Behind the MAC addict......

Ang9000

Hello!!

Im Andrea (Ang for short), Im 23 (24 in November) and I live in London. I have a 3 year old daughter called Elise & Ive been with my boyfriend Andre for 5 & a half years. We met at college while I was doing my media & theatrical makeup diploma.

Im back at college now studying accounting (big change I know!) and hope to be getting a job sometime soon.

I only started buying MAC in january this year after I won a Selfridges voucher at college. Ive been hooked ever since & cant believe I never tried it before! I also love a few other brands, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, YSL etc. but MAC is my number 1!

I dont think I really have a style. Im not very good at knowing whats in fashion and putting outfits together. You'll normally find me in jeans & a vest or something equally boring!

I love my TV shows! Lost, Prison Break, Friends, Sex & the City, all the soaps, most reality shows
lol.gif

I love watching football (especially Arsenal) and I also like tennis, can't wait for Wimbledon to start! I like reading, Sophie Kinsella is my favourite author. I also really like Katie Price's books. I like music, mainly R n B, hip hop & garage.

Thats about it really, Im not very interesting!!

shorty

This is a cute thread
smiles.gif

Im 25, I work full time at MAC and love it, I love love love dong peoples make up soooo much and im practising for my fashion cert at the minute!

Im getting married next year and having loads of fun planning it, nothing traditional, a barbecue!

Im obsessed with Ibiza!!! We Love Sundays at Space, Bora Bora and DC10 especially... I HATE going clubbing in England, really really hate it, its just not the same so I spend a lot of nights drinking wine in friends houses instead!

Stylewise I love anything a bit different, the type of stuff u get on a sale rail for £3 then people ask you for years to come where you got it from, hardly ever wear trousers, spend too much time in primark and zara...

Look identical to Kym Marsh, gets mentioned to me at least 5 times a week, i told her when she was shopping at my counter but didnt get chance to take a photo!!

KawaiiPrincess

Hey everyone, my name is Leanne and I'm 20 years old. I'm a uni student and I live in London (have been born and raised here all my life).

I've been into MAC since December 06. I found out about the brand on a beauty website and since then I've been totally hooked.

I enjoy going shopping, cinema, hanging out with friends, travelling, going to the park and dancing. My style is quite girly and trendy. I love high heels, jeans, ugg boots, skirts, dresses etc.

I have a huge interest in Japanese culture (says it all in my username lol). I adore the fashion. The styles over there are so creative and funky. Especially in places such as Harajuku and Shibuya. Those are the top fashion districts in Tokyo. I also love anime and manga. Anime is Japanese cartoons and Manga is Japanese comic books. I prefer watching the subtitled versions of Anime because sometimes the English dubbing is terrible. The voices can be highly annoying haha! I'm a massive fan of Hello Kitty and have started to build up a reasonable sized collection of the adorable character. I hope to visit Japan one day ^_^

Music wise, I like Pop and R'n'B. I have a music blog so feel free to check it out.

That's about it
smiles.gif

DirtyPlum

Heeey!

I'm 25 and I work at MAC on saturdays and have a full time job in IT/Project Management during the week.

I have been with MAC since January and love it, after having been a fan since 2001 and a true LE addict since last year.

Behind the MAC, I love all things girly and shopping, shoes, pink stuff and accessories. I keep my style fairly classic but cute-en it all up with MU and accessories
smiles.gif

I'm a real family girl and love spending time with my sisters and their kids...

erm, tv shows - anything with Gordon Ramsay, Desperate Housewives, A/BNTM and music wise, rnb, soul, dance, cheesy pop lol...

Future wise... well I deffo see MU and freelancing in the equation and hope to continue working for MAC for a while cos I love belonging to the family and I would love to be a MUA for a celebrity one day!

