery. I just patted it with my fingers and that made it a bit more wearable. Oh well. Love the shade though, so I'd still keep it. It's like a nude and lighter version of Beige Tribute RPC. :) Anyway I got my Rose Aphrodite as well and it's really nice. It's a bit gritty because of the glitters but it is nevertheless moisturizing, and since it was a bit gritty I did expect it to dry my lips out a bit, but no, it is still just as moisturizing as any other RPC. I wonder how they do that..

Shypo

I'm going to try the foundation out this weekend - dying to see it. I may end up getting another quad too - I love the Chromatics so much -

Ladychris, so glad to hear you like Rose Aphrodite! It was one of my first ones......

Winthrop44

Ah, Shypo, I was just writing to you. Do you have that green quad, I guess it's #10? I was eyeing that the other day....

Shypo

^^ No, I have 7, 9 (from summer) and 11......but 8 (summer) and 10 were the ones I was thinking of checking out....

Latest posts