YSL Discussion Thread

Ladychris11

I'm going to try the foundation out this weekend - dying to see it.  I may end up getting another quad too - I love the Chromatics so much - Ladychris, so glad to hear you like Rose Aphrodite!  It was one of my first ones......
Thanks, I actually wore it today and got compliments :)

Shypo

OK....so my low-down on quad #10:

There are 2 warmer-toned greens that have a fair amount of yellow in them - they are quite complementary in tone. The darkest green, however, is a bit on the cooler side. The 3 together are very pretty, but IMO not a must have unless you're trying to build a green shadow wardrobe. The highlight color, while gorgeous in its own right, seems misplaced in this quad. It is silver, and definitely cool-toned, and to me, definitely NOT a highlight shade, given the sparkle factor. Personally, I would have to find something like Brule or the like to use as a highlight with the 3 greens.

It didn't really blow my dress up. Interestingly enough, Sephora was out of it when I was there last night, and Nordies only had a couple. I'm not sure if that's testament to its popularity, or just that it's a 'lower-stocked' color combo.......

Winthrop44

Thanks Shypo. I think the green in the Chantecaille palette will probably satisfy me -- if I end up getting that one.

martiangurll

Sorry if it's already been discussed and I've just completely missed it, but what do we all think of the new Touche Eclat foundation? I've been making my way through a little sample of it, and I don't know. While I can see why it's a good foundation, I feel like it's very similar to the Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin (it's launched here in the UK, not sure about the US). I'm not sure I could part with the money when I feel like something cheaper does the same job!
I would love to get a sample, but if I can't would consider the whole bottle to try. Wondering if anyone can guess a match for NC20?

califabulous

has anyone tried out the new shades for touche eclat radiance (highlighting pen)? What do you think of the new colors? Not sure what shade to get since #4 seems to be no more...

shontay07108

Really? I've seen 4 in department stores and Sephora still carries it online. I've played with them, but I realized 4 is the shade that I need. If it's being discontinued for some reason I need to buy another or just switch to mufe hd concealer completely.

califabulous

Yes I was surprised. I have seen the new shades at sephora and noticed the old shades were still selling at Nordies. It's like they've changed some of the descriptions and added darker shades to the line up. But the one listed for olive skin seems light I think it's #3 and then it jumps to 4.5. Maybe its just sephora isn't selling #4 in store..????

Ladychris11

Ah I really like the color of Lingerie Pink RV, but the texture :( Can you girls recommend anything that's similar?

shontay07108

The US only has 3 of the mat lipsticks, unfortunately. I only have one because that's the only one that appeals to me. I've never tried a YSL shadow or shadow palette. I need to be wowed by the colors.

Dominique33

I understand you. YSL makeup is not my cup of tea but this palette ( and the others ) is pigmented. I know the packaging will be pretty too, I have just one 5 eyeshadow palette from YSL and I never wear it I must say. This one looks gorgeous, so is the collection ( compared to the Holiday 2011 ) I must think it over because I am more a Chanel, Nars, M.A.C woman in general.
YSL improved over the years I mean as far as makeup is concerned. Perfumes are really bad compared to the wonderful Rive Gauche, Opium or Paris.

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ In Canada, I'd heard we were getting all 6, but it turns out we only got 3. Too bad, because the one that really set my heart a-flutter was one of the only in Europe ones. Nonetheless, I do want to try the formula.

I think that YSL has been improving steadily over the last few years. I've really come to love their Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks and their single eye shadows are actually really nice. Their quads are $74 Canadian, which would be bad enough, but in the US they're $52.

Miss QQ

I bought RPC gloss in Corail Antique recently and love it. It feels very comfortable on my lips, and isn't sticky once set. I think I'll get Rose Vinyl next. I feel YSL makeup products are of good quality but I have difficulty picking colours I want from my already unmanageable collection. I want a chromatic quad and another RPC lipstick, but I can't decide on which.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Are there any swatches of the holiday collection yet? I'm interested in both glosses, the highlighter and the nail polish.

Anneri

Here is a beautiful eyepalette from the Holiday 2012 collection ( SOURCE : CHIC PROFILE )
http://www.chicprofile.com/wp-conte...day-2012-Northern-Lights-Collection-Promo.jpg
Have you tried the new Rouge Pur Couture Mat ? Really amazing, soft texture and wears long. I am not a fan of YSL makeup but this new lipstick is really great ( available in 6 intense shades in France, I don't know for the US ).
I've the feeling that YSL really has some outstanding lip products at the moment.

I'm also not a fan of their line, but absolutely adore their Glossy Stains and want to try some of their matte lipsticks too.

Miss QQ, I also own both Rose Vinyl and Corail Antique! I lust after Violet Edition, because of this blog post: http://drivelaboutfrivol.blogspot.de/2012/09/after-honeymoon-ysl-glossy-stain-1.html A wonderful colour for autumn!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I tried out the new foundation in Sephora yesterday. Strange thing to notice off the top, but it has a nice (although mild, especially for YSL), fresh scent, like cucumbers or something. I love how light it felt. I had a little trouble finding a good match for my skin, though, because their pink shades have A LOT of pink in them. I'm just slightly on the pink side of neutral. The lightest shade looked a little too light at the moment (although I still have some colour on my face that's in the process of fading, so I suspect I'll catch up with it).

I really loved the concealer, though. Definitely want to go back for that!

Latest posts