MeliBoss

Not in the UK either but thought I'd chime in...
I'm Melisa, I just turned 26 a few weeks ago. I've been dealing with a serious mid twenties crisis since my 25th Birthday. It's not about getting older really its mostly about everything that I want out of life that I have not yet accomplished...
I'm Divorced, have been for 2 years now. Very Happy to be single. I work a lot....too much some say. But it keeps me busy, with money in my pocket, to feed my shopping addiction. Clothes, shoes and make up.... those are my vises for now.
I have not finished school yet and have no idea when I will. I currently work in the Land of IT doing first level technical support for a large aviation/communications company in Maryland. I like my job tons...funny thing is I'm trained in the Medical field when I started this job over two years ago I was so worried I would fail...But I've done very well and I think I might stay in this field. But who knows...I get bored very easily. Oh and I think Maryland is one of the most over priced states I've lived in….and if it weren't for the wonderful salary I'm making here I would move somewhere much cheaper
I'm very eager to become a mother one day....but I'm not too interested in ever getting married again. I have a very very small group of friends that are like family to me and I would turn down a lavish night on the town to hang out in my best friends back yard drinking wine
greengrin.gif

As for TV shows...when I have time I love Army wives on Lifetime (I used to be one myself) Weeds and Big love are also at the top of my list. Along with MTV's real world.
I guess that’s a little bit about me ….in a nutshell.

LMD84

well thought this would be good for me as i haven't posted much...yet!

i'm 23 and i'm the store manager for a well known brand of electrical quipment such as tv's, mp3 players and such. i'm very proud of my job as i'm not only the youngest manager in the company but i'm also the only female manager too. it's tough sometimes working with just men and only having men on the other end of the phone but i've learnt to take things in my stride.

i got married to my childhood sweetheart last october and we went to floirda on our honeymoon which was amazing! he works as a graphic designer for an alternative clothing companies website.

my style is quite girly but i also dress a bit alternative. i have long blonde hair that i love outting extentions in hot pink clip in ones are my fave as well as black and purple!)

when growing up i always wanted to be a wwf/wwe wrestling 'diva' although i'm not blessed with the amazing body that those ladies have!!

i love dancing, singing, all things disney and my kitties dylan and annie. dylan is a serengetti (spelling?!) whihc means he is beige/browny with dark brown spots and blue eyes and big ears. and annie is a black and white moggie. both are my babies!

trollydolly

im laura, 19 (20 in november) and i live in colchester in essex with my boyfriend. we live in a 1 bedroom flat at the moment and will hopefully be moving to a house next year.

im working in a travel agents at the moment and its ok, not what i want to do with my life but it'll do until i figure it out. id like to decide which career i want to do by the time im 21 but i really have no clue. i used to work as an air hostess but the hours were really tiring and is a bit easier if you havent got any ties and are single. my dream job would be a model or makeup artist, but i cant see it happening any time soon!

i love reading, watching my fave tv shows (sex and the city, lost, desperate housewives, hollyoaks, americas next top model, friends to name a few) and going shopping. i also like going to the cinema and going out for drinks with my friends.

ive been into mac since last september and havent looked back since hehe. i dont know how i coped without it before! this time last year all i owned was a clinique powder, 17 boots blusher, max factor mascara and some cheap eye liner, then a mac counter opened in my town.

ive had a pretty boring life so far. i was in foster care until i was 16 when i went to live with my grandad and then i moved in with my boyfriend when i was 18. i finished school with 12 gcses and went to college and got 4 a levels, university didnt really appeal to me.

i can speak spanish and a little italian and would love to learn some more languages one day. i also love travelling and wish i had more opportunities to do so.

i like to wear the latest fashions and my fave clothes shops are river island, oasis and warehouse.

user79

I like this topic.
smiles.gif

Well, my name is Julia and I am 28 right now. I am Canadian and Swiss (dual citizenship), was born in Germany but mainly grew up in Canada, then I moved to Switzerland some time ago to be together with my bf. We will be together for 10 years next year! We met when I was working in Switzerland for the first time in 1999.

I studied at McGill university in Montreal Canada, majoring in Political Science and International Development studies, and I graduated with a BA last year. So after that was done, my bf and I moved back together to Switzerland and we have kind of settled down here for now. We both work full time and live together in a nice apartment.

I have traveled quite a lot, all over Europe, and for 10 months alone through Asia overland. Saved up for a long time, then just hit the road! I def think that was one of the best choices I ever made in my life and I wish I could go again. But, it gets harder when you have more responsibilities as you grow older. My bf and I are thinking of doing a month long road trip through the States next year, so hopefully that will work out.

