YSL Discussion Thread

awickedshape

:wavey: [COLOR=0000FF]Did any of you YSL lovers who also happen to be Sephora VIB Rouge pick up the YSL Designer Essential 500 point reward?  I don't usually get these reward offers because they can be a bit lackluster, but this one spoke to me.  It's a super cute mini set which includes; a water proof black eye pencil, Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick in 1 Le Rouge; Volume Mascara in Babydoll Black and an engraved YSL mirror reminiscent of the leather-look Fétiche e/s palette.[/COLOR]
Ooh, sounds nice :)

TinTin

I picked up the 500 point reward! I mainly got it for the lipstick and mirror.

When it arrives, I'll definitely share some details!

Medgal07

I picked up the 500 point reward! I mainly got it for the lipstick and mirror.

When it arrives, I'll definitely share some details!
You know TinTin, I thought I'd missed it because I hadn't checked my E-mail until later in the day. I just got notification that it will arrive tomorrow.

Monsy

I have been wearing Souffle powder for the past couple of days and I like it. It does have shimmer when you do heavy swatch with fingers but when applied on face I can't see any really even when I look really closely. I have shade 02 which is very light yellow/neutral tone. It works well with YSL touch eclat foundation shade BD10 or for example MAC nc15/20, chanel beige 10/20
it is extremely silky soft. It does smooth the skin, gives nice "polished" look, makes pores look smaller and everything slightly "photoshop" looking
It is kinda on a similar page as Meteroties perles but less shimmery. I would say it's most comparable to Givenchy loose powder

Sugar & Spice

I think the Souffle powder is best used combined with a foundation especially the touch eclat, I love it! If I wanted to use powder only, I reach for Chanel Les Beiges.

MACina

Beautiful MACina----Hope you're enjoying it.
Thanks, Medgal
smiles.gif

I do, I loveeeeee it
eyelove.gif

awickedshape

So, in addition to the advice and support on Specktra I was also able to get this from one of our lovely members:
14c2726c_PhotoGrid_1410618824174.jpeg
Bleus Lumière!!!! (I tried to forget about it but just couldn't)

TinTin

The Bleus Lumiere palette is available for pre-order at Barneys if anybody missed it before. Estimated arrival is sometime in Oct.

Picked up one for now just in case.

Dominique33

Hi Med! I saw a pic of that set on Instagram, it looks great. I think I have the same mirror, it came as a gift with purchase here a while ago.
Yes the YSL powder is a setting powder but I often wear it without any foundation ( I never wear liquid foundations ), Shimmer particules ? I didńt notice any ( there are some in the Dior Skin Nude Rose powder ), The texture is a very finely milled one. Well so sorry you do not like it, maybe à combo foundation + powder, the new YSL foundation ? Reviews are very good here , I cańt review it as I do not have such foundations, I have the Chanel loose powder one or Estée Lauder Double Wear compact version .

Medgal07

Got mine too yesterday!

I'm a little disappointed that the mirror isn't a clamshell, but I still think the gift as a whole is a pretty good redemption.
Glad you got yours,,,,and yes---I totally agree about the gift overall----good points rewards are few and far between.

Miss QQ

Now I am getting curious about the Soufflé powder. Sounds like it is even better than Guerlain meteorites since it is not so shimmery and I don't have to roll my brush on the ballz to get the powder even. My counter doesn't have it yet. And Fusion Ink will only come here next year. What a long wait.