YSL Discussion Thread

MACina

th_thstars.gif
Here's that Sephora 500 point VIB Rouge reward that I mentioned.

eyelove.gif
awesome
pompom.gif

sugarberry

very heavy swatch of souffle powder 2
I got to swatch these at the store, and I agree they're very nice. They're so finely milled! I did notice the shimmer/pearl particles, but I only noticed it under low-light. I think it adds a nice radiance.

ashievic

I picked up the souffle powder in the pink shade last spring and I love it!!! I also love the ink fusion foundation. I was concerned since BR10 was no longer made. BR20 is just fine. For those who are MAC NW 10 to NW 15. No need for primer or powder for this. I used the souffle with my Kevyn Aucoin airbrush foundation. Works really well. Being OCD, I do wipe the rim of the jar when I am done. Nothing like the mess with Armani Maestro.

sugarberry

Has anyone seen the Rose gold highlighter/primer out yet? I have been checking in with my Nordies counter regularly, and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

ashievic

I have reached out to my sources in the know and let's see what they come back with. Once I know I will post it. Perks of being close to the powers that be in the world of makeup!!! Has anyone seen the Gucci makeup in person??? Tempting, but still undecided.....

Medgal07

I have reached out to my sources in the know and let's see what they come back with. Once I know I will post it. Perks of being close to the powers that be in the world of makeup!!! Has anyone seen the Gucci makeup in person??? Tempting, but still undecided.....
There's a Gucci thread. Several Specktrettes have already purchased and used many of the products---tons of pics & swatches, and lots of good buzz.

Rinstar

Well I'm glad I waited to get the Tuxedo e/s palette. I want it in the glittery black packaging for holiday! chic profile posted pics

ashievic

Please learn from my mistake. The problem with the sequins it is merely tape with sequins glued on it. It is very delicate and the sequins fall off easily. Remember the nightmare I had with Selfridges??? At least this time they are not doing deceptive marketing. Under the tape is the normal packaging. So they literally slap a fancy duct tape over the regular product. I do agree it is quite lovely. But not to be carried in a purse.....

Rinstar

Please learn from my mistake. The problem with the sequins it is merely tape with sequins glued on it. It is very delicate and the sequins fall off easily. Remember the nightmare I had with Selfridges??? At least this time they are not doing deceptive marketing. Under the tape is the normal packaging. So they literally slap a fancy duct tape over the regular product. I do agree it is quite lovely. But not to be carried in a purse.....
Thank you for the warning, I remember your story now. I wouldn't carry it in a purse, but if they are charging a lot extra for the special packaging, I may rethink that.

sarabeautime

Now who is getting this one:

http://www.sephora.com/couture-palette-wild-edition-P388754?skuId=1653831

I believe it is exactly the same to Palette #02 although nothing indicated. Someone also wrote below what I suspected.
I took out my #02 and checked out with the photo, looks exactly the same.

huh2.gif

Medgal07

Now who is getting this one:

http://www.sephora.com/couture-palette-wild-edition-P388754?skuId=1653831

I believe it is exactly the same to Palette #02 although nothing indicated. Someone also wrote below what I suspected.
I took out my #02 and checked out with the photo, looks exactly the same.

huh2.gif
true.gif
The decorative palette is really nice but the e/s looks like what I already have.

ashievic

To me, the manner in which these "special" palettes are marketed is just hogwash. Who cares if the container/compact has sparkles on it? So we are suppose to fork over extra money for fancy duct tape on the regular compact???? Unlike the "leather fetish" palette is not one from the regular line. So I get to stand out as in being different go for a fancy compact to market it. To just re-promote a palette that has been out for awhile to increase sales, really, they think we are that stupid???? Think of MAC Aquatic collection, all new colors, and super cool packaging. To me, this is just lazy and borderline yucky on YSL. Gee, maybe they had poor sales for this palette color so they decided to use duct tape with glitter to reduce their inventory???? Or maybe I am just being cranky....