I really love cooking, photography and reading when I'm not on here or faffing about with makeup.
th_LMAO.gif
My worst habit is staying up late for no reason and being tired the next day at work. I am more of a night owl, def not a morning person. I spend a lot of time on weekends sleeping and recovering, lol.

About my fashion style, I don't care so much about clothes. I like to dress nice, but I don't spend tons of money on brand names, I think it's a huge waste of money that I'd rather spend on trips, going out, or decorating my home. I honestly can't imagine spending like $500 on a pair of sunglasses or a purse just because I it says Chanel on it. The most expensive things I buy fashion wise are high quality Italian leather shoes. I don't even like shopping that much, I get annoyed at all the people in the stores and the annoying music.

I'd like to have kids someday, maybe in a few years, but before that I want to do all the egotistical things I could never afford to do while still a student.
th_DANCE.gif

toby_is_cute

Hiiiii!!! My name is Nina and I am 28. I am married (5yrs) and have a 2 year old daughter. I live in Las Vegas, but I lead a rather normal boring life. I love being a mom, but I do have a full time job at an advertising agency. I am a total dog lover. I have a Papillon named Toby, he is very spoiled. I am also a total TV freak. I love watching TV ever since I was little. I just got DVR in Feb and it is the best! It has enabled me to watch 90210 reruns at night LOL. I am a newly created MAC addict, just got into it Jan. 08. I grew up in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I would say my style is casual, but I do like to dress up. I try to always do my hair and makeup each day so I don't look like a funky mess. I wear heels, but they have to be comfortable to make it through the workday. I like trendy stuff, but I try to buy more classic things so they don't look "so last season". My style icon is Charlotte from Sex and the City (another of my fav shows)

pat

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Patricia, but I like to be called Patty. I'm 20 years old and my birthday is on April 11. I'm located in Pacifica, CA, but I lived in Daly City for 18 years. I'm the oldest of three children, my sister and I are 10 years apart (she's 10) and my brother is 11 years apart (he's 9). I've always been a "big girl", but I'm trying to shed the pounds off, I'm becoming more comfortable with myself. I don't really have a staple style, I just wear whatever is comfortable or what I feel in the mood for. My other obsession are handbags. ;D Lastly, I love to pamper myself, I enjoy manicures/pedicures and getting me herr did.

I have NEVER been to a club, nor do I smoke or drink. I used to smoke and drink back in middle school (hard core lol), but once high school started, I stopped. I can't wait until I turn 21, so I can party it up in Vegas and get "shit face drunk". hahahha

I'm majoring in dental hygiene, but I really have a passion for cosmetology. I work at a dental office for the summer, but I really wish I could work for MAC. haha..

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 years straight, but I have no plans on getting married soon. I have two Yorkies (Rocky and Simon)..

I am a self proclaimed MAC addict, and I'm not getting cured any time soon. LOL... My first MAC haul was the Fafi collection, and there is no stopping me now! I've been using MAC since 7th grade and my first product I bought from them was Honesty and Trax e/s (I hate that color).

*Stargazer*

I'm Ruth. I'm 29 and married for 7 years to my college sweetheart. We have three kids, two girls (5 and 3 1/2) and a little boy who is almost eleven months. They are the coolest people in the world and I am super lucky to stay home with them. I've worked for a major financial firm and for a large law office and both were exciting but nowhere near as entertaining as hanging with my kids.

DH is an officer in the Marine Corps. We've been all over the US in the past 7 years from Annapolis, MD to Southern California and back to the East Coast. We're stationed here in Quantico, VA now (again!) and it is hot and humid and I had forgotten how buggy it is here!

I went to the University of Texas at Austin for two years before I moved east to work. I went back to school after a couple of years and graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park with a degree in History (specialization in Western Europe pre-WW1) and a minor in English. I'm looking for a school right now so that I can start working on a Masters degree in Art History. I have no desire to do anything with that degree, but I really enjoy going to school. I'm kind of a giant nerd. I love Egyptology and ornithology. I can frequently be found with my field guide and binos in hand. I am also a giant word nerd who loves to study etymology. My main hobby is cross stitching. You can see some of my projects in my signature. I am also batshit crazy about American football and hockey.

