YSL Discussion Thread

CartoonChic

Thank you very much
th_hug.gif

Douglas has it in stock and I will order it
yahoo.gif
Glad you're able to get it!

Shadowy Lady

I tried a sample of the Touche Eclat foundation for a week and I'm kinda meh about it. I find it a little bit more watery that I care for though for once the colour match was perfect (I got Beige Rose 30). BAck to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Lancome Teint Miracle I go!

Monsy

lancome teint miracle is my all time fav
but i do like YSL too and i bought it in shade beige dore 10 - perfect match for my light skin

CartoonChic

I take back what I said about the YSL nail polish brush. I actually like the larger applicator. It makes it easier to get a cleaner edge near the cuticle. I still need to exchange for a different color, though. I'm going to swatch in person first so I don't get any more dupes. I don't mind dupes of less expensive polish, but I like to have unique colors at higher price points.

kimibos

i got the mascaras ill post pics in a second. i love the blue one but the purple one is mehh. its kind of better than wearing black mascara. and youll see why i say that. i have crazy lashes.

kimibos

<--- crazy eye!!

sorry i haven't clean my eyebrows in a long time, and my eyeliner is gone. you can see the blue one is really blue and the purple is not bright as the blue its kind of dark purple. i think that im going to keep them both . i dont like black mascara because my lashes are too long and black mascara makes them look exaggerated. as you can see in the third picture they end where my eyebrows start. thats why i dont usually wear mascara. i know people like long lashes. but i not that happy with mine.i guess you always want what you dont have and vice versa. im going to take some pics during the day tomorrow. so you can see them with natural lighting.

Monsy

Ladycrhis yes it is, all dore shades are yellow toned. Beige dore 10 matches MAC's nc15/nc20

and katred I think it is too glowy for you. If i am not mistaken you do have some shine during the day? I do not, especially during the winter I am pretty dry that's why this works really good for me

Ladychris11

Ladycrhis yes it is, all dore shades are yellow toned. Beige dore 10 matches MAC's nc15/nc20 and katred I think it is too glowy for you. If i am not mistaken you do have some shine during the day? I do not, especially during the winter I am pretty dry that's why this works really good for me
That would probably be my match then! Thank you!

Shadowy Lady

lancome teint miracle is my all time fav
but i do like YSL too and i bought it in shade beige dore 10 - perfect match for my light skin
Ya the Lancome is great! I'm running outta mine now (I use Buff 2C). I can't pick between Teint Miracle and Chanel VA aqua, they are both amazing.

I do like that YSL also does rose toned as I can't wear yellow tones shades, but I just don't like their foundation texture as much. I haven't tried anything else of them besides the Rouge Volupte though. Maybe time to experiment with the brand more...perhaps their mascara?

kimibos

Thx :) I actually thought of you when I saw it, I knew you'd love it, haha. It's MINT!
flower.gif
I'm interested in it too, but I need to see swatches.
i dont have mac's summer shower but from pics that i have seen, i would like this one to be alittle bit more pigmented. like a sheer mint.

i also gave in and ordered satin taupe, i cant wait to use it.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i dont have mac's summer shower but from pics that i have seen, i would like this one to be alittle bit more pigmented. like a sheer mint.

i also gave in and ordered satin taupe, i cant wait to use it.
Yes, SS is very sheer, it's more shimmer than colour.

YAY for Satin Taupe! Hope you'll like it!
cheerleader.gif