YSL Discussion Thread

Medgal07

Time for review:)
Today I'm wearing it for the first time.
It's buildable that's for sure.
Depends on the part (pink or peach) it can work as pink, very girly blush.
Or it can also work as highlighter.
Today I wasn't very brave with it so on my face it's more as highlighter.
But swatches shows it's really pink, glowy blush.

So, so pretty---thanks for sharing. Just lovely!!!

Medgal07

Medgal sweet to see you here :)
Thank you so much Baxterina
th_hug.gif

mysteereous

I'm not @baxterina, but I do own this (literally bought this just for the packaging... swoon). I haven't found a MAC foundation that fits, but I'm in between NC45 and NC50 (very warm undertones). This swatches ashy on my hand, but surprisingly, I was able to wear it as a highlighter. It came out nice (subtle and not ashy). Unfortunately, I can't remember which blush I used with it. I haven't tried it alone as a blush just because I assumed it wouldn't work that way on me. If I remember to try it, I'll report back.
wavey.gif
Well hello there Mysteereous! Thanks so much for your input. That's awesome that you were able to use the product as a highlighter.
Hi @Medgal07! You're welcome!

allthingsglam

Time for review:) Today I'm wearing it for the first time. It's buildable that's for sure. Depends on the part (pink or peach) it can work as pink, very girly blush. Or it can also work as highlighter. Today I wasn't very brave with it so on my face it's more as highlighter. But swatches shows it's really pink, glowy blush.
Wow so beautiful thanks for review I loving it now I want want want lol

Rinstar

I looked at them online yesterday and was smitten by 03---I couldn't resist the colors---nothing particularly unique about them, they just appeal to me,
so I ordered it.

I saw one other one that I know will not leave my mind until it's in my possession.
thud.gif
I like 3 a lot also. I want to get 1 for a nice smoky gray look. And the purple one too! So I guess that's only 3
girlhaha.gif

But I can take my time and get them 1 at a time. I also usually get a bunch of Sephora gift cards right about now from students who know I love makeup, so that'll help!

Medgal07

I like 3 a lot also. I want to get 1 for a nice smoky gray look. And the purple one too! So I guess that's only 3
girlhaha.gif

But I can take my time and get them 1 at a time. I also usually get a bunch of Sephora gift cards right about now from students who know I love makeup, so that'll help!
Some merchants have the palettes listed by name, & some by number. I think you might be referring to # 8 which is very pretty. I wish they'd do both because it gets a tad
confusing, especially w/the palettes look slightly similar. That's so awesome that you get GCs from your students---clearly they think a lot of you. That's really very sweet.

LiliV

I'm eyeing #2 of the palettes, the swatches look amazing! I saw there's a new foundation coming out in fall, Le Teint Encre de Peau. [COLOR=CD69A1] [/COLOR] BEAUTY | Julie Merle - Art Direction
Interesting! I wonder if this will be the replacement for Teint Resist. That was my holy grail until they discontinued it and I had to go to Givenchy (Teint Couture is great). I've felt YSL has needed a foundation for us oily people ever since they discontinued Teint Resist, I'm wondering if this will be that!

Rinstar

[COLOR=0000FF] Some merchants have the palettes listed by name, & some by number.  I think you might be referring to # 8 which is very pretty. I wish they'd do both because it gets a tad[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   confusing, especially w/the palettes look slightly similar.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]That's so awesome that you get GCs from your students---clearly they think a lot of you.  That's really very sweet.[/COLOR]
The black and gray one I mean is #1 Tuxedo, it looks so pretty. And the purple is #5. And yes, I love that my students know my love of makeup and appreciate me so much!

Medgal07

The black and gray one I mean is #1 Tuxedo, it looks so pretty. And the purple is #5. And yes, I love that my students know my love of makeup and appreciate me so much!
Oh yes, the gray is GORGEOUS. I like the purple one too---maybe a little too much
girlhaha.gif
Teachers are unsung heroes IMO!!!

Rinstar

[COLOR=0000FF]Oh yes, the gray is GORGEOUS.  I like the purple one too---maybe a little too much[/COLOR]:haha: [COLOR=0000FF] Teachers are unsung heroes IMO!!![/COLOR]
Well I am a dance teacher, so I can't take credit for molding their minds haha, maybe improving their coordination a bit. I don't know how school teachers do it, they have the patience of angels for sure!

Medgal07

Well I am a dance teacher, so I can't take credit for molding their minds haha, maybe improving their coordination a bit. I don't know how school teachers do it, they have the patience of angels for sure!
Are you kidding me. Dance is important ---shall we talk discipline & following direction and working with others in addition to coordination? I could go on on. Don't minimize
the good that you do. It's meaningful.
bouquet.gif

Rinstar

[COLOR=0000FF]  Are you kidding me.  Dance is important ---shall we talk discipline & following direction and working with others in addition to coordination?  I could go on on.  Don't minimize[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  the good that you do.  It's meaningful.[/COLOR]   :bouquet:  
Awww thanks! We're getting ready for our end of the year recital right now and it's great to see how much the kids have improved over the year!
I'm liking #3 a lot after seeing swatches, this weekend I'll go check them out.
Let us know what you think after you see them in person!

Latest posts