I'm English and American. I was born in England and after we moved to the US when I was 6, we spent at least 5 months a year back in the UK. I love England and get home to visit as often as I can, but I also really love being an American and was thrilled to pieces to be able to call myself a citizen of both places when I got my American citizenship. My kids have British citizenship as well and I'm trying to pass on my love of Britain to them. I'm half brown and half white, so I've had a lot of interesting experiences growing up biracial in the US.

Style wise, I pretty much live at Gap and Banana Republic. I have a massive MAC collection that I've been amassing since the late 90s. I'm also really, really, really obsessed with shopping for kids' clothes. Mainly at Gymboree and babyGap. I also love to buy shoes (that I never wear) with impossibly sexy stilleto heels.

I am also very, very long-winded
winks.gif

prinzessin784

What a fun idea for a post!
smiles.gif

I am Katie - I am 23 years old and I live in CT. I am finishing up my Master's degree in Public Communications from American University in Washington, D.C. and I am trying to get a job in public relations/communications but nobody wants to hire me yet
ssad.gif
haha.

I love animals, I have a pet cat named Lily, and I other than makeup my hobbies are scrapbooking and stamping, and doing outdoorsy things like boating, hiking, and camping.

I have two nieces that I love to death - they are 5 and 3 and the most hilarious little goobers ever haha. I am really close to my family and they are really important to me.

I am also engaged and getting married in October!

coachkitten

Hi Everyone!

My name is Katie and I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio but I moved to Seattle when I was three and have lived here ever since. I am 27 years old and will be 28 in September. (God I am getting old!)

I am a 2003 graduate of Washington State University in Pullman, WA and I graduated with a Business Management degree but I currently work for a large automobile company doing Marketing.

I am a lover of music and seeing live shows all over Seattle and anywhere that I travel. I love ANY type of music but am a really big fan of a lot of local Northwest bands like Death Cab for Cutie, The Shins, etc.

I also am an avid reader and I love going to the library. I am a huge animal lover especially love cats and dogs. I have a cat of my own named Coach which is where my screen name came from. He has a wonderful personality and I love him like a child!
smiles.gif

I love traveling especially out of the US. I also love hanging out with my friends doing whatever like going to bars, shopping, seeing movies, etc. I also really love being with my family as I think I have the best family in the world!
smiles.gif

I am a huge fan of makeup (of course) and anything beauty realated. I can't get my hands on enough books about the history of cosmetics and beauty brands. I am facinated by how cosmetics are manufactured as well.

Well that is all I can think of for now!
smiles.gif

choozen1ne

Hello everyone I am Choozen1ne , I'm 27 college student ,
I am a avid shopper , I love to shop for anything no matter what it is .
I have over 200 bottles of OPI nail polish
winkiss.gif

I have a closet packed with V neck sweater and striped and button down long sleeve blouses - a lot fro J Crew and Banana REpublic
I love really bright eyeshadow althogh I work at a bank (
ssad.gif
) so I have to tone it down for work
I love Yankees baseball - I could talk baseball for hours
I love to read , I have subscriptions to 10 magazines and I read a book in the matter of a couple of days
I love fashion I love trends I just don't dress in them too insecure to wear all the cute stuff in my closet
ssad.gif

I love to cook , i find it relazing
I could live on Starbucks
I have no idea what to do with my future , I know I want to be a lawyer but I was not accepted to my dream school , the one I wanted to go to since I was 5 , I think I have lost faith in myself

NicksWifey

Hey everyone, I'm Brittney and I'm 21 and live in VA. My fiance and I live together and we both work 4 jobs between the two of us, haha.
I'm currently working towards my associates degree in Business Management and I will be finishing that up this fall. For the most part, I'm very serious and can be uptight, but I like to laugh and make others laugh too
yahoo.gif

I'm a pretty quiet, stay-at-home person. I do LOVE cars, mainly Honda and Acura. I love animals, especially cats. My cats live at home with my mom and dad and I miss them terribly! I love the NFL and my favorite team is the New York Giants. I have been lucky to go to a couple of games and I loved them long before they won the Super Bowl this year! I love cooking and baking and I love mixed drinks.

