All Things Sephora

Ingenue

Cool, thank you!

Is it necessary?

Totally individual. I don't use a Clarisonic or Foreo anymore because my skin is much happier with enzymatic exfoliation. I've abandoned all forms of physical scrubbing (even Seven Veils gets RINSED off, not gommage). Might be age with me, but my skin stays exfoliated and bright with a rotation of enzymes, aha/bha, and retinol.

fur4elise

Thank you! I like the may coop. I'll take a look at the belief hydra.

The only thing I have on my sale list are the KVD brushes.
I'm currently trying out her new concealer, I think I like it. Just hate that it's hers. Lol

^^^^I really want to give it a try. I am afraid all these "creamy" concealers are a no go for me. Those little wrinkles, ya know! I've not tried her foundation either. Could not find a match last summer. I am kind of stuck until the end of the summer sun. Either get something now dark or wait until later in fall when my tan has faded significantly.

I'm hope the UD smoky palette goes on sale again.
I'll probably stock up on skincare. Right now I don't have any faves, but I'm going to start looking.

^^^^^Funny thing, skin care. I am not loyal to one brand per se offered at Sephora...I am very hesitant to try all these expensive lines y'all chat about. Sensitivity, oily skin, breakout prone, aging, etc. I would be really unhappy to buy something expensive that just does not cut it. I do love some products in the Deciem Hyalmide line ( SubQ Anit-Age & Eye, HA Booster for winter, Booster C25 and I just ordered the new Pore Control Booster) and buy directly from them. Maybe someday I will splurge on the more expensive NIOD line, but for now I am pretty happy. My go to serums for years have been EL Advanced Night Repair and Skinceuticals C+E Ferulic. I use a prescription Retin A at night. And someone here...maybe Sabrunka recommended CeraVe Eye cream and I love that.

I tried the too faced stretch markers and I liked them while swatching them on my arm. They were very easy to use. Even putting them on my eye it was a breeze. I got the Papaya Peach, because Dilligaf mentioned it, and it was pretty . However, it went on patchy and not very pigmented. Plus it's hard to go over the initial line if you're trying to fill in spaces or make corrections because it was removing the color you just laid down.
I'm not giving up yet though because they glide on. I'm going to check the pigmentation on the black one.

Currently testing the UD All nighter. I can already tell you, they oxidize. They seem lighter than the naked foundation. So much so I can get away with 8 or 8.75 (Summer Tan) in naked but went to 9 in All Nighter. But it oxidized. The mua, did warn me to go lighter. But they didn't have testers out (yes I made them go to the back. I got tired going to the store and them not having the items out) so I'll try again with samples. But I think I like the finish. It looked natural, albeit I was a tad orange. My bronzer helped that. I wonder if it's like studio fix. I haven't used that in years though. It'll be hot this week, so I'm going to test this and MUFE'S water foundation whenever it comes. Verdict is still out though. Same with KVD AND Born this way concealer. The colors I chose were too dark. KVD has a decent mid level range but is lacking in their darker shades.
BTW might not have enough mid level shades . Dark was too orange and the shade lighter appears too light. Typical issue for me so I'm excited to try Nars' new shade extension.

Sorry for typos, on my phone.

I too want to try the UD All Nighter. I will check this Friday to see if it is out yet. I find in the summer months my MAC SFF oxidizes more than in the winter. Heat + Humidity = Oily Fun! So I wonder if the UD will do the same. I will def ask for lighter shade samples. What is is about the KVD brushes that everyone is enamored with? I am curious ;)

Monsy

regarding UD all nihgter what i was told by a friend who works for them - they do come out lighter but in a couple of minutes they set a bit darker.

shontay07108

Oh Girl I thought you KNEW about Juno! I SWEAR by that oil when my skin is acting a fool. There are no essential oils in it so (although it smells like farts) it should not irritate you in any way. I hope you love it. When my skin is angry or irritated, I press it in before bed without any other product, and I'm right as rain in the morning.

lol! I'm just now exploring skincare and I had no clue about Juno. I didn't have any irritation yesterday and I'm good today too. I want to try Flora next.

Ingenue

lol! I'm just now exploring skincare and I had no clue about Juno. I didn't have any irritation yesterday and I'm good today too. I want to try Flora next.

Flora smells DIVINE but didn't work for me. I think it's much better suited to dry skin types like yours. It was heavy and ineffective on me. But it did NOT break me out, so that's a plus. It just kind of sat there on my skin and then eventually slid off. LOL But the smell... OMG. Just heavenly.

shontay07108

Flora smells DIVINE but didn't work for me. I think it's much better suited to dry skin types like yours. It was heavy and ineffective on me. But it did NOT break me out, so that's a plus. It just kind of sat there on my skin and then eventually slid off. LOL But the smell... OMG. Just heavenly.

I played around with it in Sephora yesterday and I was so tempted to get it, but I needed to try Juno first. I wish they weren't so darn expensive, but oh well.

DILLIGAF

Much more gentle. People who find Clarisonic too harsh really like the foreo instead.
Glad to hear that. I wouldn't consider my skin to be sensitive in the least but I found that using the Clairsonic twice a day to be brutal to me.

Monsy

Clarisonic should not be harsh even for the most sensitive skin. I never used it twice a day. once is enough. Sometimes i would even skip a day.
if someone feels it's too harsh they are either using the wrong brush, wrong speed or pressing too much

DILLIGAF

Thank you! I like the may coop. I'll take a look at the belief hydra.

I don't know why I ignored Juno Oil. I'll have to look at the ingredients again.

