Behind the MAC addict......

Girl about town

What are you really all like?, what kind of things do you like? How would you describe your style? Just interested toknow a bit about you all!! i know we have read profiles etc but thought this would be nice!!

Im Laura im 27 i have a 4 year old son, i am engaged to be married to my sexy fireman lol, I work as a nurse.
I am obsessed with all make up mostly MAC , i have a borderline shopping addiction.
I love music Festivals, Indie music, The mighty boosh and noel fielding, reading, going to the gym, Mini cars (almost as much as mac).I love girly nights out with my friends also.
I would describe my style as Retro girly, i love shift dresses, skirts with boots and hardly ever wear trousers xx

JustDivine

I'm almost 22, (5 days), I am a student but right now I am doing an internship in Brussels, Belgium. Im in Law and European policy issues, but I also have a job as a freelance beauty journalist.

I got into beauty when I got a job in the beauty dept of a major department store.....freebies, product training, discount and surrounded by makeup...that's where it started really! Im fortunate to have landed a writing job with a magazine cos I now get paid for what I love. I love making myself look good, and pampering myself. I like to empower others to look their best too!

My style is glamour and sophistication...well not always! I'm prim and like to be proper, I like to stand out (sometimes) but just go out looking and feeling my best, cos then I feel so confident. I love designer bags, shoes and trying to round out my jewellery and accesory collection. I love anything in pink and really girly cute-sy stuff! I unfortunately have expensive (well I like to say "refined") taste! I love luxurious experiences and indulging and having the best....my best so far was Dubai last summer for my 21st. Now that was just divine!

Luceuk

I'm Lucy, I'm 19 (20 in July) I'm a Psychology student but I really don't like it as a subject, can't wait to finish my degree next year. I wish I'd thought about it I should have taken a beauty course at college. I don't know what to do once I'm finished at uni, but would love to become a makeup artist eventually.

I love makeup (Well obviously!) clothes, I'm really into maxi dresses at the moment. I bought two last week. I wouldn't really know how to describe my style, very girly I suppose. I always seem to pick the most expensive things. I love reading chick lits, I'm currently reading Marian Keyes This Charming man.

Don't know what else to say
winks.gif

eskiepeskie

I'm Sharon, and I'm 27. I'm from Glasgow too
smiles.gif

I work as a computer programmer and my makeup is what gets me up in the morning! (Sometimes I even wake up before my alarm goes off and I get up early because I am excited to do my makeup - how sad is that?!
yahoo.gif
)

My boyfriend lives in Birmingham, so we only get to see each other on weekends. He is addicted to comics the same way I am addicted to MAC so we are quite good at understanding our respective addictions!
winks.gif

I love music, I play the saxophone. I am a real computer games geek - play World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, you name it, I will probably have played it!

My own personal style is pretty casual, I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl, but enjoy getting glammed up!

glam8babe

well my name is Rebecca but everyone calls me Becky or Bex, im 18 (ill be 19 december 31st), ive been with my boyfriend for almost 2 year which is amazing! we met in a nightclub in town and he lives around the corner from me which is handy.
I live in a small town called Hartlepool which is close to Newcastle-ish and i live with my mum.
When i left school i did Travel & Tourism at college but left after 3 month because it wasn't for me... then i was gonna do beauty therapy last september, i went to the intro day but all of the girls on the course were proper chavvy common girls and i don't like gettin involved with people like that so i never went back.
I applied for MAC in about february and passed the phone interview but never heard anything back... then i decided i don't think i'd be good for the job as i haven't had much experience so i'm gonna be doing an office job this september which is pretty good pay but i have to go to college once a week doing admin/business which im looking forward too.
In the future i would love to work for MAC though but i feel i need to have a few years experience first like freelancing etc. I also wanna be a glamour model as some of you know but i'm not sure when i'm gonna start because i wanna have a 'proper' job first.

Apart from makeup i love driving (still havent got my car yet but will in a few month
greengrin.gif
) travelling to different countires, going clubbing (i love dancing but hate alcohol even though i still drink it lol), im obsessed with the girls of the playboy mansion and katie price is my idol.
I collect handbags, shoes, jewelry and playboy things.

my current fave fashion atm is probably summery dresses, platform shoes, marc jacobs & chloe bags, huge necklaces, rings, big hair and designer sunglasses.
I have recently found out who my true friends are and my life has been so much easier.. just feels like ive had a huge weight been pulled off my shoulders and im glad i don't have to deal with backstabbing and crap like that no more.
I watch hollyoaks religiously every weekend with my boyfriend (hollyoaks omnibus) it's just sooo addictive!

