YSL Discussion Thread

MACina

Douglas only had the # 56 (Polar Pink) available.No # 55 (Arctic Blue) either
crybaby.gif

MACina

BTW in Summer 2011 YSL released a blue gloss too.
We got this one in Germany and I don' t know why we did not
get Arctic Blue
th_dunno.gif

BuickMackane

I find the regular RVs to be a greasy mess.
nonono.gif
Yup. Such a shame because there are some really nice shades in the RV range.

I have nr 27 and it's put me off buying any more. I've never used a lipstick as slippery (so slippery, in fact, it almost crosses into the slimy territory). It smudges everywhere and bleeds like crazy. It does feel very moisturising on the lips though. Better than most lip balms
lol.gif

BuickMackane

I swatched the Polar Light highlighter in the store the other day and I found it to meh, at best. It looked waaaaay to pink on me and reminded me very much of MAC Pink Opal piggie.

Or maybe I swatched it too heavily, I dunno
th_dunno.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I swatched the Polar Light highlighter in the store the other day and I found it to meh, at best. It looked waaaaay to pink on me and reminded me very much of MAC Pink Opal piggie.

th_dunno.gif
Thanks for your thoughts on the highlighter. I still kinda want it. But I feel like it might be too shimmery for me, right now I'm more into subtle highlighters. I don't think this one will fly off the shelves, so I'll wait some time to think about it. (Can't afford it right now anyway) I think I might like the Chanel Spring highlighter better, too.

Pinkdollface

th_dunno.gif
I liked the highlighter, but the price put me off. I would rather have the Guerlain Dragon balls. I also did swatch the blue gloss and it was very sheer, but with pretty blue sparkles and it would make your lips more cooltoned.

MACina

The Chanel highlighter might not be as cool toned
th_dunno.gif

But I am very excited for it too!!!
Thanks for your thoughts on the highlighter. I still kinda want it. But I feel like it might be too shimmery for me, right now I'm more into subtle highlighters. I don't think this one will fly off the shelves, so I'll wait some time to think about it. (Can't afford it right now anyway) I think I might like the Chanel Spring highlighter better, too.

MACina

That sounds stunning
eyelove.gif

I liked the highlighter, but the price put me off. I would rather have the Guerlain Dragon balls. I also did swatch the blue gloss and it was very sheer, but with pretty blue sparkles and it would make your lips more cooltoned.

BuickMackane

I didn't even like it enough to ask the price.

The Saharienne bronzer thingy has been in the back of my mind for some time now though. Trouble is I never use bronzer (I don't even know what to do with it tbh) but this one looks very wearable because it's not too dark or sparkly. Perhaps I should just get it before the 25%off at ICIParisXL disappears.

BuickMackane

Did you see it in person? I personally found it too pink and shimmery, but I just don't happen to like too much pink and shimmer in my complexion products. But you might end up liking it when you actually try it.

I definitely agree about it not flying off the shelves, unless there is a very limited amount. It's not a product most people would find suitable for daily wear and the price is probably too steep for a special occasion highlighter.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Did you see it in person? I personally found it too pink and shimmery, but I just don't happen to like too much pink and shimmer in my complexion products. But you might end up liking it when you actually try it.

I definitely agree about it not flying off the shelves, unless there is a very limited amount. It's not a product most people would find suitable for daily wear and the price is probably too steep for a special occasion highlighter.
No, I haven't seen it in person. I rarely make it to a counter, because I live in the middle of nowhere, LOL. A conplexion product can never be too pink for me, so that's actually a good thing. But too shimmery would be a problem. I'll keep it on my 'maybe' list. But I have the feeling I will end up getting the Chanel powder instead, I can't wait to see swatches of that one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, I tried out the Teint Eclat yesterday, not in my office that eats makeup, but outside in the real world and I liked it a lot. I don't think I could wear it in the summer, when my skin tends to get a bit shinier, but now I'm thinking it might be an option for winter/ early Spring. B10 is a great match for my skin, which I can be a little tricky.

BuickMackane

No, I haven't seen it in person. I rarely make it to a counter, because I live in the middle of nowhere, LOL. A conplexion product can never be too pink for me, so that's actually a good thing. But too shimmery would be a problem. I'll keep it on my 'maybe' list. But I have the feeling I will end up getting the Chanel powder instead, I can't wait to see swatches of that one.
I'm looking forward to the Chanel swatches too
eyelove.gif

re: YSL - now that i think about it, i reckon iridescent would be a better word to describe it rather than shimmery. It's not like Stardust, with the scattered tiny bits of shimmer. The effect on this powder is more uniform, almost like mother of pearl. For that reason I think it would accentuate pores, but of course that's just an impression I got from swatching the product on my hand. Using a brush would probably tone down the effect.

Monsy

FYI, I tried out the Teint Eclat yesterday, not in my office that eats makeup, but outside in the real world and I liked it a lot. I don't think I could wear it in the summer, when my skin tends to get a bit shinier, but now I'm thinking it might be an option for winter/ early Spring. B10 is a great match for my skin, which I can be a little tricky.
I am glad you liked it.

Pinkdollface

I didn't even like it enough to ask the price.

The Saharienne bronzer thingy has been in the back of my mind for some time now though. Trouble is I never use bronzer (I don't even know what to do with it tbh) but this one looks very wearable because it's not too dark or sparkly. Perhaps I should just get it before the 25%off at ICIParisXL disappears.
It's around €50
icon_eek.gif

I like to apply bronzer in the contour areas, but I'm less precise with it and put it over larger areas if that makes sense. I don't use bronzer that much, but it's nice to have at least one.