Armani Discussion

laurennnxox

Wearing luminous silk today with armani liquid summer 100
7feb122c_2015-05-0215.11.10.jpeg
Beautiful! I swatched that in store today. How did you apply it?

Monsy

Thank you everyone!

I apply a drop on back of my hand and then I am still trying to figure out what brush to use. It sets extremely fast and it's as light as water. I used mac dual fiber small brush to apply it and then MAC blush brush to blend it. I think I could have done just the blush brush because it blended product really nicely on the back of my hand. I am still experimenting with the brushes to see what is best and easiest to use for application.

Icecaramellatte

At what point during your makeup routine do y'all apply the Fluid Sheer? I never use liquid highlighters, and I assume I should apply it on my cheekbones before applying any setting powder for my concealer, etc. in fear of it moving it around...
Hard to say. I've changed my routine a bit and I'm still working things out. I guess it depends on how you use it. I tried to search for a video I saw a while ago and she applied it pretty much all over but I don't recall the order exactly. I just applied it on my cheeks and didn't use powder. I guess if I did I would put the fluid sheer on after but really it depends on the effect I'm going for. So I suggest watching some videos if you have the time. Oh I'm no help. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Monsy

I think with fluid sheers you can use them all over like number 2 before your foundation, or mixing it with your liquid foundation. before blush to give pop of color, after blush as a highlight. liquid on liquid would work the best but since they are so sheer i think it wouldn't be a problem blending them on top of the powder too

Haviggi

I think with fluid sheers you can use them all over like number 2 before your foundation, or mixing it with your liquid foundation. before blush to give pop of color, after blush as a highlight.  liquid on liquid would work the best but since they are so sheer i think it wouldn't be a problem blending them on top of the powder too 
I usually mix my number 2 fluid sheer with my maestro or luminous silk and it gives a more dewy and glowing finish,especially with maestro because maestro is more matte . I haven't used the other fluid sheers.i am eyeing on number 6 and 8 for combining them with blush or use only them as a soft wash of color on my cheeks :)

laurennnxox

Even though I was just at the mall yesterday I'm so tempted to go back and get one of the liquid summers! Sooo pretty. :love:

Icecaramellatte

Here are some IG pics and video I found of the summer collection:

https://instagram.com/p/0oBl71vC9e/?taken-by=kaypersaudmua

https://instagram.com/p/0oA3rfPC79/?taken-by=kaypersaudmua

https://instagram.com/p/2FdGwss0tP/?taken-by=cosmogirl_hk

I saw a really good bottle pic of all of the new fluid sheers but I can't find it. I'll keep looking.

ashievic

Liquid sheers I was shown to use with the foundation. A half pump of sheer with half pump of foundation, blend on top of your hand and apply. I use #2 for blending with foundation. They may also be used for liquid blush, or a lip stain, with a top coat of whatever you like. It add a boost to the Maestro foundation from flat to good. At least on me. For the new 200.00 foundation, I kill it. Gee, 395.00 for Sublimage or 200.00 for foundation that pretty much does the same. Plus you can skip the moisturizer step and go from serum to foundation. Not sure I would use it in hot weather. Since Dior Nude Air seems to be my summer foundation with Maestro as my second choice. I always use Chanel spf 50 before I put on my foundation. Especially in the warmer weather.

Icecaramellatte

Liquid sheers I was shown to use with the foundation. A half pump of sheer with half pump of foundation, blend on top of your hand and apply. I use #2 for blending with foundation. They may also be used for liquid blush, or a lip stain, with a top coat of whatever you like. It add a boost to the Maestro foundation from flat to good. At least on me. For the new 200.00 foundation, I kill it. Gee, 395.00 for Sublimage or 200.00 for foundation that pretty much does the same. Plus you can skip the moisturizer step and go from serum to foundation. Not sure I would use it in hot weather. Since Dior Nude Air seems to be my summer foundation with Maestro as my second choice. I always use Chanel spf 50 before I put on my foundation. Especially in the warmer weather.
I'm thinking about the creme nuda too. I mostly use the Maestro foundation in the summer so these might play well together. If I do get it I would definitely wait for Bloomingdales to have a triple points day and maybe by then I will have a gift card to use.

ashievic

I am waiting for the "friends and family" sale. It should be soon. Around Mother's Day, it is 15 or 20% off. YSL and Armani have this at the same time. Ah duh, they are owned by the same parent company.

laurennnxox

I am waiting for the "friends and family" sale. It should be soon. Around Mother's Day, it is 15 or 20% off. YSL and Armani have this at the same time. Ah duh, they are owned by the same parent company.
Good to know about this, thanks!! I'll hold off on ordering a liquid summer bronzer until then.

Monsy

Yes I am waiting for that too! Last year it was in june I think for 3 weeks at least

Latest posts