The music im into is mostly R&B, dance and stuff like that.. mostly stuff i can dance too and i love comedy movies aswell as some action and most girl/romance movies

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Hey everyone, My names Teri and Iam 18 years old, 19 on December the 8th. Also on December the 8th Iam going to Egypt I cant wait Iam really into the history of Egypt.

Ive recently just ended a 3 year relationship, It is hard sometimes but I have to get on with it so Iam Young Free and Single
greengrin.gif
. Iam at college doing make-up artistry but I was due to go to univeristy next year to do Forensic Science. Yeah I know weird but no matter how much I love science it just wasnt for me and I also work part time in Primark I hate it but it pays for my mac.

My style is mostly Skinny jeans pumps and casual t-shirts. Iam really into ripped jeans at the moment, My fav shops are Topshop and Urban Outfitters. But I loveeee getting glamed up but I just cant wear really high heels
ssad.gif
They kill me
ssad.gif
Iam 5ft 8 so its not really that bad.

Iam still taking driving lessons but I have booked my test and I should be getting my car soon which is a renualt clio.

QueenEmB

My name is Emma. I'm 28 and I'm a Marketing Manager for one of the big banks. I live in Bristol and I've been with my boyfriend for nearly 8 years now.

We are currently doing out flat up but we both hate DIY so it's taking a long time! When it's done it will be heavenly.

I love MAC but have only been big time into it since the beginning of this year. I had quite a lot of MAC stuff before then but it was the Fafi collection that got me hooked on following collections and posting/browsing on here because i love Fafi - I'm hoping to get a big signed Fafi print for my newly decorated bedroom and I got a pair of limited edition Adidas Fafi trainers for my birthday they are pink and amazing!

I'm really into music - minimal techno and house are what I go partying to but I listen to all sorts in the gym on my ipod. I love going all over Europe to clubs, festivals and parties with my friends.

My style is very girly but also slightly tomboy - I've got platinum blonde hair and I love bright pink lipsticks, glitter and liquid liner but I love trainers and leggings. I also adore skyscraper heels!

Carlyx

Heyy my names Carly, Im 18yrs old..19 on the 4th Aug. I live in Birmingham.

I started college in 2005 where I studied 1st Diploma In Travel&Tourism then I decided to stay on another year after that to study Airline Cabin Crew and finished in July last year. So I'd like to become Cabin Crew in the near future
greengrin.gif

I don't work atm but recently left ASDA
tong.gif
few months ago and spend most of my days searching/applying for jobs.

Finished a 2yr relationship last year and still happily single
greengrin.gif

I absolutely love fashion, plays a big part in my life; I love bags..balenciaga, chanel etc. And of course love make-up
smiles.gif
I love going clubbing/shopping on the weekend.

My style is skinny jeans, vest tops, heels, tees etc

Susanne

I am Susanne (as you know), I am 27 years old and I am a teacher for mentally handicapped children.
I left my ex-boyfriend after seven years at the beginning of 2007. I am living on my own now but have a wonderful new relationship!!
winkiss.gif

I love cats, reading books, going shopping and meet my girls.
I watch many TV series (Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, Gilmore Girls, SATC, Crossing Jordan, CSI NY, Criminal Intent...) if I have the time.

I am 5'4'' small. As a teacher I usually wear jeans with tapered shirts and a neutral makeup.
In my freetime I have a classic-elegant or a stylish look with a bright makeup.

angi

My name is Angi (obviously), short for Angela. I'm 24, and I've had a bit of a love affair with MAC (particularly pigments) for about 5 years. I currently live with my boyfriend of four years in Loughborough, although we are in the process of moving.

I graduated with a psychology degree last year, and will be starting work with the NHS graduate scheme in September, which is lucky, as it was the only graduate job that I applied for.

My main interests are MAC, my two pet rats, reading, and watching as much trashy tv as possible! I've had my driving licence for three years, but have only driven about four times as I'm scared of driving (I'm working on it though!).

My style is quite casual, I'm generally a vest top/ cardi and jeans kind of girl, but I like retro glam, and try to throw this sort of twist on as many of my outfits as possible.

I'm quite quiet, and I don't make friends easily, but when I do I make sure that my friends know they can rely on me!

