MAC Enchanted Eve / Magic Of The Night / Irresistibly Charming Holiday Collection (Oct 18, 2015)

NaomiH

baccfee1_image.jpeg
I finally wore OD today & honestly I'm not wowed. I have LG gilded honey & it looks the same on to me.
Gorgeous!

BeautyBorn

I want to wear it everyday too. Its so beautiful on. Do you think Mac will ever make it by itself? But then, there not always the identical shade. I will try it with Nightmoth. Thanks dear
friends.gif
One can never count on MAC these days, they knew what they were doing when they tied GK to a set. I like it so much that I made an exception and backed it up since I do wear pinks and nudes a lot. I figure I would be done with the first one long before any repromote, if that ever does happen. I also love that bullet.

Crazy to see Goodbye Kiss on the evilbay for $29. May as well just get the set from MAC as there is more than $10 value to the rest of the stuff.

Vandekamp

You look gorgeous, I love OD on you! I have Gilded Honey as well so I'm happy to know it's a good dupe.

Thank you, I really appreciate the kind gesture! Did you receive a shipping confirmation from MAC once they shipped your order? Nordstrom called me to let me know that my order was shipping and they charged my card, but I'm unsure if they also send you an email notification once it ships since this is my first time preordering from a store.
Nope. They did not send me a shipping confirmation. The stores don't do that unfortunately.

brumblebee

One can never count on MAC these days, they knew what they were doing when they tied GK to a set. I like it so much that I made an exception and backed it up since I do wear pinks and nudes a lot.  I figure I would be done with the first one long before any repromote, if that ever does happen.  I also love that bullet. Crazy to see Goodbye Kiss on the evilbay for $29. May as well just get the set from MAC as there is more than $10 value to the rest of the stuff.
The lipstick from the Nordies bag is going for $99.

BeautyBorn

The lipstick from the Nordies bag is going for $99.
Saw that after posting about GK and thought how insane. Also seems OD is even more rare than WOG was on release and is already commanding ridiculous prices on the evilbay. Sadly someone buys that stuff so it is never ending.

lilinah

Well, i tried Ascent of Glamour, the purple eye shadow, over Lime Crime Eyeshadow Brightener. It's a thick white primer-y thing. Then i applied AoG and it turned fuchsia again, only this time is was rather pastel.

Then my order of UD Anti-Aging Eye Primer arrived. I wore it with some other colors to make sure i wouldn't have a bad reaction and everything was fine.

Then my NYX order arrived.

So today i experimented:
1st UD Anti-Aging Eye Primer
2nd NYX Pacific Jumbo Eye Pencil
3rd i powdered my eyelids - which should have made my old eye lids look awful, like drought cracked earth, but surprisingly didn't!
4th Ascent of Glamour.

And the result?

SUCCESS! My eyeshadow stayed beautifully sparkly purple and did not turn bright (or pale) fuchsia! That's a little more trouble than i normally want to go to, but it was relatively quick and not really a big pain. So now i have "a method".

I will try it with the Highly Charged Electric Cool eyeshadow and see if it works with that formula, which also turns color, in its case a red that makes me look like i've been crying for hours. I just want the darn eyeshadow to stay purple.

I've never had this problem with any other eye color (from drugstore to Dior), but at least it looks like i have a solution. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Miss Dynamite

Well, i tried Ascent of Glamour, the purple eye shadow, over Lime Crime Eyeshadow Brightener. It's a thick white primer-y thing. Then i applied AoG and it turned fuchsia again, only this time is was rather pastel.

Then my order of UD Anti-Aging Eye Primer arrived. I wore it with some other colors to make sure i wouldn't have a bad reaction and everything was fine.

So today i experimented:
3rd i powdered my eyelids - which should have made my old eye lids look awful, like drought cracked earth, but surprisingly didn't!
4th Ascent of Glamour.

And the result?

SUCCESS! My eyeshadow stayed beautifully sparkly purple and did not turn bright (or pale) fuchsia! That's a little more trouble than i normally want to go to, but it was relatively quick and not really a big pain. So now i have "a method".

I will try it with the Highly Charged Electric Cool eyeshadow and see if it works with that formula, which also turns color, in its case a red that makes me look like i've been crying for hours. I just want the darn eyeshadow to stay purple.

I've never had this problem with any other eye color (from drugstore to Dior), but at least it looks like i have a solution. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!
Glad you figured it out! I wore Ascent of Glamour today with black in the crease and drew little spiderwebs on the corners of my eyes, it looked pretty cute.

MACina

So today i experimented:
4th Ascent of Glamour.

And the result?

YAY....so glad to hear that
pompom.gif

Miss Dynamite

Am I the only one who is furious that every beauty blogger ignored most of this collection? Not a single one of them reviewed anything that they weren't sent by MAC. It's the biggest collection of the year and there's still stuff that I've seen like 1 or no swatches of.

Honi

Am I the only one who is furious that every beauty blogger ignored most of this collection? Not a single one of them reviewed anything that they weren't sent by MAC. It's the biggest collection of the year and there's still stuff that I've seen like 1 or no swatches of.
I'm sorry but I dont understand this reasoning at all. Youre furious because beauty bloggers dont buy stuff, spend time on photographing and swatching/testing products? Since it is SUCH a big collection it would be unreasonable to expect bloggers to spend money to buy all the stuff. Personally I'm thankful for the reviews and swatches we get before time (Samples) and also that there are people that spend the time to swatch and review things they have purchased themselves.

leonah

I'm so happy I got to the counter literally like 4-5 min after they opened and they didn't even had put out everything from the collection yet and I snagged my OD+backup and it was just 2 left after that.. crazy but I'm happy I got what I really wanted and I had horrible stomach ache this morning but just had to get to the counter downtown.

bought some bags as well and the pigments ascent of glamour and no taboos. aah I love the glitter in them
heart2.gif
wanted to swatch night thrill but I don't know if they even had put it out yet on the display because I coudn't find it. maybe later.

and I agree with all of you lovers of the pink lip bag, the lipstick (and lip liner) is so unique to my collection that I'm almost considering a backup of the bag.. to all of you who consider buying it or nah - BUY IT!!

Miss Dynamite

I'm sorry but I dont understand this reasoning at all. Youre furious because beauty bloggers dont buy stuff, spend time on photographing and swatching/testing products? Since it is SUCH a big collection it would be unreasonable to expect bloggers to spend money to buy all the stuff. Personally I'm thankful for the reviews and swatches we get before time (Samples) and also that there are people that spend the time to swatch and review things they have purchased themselves.
Temptalia has always reviewed every item in MAC collections in the past, but this year, she didn't because for whatever reason, she doesn't really want to be bothered with MAC anymore. So there is a lot of stuff I'm still undecided on since there are so few swatches. Everything I can find is mostly just OD and ER. No lip swatches of the lip bag items layered, etc. Same with other beauty bloggers who used to purchase everything, it's pretty annoying since I'd really like to buy stuff before it's sold out.

Latest posts