Other than all that, I'm a pretty boring person
th_LMAO.gif

Le-Saboteur

This is such a cool thread
smiles.gif

I'm Kendra, one of the few Kiwi girls on this site. I'm originally from a place called Whakatane in the North Island- beachy, laid back, quite rural. All my family is from the area. Now I live in Christchurch, down the other end of the country, lots of weird religious people that corner you on the street, lots of skinheads, and a wizard. Growing up a beach baby I find it dreadfully cold here and am more or less perpetually frozen from May to August. It is a very beautiful city, however, and I've met some really awesome people down here, so I'm not going to give it up just yet.

Both sides of my family are originally from Rotorua, which isn't too far from Whakatane, but quite a bit bigger, and stinkier (lots of sulfur- geothermal hotspot). My father's side is predominantly of English and Irish heritage and my mothers' Maori (Te Arawa), but I have various other ethnicities mixed up in there as well. I'm mistaken for Middle Eastern a lot, which is odd, it's the big brown eyes that confuse some people, I think.

I originally came down here to be with my lovely boyfriend Kelly (who I met on the internets, oh no!), and to study Anthropology at the University of Canterbury, or maybe Otago University, which is four hours away but a lot better. Instead, I decided to take some time out and just work for a while. I found MAC and, subsequently make up, about June 2006 when I moved down and saw all the amazing colours in the counter down here. It took me a while to find a job so I got some pigment samples off TradeMe and have been in love ever since.

I now study Makeup Design and Production at the Design and Arts College here in Christchurch. It's lots of fun and I'm loving it, especially prosthetics and special effects (which I have always loved, even before discovering make up when I was seventeen!). I eventually want to work in the film industry- this country is one of the top shooting locations for fantasy films which is so up my alley- in NZs capital, Wellington.

I'm still just a big kid, and a huge nerd. I like to play video games (RPGs mostly- anything D&D or Final Fantasy), read comics (Astonishing X-Men, Walking Dead, Invincible and various other Marvel and DC superhero lines) and I'm a complete fantasy lit. nut. Reading takes up most of my spare time- my favourite author is George R R Martin, creator of the (still to be completed) A Song of Ice and Fire series which I am re-reading for the fourth or fifth time in the two and a half years I've known about it. I also love Tad Williams various' series.

What else... I recently turned twenty (last month) and am trying to be more sociable as I'm generally quite introverted. Slowly making friends with various people in Christchurch and catching up with those I left behind in Whakatane. My favourite food is garlic bread- it seems weird but that stuff is SO GOOD I could just eat it all day- and I loooove gingerbread ice cream, even though I hate gingerbread! My favourite movie would have to be Serenity, even though it didn't live up to the series (Firefly), just because the show is my all-time fave. I also really enjoyed Batman Begins- can't wait for the Dark Knight- Sin City and V for Vendetta (all for obvious reasons... I'm such a geek). I also like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Snatch, Lock Stock and other snazzy crime movies.

In terms of music, I like mostly power and associated metal bands (Iron Maiden, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, Nightwish- not quite power but my favourite band ever), and other random bands such as Muse, the Mars Volta and Dresden Dolls. My musical tastes are all over the place really, when I'm at a club I like a bit of everything; but too much techno and house turns me off after a while.

My personal style is all over the place- everything from 40s and 50s inspired stuff to skinny jeans and a Transformers t-shirt. I wear anything, but I find that pencil skirts and halter-neck shirts or stuff with a sweetheart neckline are most flattering on me. I'm quite curvy (not just chubby, though I am that too :p) and don't try to hide it. I'm another person that likes to match make up to clothes, but it happens accidentally most of the time.

Phew... Can't really think of anything else, hope that didn't bore you girls to tears
smiles.gif

Edit: HOLY CRAP this thing is a novel. Welcome to my life, hahaha.

