YSL Discussion Thread

MACina

yahoo.gif
.....I hope that you will like the lippie!!!

A 10 € off coupon is awseome!
I just ordered my first YSL product.
cheerleader.gif
I got a 10 Euro off coupon, it worked with no minimum purchase and surpisingly it gave me free shipping too. So I paid just 15,90 Euro for the lipstick. Can't wait to get it! I wish that code would work a 2nd time, I'd get the Touche Eclat.

ETA: it's the Rouge Pur Couture Nr. 10 Beige Tribute!

MACina

LOL....I think that I am really the only one here who likes the RV and RVP!!!

I can not wait to get Menthe Fraiche from the Spring Collection...it is going to be my first VSC!

RPCs are pretty good - waaaay better than the unholy mess that is RV (really though, most things are better than RV). My only problem with the RPC range is that the colours aren't anything special. At the moment I only have Beige Novella (43), which does absolutely nothing to flatter me but I wear it anyways hehe.

Beige Tribute reminded me a bit of You're Perfect Already btw. But it probably has a very different effect because of the finish.

BuickMackane

LOL....I think that I am really the only one here who likes the RV and RVP!!!

I can not wait to get Menthe Fraiche from the Spring Collection...it is going to be my first VSC!
I haven't got any RVPs so I can't say anything about them, but RVs smudge like nobody's business on me. They are very comfortable to wear but I don't appreciate my lippies straying to other areas of my face. Hehe. I love the colour range though - I'd probably have 6-7 in my collection if I got along better with the formula.

kimibos

VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY N°11 – Menthe Fraiche
eyelove.gif

LA LAQUE COUTURE , N°24 – Jade Imperial
RPC VERNIS A LÈVRES N°30 – Mauve Fusain

my list, i like the look of the quad too so thats a maybe.

VampyCouture

I haven't got any RVPs so I can't say anything about them, but RVs smudge like nobody's business on me. They are very comfortable to wear but I don't appreciate my lippies straying to other areas of my face. Hehe. I love the colour range though - I'd probably have 6-7 in my collection if I got along better with the formula.
I LOVE the formula, but I've heard that from a lot of people as well. They are too slippery and glide on way too easy. I wore one of the colors (of RV) out one night, and it stayed on for 10 hours. In between that, I went out to eat twice for a friend's birthday and by the end of the night, it still stayed on. (I don't remember reapplying--if I did, it was once and it was really early on in the night). They have great staying power on me.

MACina

Kimibos....I am soooooooooo excited for Menthe Fraiche too
bigheart.gif

And also for Mauve Fusain....I hope that it is a stunning purple!!!
VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY N°11 – Menthe Fraiche
eyelove.gif

LA LAQUE COUTURE , N°24 – Jade Imperial
RPC VERNIS A LÈVRES N°30 – Mauve Fusain

my list, i like the look of the quad too so thats a maybe.

kimibos

Kimibos....I am soooooooooo excited for Menthe Fraiche too
bigheart.gif

And also for Mauve Fusain....I hope that it is a stunning purple!!!
yes, i want a true purple, i went to the ysl website to check the artic palette and its sold out. i should have check yesterday with the 20%off
ohboy.gif

Miss QQ

RPCs are pretty good - waaaay better than the unholy mess that is RV (really though, most things are better than RV). My only problem with the RPC range is that the colours aren't anything special. At the moment I only have Beige Novella (43), which does absolutely nothing to flatter me but I wear it anyways hehe.

Beige Tribute reminded me a bit of You're Perfect Already btw. But it probably has a very different effect because of the finish.
I agree. I have Rose Bergamasque only and love it, but still have not found another colour I want from the line. Beige Tribue and Rose Stiletto (which was previously on my list) look beautiful in the lip swatch, I might pick RS up next but I'm unsure about BT, on me it might look like I'm sick.

The Spring Chromatics quad might be my first Chromatics quad! I'm not sure if I can wear all the colours at the same time, but the palette looks so pretty and colourful! Too bad there isn't a highlight colour in the palette. I also look forward to the RPC stain glosses! They are amazing, they do not dry up my lips. Love the promo pic! Her nails look stunning. The poor male model looks awkward though, they could have at least show a bit more of his face, even though we get it that the focus is on the female model. Or they could have just remove him entirely. :p

BuickMackane

LOL. I hadn't even noticed the poor guy before you mentioned it. He probably had a giant spot on his nose when he arrived at the shoot and they didn't want to exclude him from the pics because he'd already been paid so they had to use some strategic hand placement to save the day!
th_thdeadea.gif

BuickMackane

I LOVE the formula, but I've heard that from a lot of people as well. They are too slippery and glide on way too easy. I wore one of the colors (of RV) out one night, and it stayed on for 10 hours. In between that, I went out to eat twice for a friend's birthday and by the end of the night, it still stayed on. (I don't remember reapplying--if I did, it was once and it was really early on in the night). They have great staying power on me.
Wow! That really is impressive! The only lippies that stay for that long on my lips are Rouge Gs.

I'm jealous now because I really love the RV colours. I wish they worked for me :(

MACina

Same here.....staying power and texture are stunning!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I received my lippie today. So far, I like it, but don't love it. The color looks different on me than in the link I posted and all the other swatches I've seen. It's less pink on me. And it looks exactly the same as Chanel RA Evanescente.
amazed.gif
I didn't expect that. I recently bought the Chanel one, those are my two most expensive l/s and they are ridiculously similar, that's not exactly what I planned. Even the finish reminds me a lot of the RA.
It's OK though, it's a nice color. More beige-neutral on me, very natural, as in barely different from my natural lip color.
The formula is nice, applies very smooth and even. It does make my lips feel a bit dry (so does the Chanel).
I'm not a fan of the rather strong scent. But I'm very sensitive when it comes to that, so that doesn't mean anything.
I do wish I would've picked a shade that's a little more pink, so it wouldn't be so close to the Chanel, but that's what happens when you shop online based on swatches. I wouldn't have needed two of the same.
Oh, and I love the packaging. Probably more than the RA one. I'm not sure if I'll buy another RPC in the future, just based on the scent.

MACina

What a bummer...I am sorry to hear that Naynadine
ssad.gif

I received my lippie today. So far, I like it, but don't love it. The color looks different on me than in the link I posted and all the other swatches I've seen. It's less pink on me. And it looks exactly the same as Chanel RA Evanescente.
amazed.gif
I didn't expect that. I recently bought the Chanel one, those are my two most expensive l/sand they are ridiculously similar, that's not exactly what I planned. Even the finish reminds me a lot of the RA.
It's OK though, it's a nice color. More beige-neutral on me, very natural, as in barely different from my natural lip color.
The formula is nice, applies very smooth and even. It does make my lips feel a bit dry (so does the Chanel).
I'm not a fan of the rather strong scent. But I'm very sensitive when it comes to that, so that doesn't mean anything.
I do wish I would've picked a shade that's a little more pink, so it wouldn't be so close to the Chanel, but that's what happens when you shop online based on swatches. I wouldn't have needed two of the same.
Oh, and I love the packaging. Probably more than the RA one. I'm not sure if I'll buy another RPC in the future, just based on the scent.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
What a bummer...I am sorry to hear that Naynadine
ssad.gif
I think I need to be a bit more daring again. If I keep buying these kind of nude colors I will end up with a whole collection of lipsticks that all look the same on me.
bangin.gif
My next lippie needs to be more pink. I think I'll have a look at Armani and Bobbi Brown. (And I'm looking forward to the MAC Apres Chic ones and the new Givenchy)

Latest posts