The only thing I have on my sale list are the KVD brushes.
I'm currently trying out her new concealer, I think I like it. Just hate that it's hers. Lol

I'm hope the UD smoky palette goes on sale again.
I'll probably stock up on skincare. Right now I don't have any faves, but I'm going to start looking.
I'll also get the UD lippies. I don't want to pay full price on them. I had an old Tilt, and bought a new Tilt, forgetting I had that color, and I didn't notice a difference. Even the ingredient list were similar. I'll post it later.
I tried the too faced stretch markers and I liked them while swatching them on my arm. They were very easy to use. Even putting them on my eye it was a breeze. I got the Papaya Peach, because Dilligaf mentioned it, and it was pretty . However, it went on patchy and not very pigmented. Plus it's hard to go over the initial line if you're trying to fill in spaces or make corrections because it was removing the color you just laid down.
I'm not giving up yet though because they glide on. I'm going to check the pigmentation on the black one.
Currently testing the UD All nighter. I can already tell you, they oxidize. They seem lighter than the naked foundation. So much so I can get away with 8 or 8.75 (Summer Tan) in naked but went to 9 in All Nighter. But it oxidized. The mua, did warn me to go lighter. But they didn't have testers out (yes I made them go to the back. I got tired going to the store and them not having the items out) so I'll try again with samples. But I think I like the finish. It looked natural, albeit I was a tad orange. My bronzer helped that. I wonder if it's like studio fix. I haven't used that in years though. It'll be hot this week, so I'm going to test this and MUFE'S water foundation whenever it comes. Verdict is still out though. Same with KVD AND Born this way concealer. The colors I chose were too dark. KVD has a decent mid level range but is lacking in their darker shades.
BTW might not have enough mid level shades . Dark was too orange and the shade lighter appears too light. Typical issue for me so I'm excited to try Nars' new shade extension.

Sorry for typos, on my phone. Ok, ok, I have typos all of the time. LOL
I'm a little disappointed to hear about your experience with the Papaya Punch liner. I would still like to see swatches if you can post them. I recently bought the light lilac from MUFE and I have to say it is amazing!!! On the lid and on the waterline. I really hope they add a color like this one from Too Faced.

elegant-one

I highlighted the ingredients I avoid in each of the lists below....as you can see I didn't exactly have a choice. LOL

I'm using the Miracle one - very sparingly:

AQUA / WATER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRAT, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRISILOXANE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ACRYLATES/STEARYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMEE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, LAUROYL LYSINE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINA, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ADENOSINE, POLYGLYCERYL- POLYRICINOLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA , PHENYLETHYL RESORCINOL , BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE [+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, MICA ]

Ultra:

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, ALCOHOL DENAT., ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS FRUIT WATER / ORANGE FRUIT WATER, MENTHA PIPERITA EXTRACT / PEPPERMINT EXTRACT, RNA, ZEA MAYS KERNEL EXTRACT / CORN KERNEL EXTRACT, ROSA CENTIFOLIA EXTRACT / ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER EXTRACT, SORBITOL, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM EXTRACT / SUGAR CANE EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, TALC, ARGININE, PYRIDOXINE HCl, ALUMINA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, PHENYLALANINE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, MANNITOL, ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE, NYLON-12, TYROSINE, DISODIUM ADENOSINE TRIPHOSPHATE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ACER SACCHARUM EXTRACT / SUGAR MAPLE EXTRACT, CITRUS LIMON FRUIT EXTRACT / LEMON FRUIT EXTRACT, MALTITOL, GENTIANA LUTEA ROOT EXTRACT, PENTYLENE GLYCOL , DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, HISTIDINE HCL, ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, BHT, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, SORBIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, LINALOOL, EUGENOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, [+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE

I love that Lancome lists all ingredients on their web site. All cosmetics & skincare companies should do that!

You're always so informative! Thanks my dear friend! :heart: I'm going to give it a try.

elegant-one

Oh Girl I thought you KNEW about Juno! I SWEAR by that oil when my skin is acting a fool. There are no essential oils in it so (although it smells like farts) it should not irritate you in any way. I hope you love it. When my skin is angry or irritated, I press it in before bed without any other product, and I'm right as rain in the morning.

Ok, I was going to try it until I read that :rofl::marchmellow:

Ingenue

I don't think it smells like that though! lol To me it's like wet wheat (?). Some kind of soil or something. lol

Oh you are being KIND! I've been using it for years and I still giggle a little at the smell. I love how it works though, and it keeps a long time. I only use it when my skin is irritated or inflamed, and it works every time.

shontay07108

Oh you are being KIND! I've been using it for years and I still giggle a little at the smell. I love how it works though, and it keeps a long time. I only use it when my skin is irritated or inflamed, and it works every time.

lmao I swear it doesn't smell that bad to me! I had to go sniffing it after you said it smells like farts. Flora didn't seem that much different to me. lol

Ingenue

lmao I swear it doesn't smell that bad to me! I had to go sniffing it after you said it smells like farts. Flora didn't seem that much different to me. lol

Oh noooooo! LMAO! I declare thy nose... unable to differentiate! I love the smell of Flora so much. And honestly I've totally gotten used to Juno. In its defense, the smell does fade, and it is SO effective in calming my skin. But it does stink.

MaryJane

I wasn't sure where to post this as I don't think there's a Lorac thread, hope no one minds that it's here.

As part of the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, they are offering a Lorac Refined Romance Palette for $18. It includes 6 eyeshadows, 2 highlighters, and a blush. I bought it on a whim and am wearing it today. I am so, so impressed with this. The quality and pigmentation are what you'd expect from Lorac. The colors are perfect for fall. The only downside is the blush is a little powdery but other than that, I have no complaints.

If anyone is interested, I think the sale is over Saturday.

Latest posts