YSL Discussion Thread

MACina

I hope that you will get the collection soon kimibos!

I tried the palette yesterday and I loooooooove it
bigheart.gif

It makes such a beautiful glow on my pale cool toned skin...I am really glad that I ordered it.

nothing here, yet. i want the glosses, they look cool. please do tell me how you like that palette.

MACina

I applied it just as a highlight on my cheeks.It is quite sheer.Just a beautiful shimmer/glow
heart.gif

I have not tried to apply it all over my face yet.But I will definitely do!

It has a white base color with shimmer particles that sparkle slightly pink,blue and silver....it remembers me of very white snow
in the sun.

HTH!

Ooooh, that looks so pretty!! How pigmented is it and is it a pure white color or are there other shades like blue or pink in it? Where have you used it on your face? Thanks for the picture!

MACina

I am very sorry for the poor quality but my cam can not catch the beautiful shimmer
blush-anim-cl.gif

I swatched both...Polar Light and Lightscapade (Danse Collection):

Polar Light is more white-pink and has more sparkles than Lightscapade.

Is the effect similar to Lightscapade?

Anneri

Thank you, Macina! Don't worry, I find highlighters especially hard to photograph! Your pic shows the effect nicely.
pretty.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks Macina- highlighters are subtle, but I can definitely see the difference. I'm not sure it's enough to warrant me purchasing the YSL one, when I still have so much Lightscapade left, but it's sooooo pretty.

kimibos

I am very sorry for the poor quality but my cam can not catch the beautiful shimmer
blush-anim-cl.gif

I swatched both...Polar Light and Lightscapade (Danse Collection):

Polar Light is more white-pink and has more sparkles than Lightscapade.
thanks for this! im def getting this if it comes here. i love lightscapade but i can tell that its yellow where as polar light is white. thanks!!

Miss QQ

^^ I agree, and glad I didn't buy Lightscapade. I want Polar Light!

MACina - Thanks for the great pictures!

CartoonChic

I ordered some items from YSL.com today. I wanted the free day planner GWP. I got White Gold Amethyst Golden Gloss to substitute for MAC Boys Go Crazy Dazzleglass in the Guilty Passions Lavish Rose set. I prefer YSL's non-sticky formula and I feel like I get more for my money. I'm trying out my first YSL polish in Violet Baroque. I also got RPC Belle De Rose. I don't know how I missed this shade before. I searched for swatches and it's beautiful. I think maybe because it was never available for me to swatch at counters. I was going to get The Mats Rouge Rock at first, but changed my mind at the last minute. I still plan to get Rouge Rock and the other Mats, but later.

I wonder why it's taking so long for the holiday collection to launch in the US. I'm interested in the blue lipgloss and I think I want to try the nail polish.

kimibos

i ordered 2 mascaras from ysl on oct 26th and i havent received them. no shipping notice or tracking number either. i really hate free shipping sometimes!

CartoonChic

i ordered 2 mascaras from ysl on oct 26th and i havent received them. no shipping notice or tracking number either. i really hate free shipping sometimes!
That's a long time. Maybe Sandy has something to do with the delay. I just checked my account and the status says Open and Shipped. I haven't received a shipping email yet.

kimibos

That's a long time. Maybe Sandy has something to do with the delay. I just checked my account and the status says Open and Shipped. I haven't received a shipping email yet.
ohh yeah i kind of forgot about that. but im not excited about the mascaras anymore.

MACina

This one looks beautiful....is it permanent?
I ordered some items from YSL.com today. I wanted the free day planner GWP. I got White Gold Amethyst Golden Gloss to substitute for MAC Boys Go Crazy Dazzleglass in the Guilty Passions Lavish Rose set. I prefer YSL's non-sticky formula and I feel like I get more for my money. I'm trying out my first YSL polish in Violet Baroque. I also got RPC Belle De Rose. I don't know how I missed this shade before. I searched for swatches and it's beautiful. I think maybe because it was never available for me to swatch at counters. I was going to get The Mats Rouge Rock at first, but changed my mind at the last minute. I still plan to get Rouge Rock and the other Mats, but later.

I wonder why it's taking so long for the holiday collection to launch in the US. I'm interested in the blue lipgloss and I think I want to try the nail polish.

Latest posts