TDoll

My name is Tiffany and I'll be 24 next month. I live in Georgia, just north of Atlanta and I've lived here all my life. It's a wonderful place to live...lots of things to do. I graduated college this past December. I have a degree in Elementary and Early Childhood education. I'm a teacher at heart...
I'm on summer vacation right now which is awesome! I also recently got married to the love of my life. He's a consultant for several major food suppliers. Exciting huh? We're having so much fun together. Married life has been wonderful so far. No kids in our near future. We're thinking 5 years maybe. We want to have some time together "just us" for a while. No rush. We have a Yorkie, so that counts for now
winks.gif
I love MAC...obviously. I've been offered a job there a few times at different stores/counters, which is tempting...but, hello, teacher. I don't think it would be nearly as exciting if I worked there. Gotta keep work and play separate, right? ...haha. I also love interior design and fashion. I'm also into cars. I heart my Honda. Love Corvettes too...we have one of those also. In a few months we're buying a motorcycle which I'm excited about. A Yamaha something or another. I want to learn to ride...I've never driven one before, so I'm excited.
I'm loving reading about you all! This is an awesome thread...

KellyBean

My name is Kelly, though I'm often called Kellybean by my friends. I'm 15, and I think that might make me the youngest specktra girl.
choochoo.gif
I live on the east coast of the States. I've lived here since I was probably one. Before that, I lived in Texas.

I have a brother who is going to college next year. He's going about 8 hours away, which is kind of sad and I'll miss him a lot.

I like going to the beach, sunsets over water, shopping, long weekends, summer, frozen drinks, sunglasses, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, funny movies, makeup, nailpolish, wii, the Gym Class Heros, and William Sledd. Also, I really love football. I love watching it, though I can't watch it with my friends because they don't understand the game.

My favorite TV shows include Saturday Night Live, Oprah, What Not to Wear, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Full House, Whose Line, and Dancing with the Stars. And, of course, the best, Seinfeld. I could talk about Seinfeld forever, hah.

My style is definitely girly, especially in the summer. I love dresses, and I wear them mostly every day. This year, I want to be able to wear 2" heels at school because I'm short. However, in the winter, I wear a tee shirt, jeans, Uggs and a north face every day. Haha, I am so lazy. I love Nordstroms and H&M, which is where I shop most of the time.

Tinkee-Belle

Hey Im Tasha. Im 21 years old and I live on a farm in British Columbia. I love living in the country but I am very close to a big city and MAC which I also love. I moved away from home to go to college for all 1 one semester. It didnt work out too well.. too much partying not enough going to class
ssad.gif
Maybe I will try again in a few years when I am more mature, but right now it is not for me. I live with my parents, brother, and about 15 pets. I have the basement suite to myself which I love. I LOVE living at home!

Im a server in a club. Ive been doing this since I tured 19. I LOVE it! So much fun, but it does get too be a little too much sometimes. But its awesome money and i dont have to get up early which is sweet. But on my days off instead of going out with my friends usually im on the couch recovering from working! I learned recently that you dont need to get drunk every night at work! My dream job is to be a cocktail waitress in vegas.. but i dont think I can because im Canadian.

My lifetime hobby/sport is Horseback riding. Now I just do it for fun, but as a kid I competed pretty heavily. I travelled all over the US and Canada and won several World Championships and high points for my Breed Association. But at the age of 18 I sold my show horses and my parents wont pay for my showing anymore, so now I just have horses as pets. These were the best years of my life and I will never forget them. I also learned TONS about human nature during these years... best friends of mine have stabbed me in the back in the name of competition. One left me stranded in COLORADO with my horse ... hitchhiking back to Washington wasnt an easy task when you have a horse in tow.. but I managed! Another one stole my bridle and hid it right before my last class of a huge show and I had to forfeit. So I have had some crazy experiences but it has just made me a stronger person!

I am single... I just got out of a 2 year on-off relationship. I am not about to settle down anytime soon. I am a commitment-phobe but that suits me just fine! Marriage makes me wanna gag, and medical problems prevent me from having children easily.

My style would be described as VERY girlie. My favorite brands are Juicy Couture and Betsey Johnson. I have a huge huge shopping addiction and besides makeup I also collect shoes. I consider myself very well dressed and other people seem to think so to. I am always ahead of fashion in my little hick town which is cool. Sometimes I think people consider me a little "over the top" but thats ok because its my personal style and im not about to tone it down! Maybe when im 50
smiles.gif

In my spare time I love shopping, playing with my pets, boating, watching tv and movies, going to concerts (COUNTRY music is the way to go! ) clubbing, and going out for dinner!