Obreathemykiss

I'm Jessie, I just turned 22 and I am currently in school to become an elementary school teacher. I also work full time for corporate, taking corporate calls and escalations. I was originally going to school for Criminology and Psychology, but changed my mind as I don't want to be in school forever and I'm a little crazy lol. I really wanted to get into sex therapy, but maybe in another life! I think teaching is what I am really meant to do-I adore kids and have always dreamed of becomming a teacher, the money thing always discouraged me though. I live with my boyfriend of 3 years and right now I'm trying to figure out what the best thing for me is. I'm in love, but there are certain disconnects that can be blows to the heart. We have 2 dogs now who are my life outside of everything else...a Mastiff/Lab mix, Bella, and an English Bulldog, Brutus (I call him big boy!). We found him and his owners never called back or responded, so we kept him.

I love my family and my friends more than anything and I have met some of the most amazing people! Even here, on Specktra-you ladies are special to me!

I love snowboarding, dancing, working out, eating (of course right after working out), browsing the internet, talking, reading, painting, and interior design. And of course makeup. I've always worn makeup, but I was never doing it RIGHT...I'm still learning, one day I'll get to be completely flawless with my application. I also love Tokidoki and bright, unusual things.

I am a die-hard ER fanatic and I watch probably more TV than one should, but I enjoy by shows!

As you can tell I like to ramble...

I would describe my style as a combination of sexy tops and heel with skinny jeans to jeans and flip flops. I don't have the greatest boobs but I like to pretend I do!! I wear lots of brights and black. My new found love is anything in jungl-ish colors. I'm trying to reinvent myself and my style this year...I've been getting rid of the little girl shit and getting on the fashion bus! I love heels when I get a chance to wear them-I love dramatic makeup even in the day time, EVEN matching to my clothes!

I'm big on snowboarding-I suck, but hell, it's fun!
I fucking love my 95 Land Rover Disco but it costs me millions at the pump! Yeah yeah...I know..

I like my alcohol very much, especially when I'm with my ladies!

I have tried various types of drugs and I decided a year ago it was time to grow up. It was always recreational for me, but I must say, I did like the ganj! Haha.

I'm a smoker and I hate it, but I've tried to quit 4 times seriously and it was obviously too hard. I'd love to quit, I think it's so nasty!

And lastly, I love art. Art is everywhere and I appreciate it more and more.
I'm a HUGE fan of FAFI as well (My MAC story is similar to QueenEmB). I have the FAFI Adidas suit and LeSportsac bag-LOoooove it! And my MAC of course. I also adore Miss Van, Banksy, and OBEY.

I'm leaving to LA tomorrow for a short stay, then I'll be sailing along the Mexican border baby!

Awesome thread, btw!

vocaltest

Aww this thread is so good!!!

I'm Caroline. I'm 19 (20 on july 1st, 3 weeks!). I live in a village in Kent called Pluckley which apparently is the most haunted village in the UK - I've lived here for 18 years now and I haven't seen anything. Also The Darling Buds Of May was filmed here if any of you know it, which meant I once got to have lunch with Catherine Zeta Jones and David Jason!

I'm at uni in Canterbury studying marketing and I hate it. Not the course... just the uni. I haven't met many friends there, which I'm not that bothered about because I'm there to learn really, and I've got the best friends you could imagine right here. Along with uni I work part time in a hairdressers as a receptionist, been there for two years now, gone so quick!

I have two pet rats called Ralph and Clancy - so adorable! And I have a bernese mountain dog called Macey, she's rad!

I've been with my boyfriend Rob for a year at the end of this month. We only see each other once a week because he lives in Worthing which is near Brighton (180 mile round trip). I don't mind the distance that much, because it means we don't get bored of each other, and we're still as happy as we are together now as we were a year ago! I don't mind him living near Brighton either - freestanding store
winks.gif
. Hes in a band called Dead Swans which are doing so well! Except he leaves me for a few weeks at a time to go touring
ssad.gif
boohoo.

Like Obreathemykiss, i'm a smoker and i hate it. Well... I do enjoy having a ciggy but I don't like the hole it leaves in my pocket. Its probably the biggest mistake of my life. My mum has just given up smoking after 20 years, and she's like a smoking nazi seriously. She came with me a few weeks ago to get fags from the petrol station, and she got out her NHS smoking wheel which says how much money you have saved from stopping. Hahah. Bless her.. I love my mum (and my dad!), shes amazing, the best mum you could ask for. My dad bless him is hilarious. He used to be an ass to me but hes nice now, chilled out a lot. My brother has recently moved back home temporarily after living in Aberdeen for a year, he works for an oil company in the financial department. He won't insure me on his car so I keep mocking him for the fact that he's turning 30 this year, teehee. Oh I keep having a go at him for TAKING MY PARKING SPACE ON THE DRIVE! Ugh! Also my parents lived in Egypt for two years before I was born, and I worked out I was concieved there, haha, bit of shinfo there for you!

Speaking of cars... I love fast ones. Haha. I love racing people on the motorway when I go to see Rob, naughty I know, but I love it! I love driving! I really want one of those track day present things for my birthday!

Erm... Ok I'm a big geek. I love star wars. I think its because I've grown up with it (my brother!), so one of the benefits of my brother moving home for a bit is that at some point I'm gonna watch all six star wars back to front without a break. Maybe even without breathing. This thought makes me excited. And I love computer games.... Call Of Duty, GTA, Guitar Hero, Battlefront, Wii Olympics, so good!

Personality wise... I can be quite loud, I'd say I'm pretty funny (in a non big headed way), I can be understanding, I'm quite sarcastic... hmm, i'm quite boistrous too hah.

Style wise... I dunno really, the past month or so I've been like I HAVE NO CLOTHES I'M SO FAT NOTHING FITS ME, so i've been feeling rubbish on the clothes front. I dunno... I admire Agyness Dean, and I like Urban Outfitters, Primark.. umm.. I dunno. Obviously another thing is I love MAC Cosmetics... been into it about five years now maybe?

Music wise... I like pretty much everything. Mainly 'alternative' if you wanna call it. At the moment I'm into a lot of dance music (GOOD dance music, not club dance music, although I love dancing to club dance music haha) like Justice, MSTRKRFT. Also like Foals, Four Year Strong, Cancer Bats, Wiley at the moment. Some favourite bands are Brand New, Integrity, umm... it goes on.. so does this post, sorry!

nunu

Great thread!!

I'm Nora, 22 years old (turned 22 today! june 12!) I just finished my degree in Psychology and i don't know what i'm doing next, maybe my Masters...My graduation is going to be in Novemeber 2008.

I'm a macaholic! I like meeting new people especially through specktra. I like reading magazines and browsing the net. My faveorite drink is coke i have to have atleast 1 can a day and i am huge tea person as well.

I love to dress in jeans and cute tops, i think my style is trendy.

Faveorite music would be RnB and hiphop and some dance tracks.

Stephie Baby

Lets see... My name is Stephanie and I'm 22. I'm originally from Alabama, but I moved to Chicago in January 2007 for school. My major is Advertising at the Illinois Institute of Art. I'm very artistic. I analyze everything and see how its art or how I can turn it into art. I'm a photographer/freelance MA. I've loved make up forever basically, but I didn't get into MAC until January. I'm addicted to it. Lol. I'm at the pro store probably 3 times a week.
tong.gif

I'm would say my style is very versatile. I'm a really edgy metal chick, but I'm sometimes miss fashionable. Lol. My fav outfit would be heels, cuffed shorts and a fitted band shirt.
tong.gif
The best of both worlds!!! My favorite designer is Marc Jacobs!!!!
bigheart.gif

I listen to all types of music, except country. I hate country. Lol. Mostly rock/metal though.

ritchieramone

I'm surprised by how many psychology students/graduates there are here - Luceuk, JesseVanity, angi, Nunu - and Obreathemykiss considered the subject as an option too! I also have a psychology degree. I don't think it was the right choice for me and I didn't particularly enjoy my 4 years of statistics, so I haven't made use of it in any way.

ilorietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Great thread!!

I'm Nora, 22 years old (turned 22 today! june 12!) I just finished my degree in Psychology and i don't know what i'm doing next, maybe my Masters...My graduation is going to be in Novemeber 2008.

I'm a macaholic! I like meeting new people especially through specktra. I like reading magazines and browsing the net. My faveorite drink is coke i have to have atleast 1 can a day and i am huge tea person as well.

I love to dress in jeans and cute tops, i think my style is trendy.

Faveorite music would be RnB and hiphop and some dance tracks.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
I'm surprised by how many psychology students/graduates there are here - Luceuk, JesseVanity, angi, Nunu - and Obreathemykiss considered the subject as an option too! I also have a psychology degree. I don't think it was the right choice for me and I didn't particularly enjoy my 4 years of statistics, so I haven't made use of it in any way.

I hate it, definitiely the wrong choice for me, but I'm going into my third year in september so it's pointless giving up now. Statistics is awful, I've really struggled to get my head around the work.