Behind the MAC addict......

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieramone
I'm Aislinn and I'll be 35 next week.
blinks.gif
I met my husband Ritchie when I was 17 and we've been together ever since, marrying in 2002. I qualified as a librarian a few years ago and work in a university library. I think I'm in the wrong line of work but don't seem to know what the right one is.

Aislinn, during school I wanted to be a librarian as well. I already had had a place to study it, but then I decided to become a teacher for mentally handicapped children.
Sometimes I think it would have been the easier way to work as a librarian, but you never know this.
My employment contract will end at the end of the year and I hope I will get a new one at the beginning of 2008. We will see what my way will be...

Lissa

I'm Melissa, I live in a small village outside Oxford and I love it, I am not a town person, but me and my boyfriend of 2 years are doing up a house in a small town nearby and hope to be in by christmas fingers crossed. All of our money is going in to it, which can be soo depressing at times as I really love to shop! I tell myself it will be worth it in the end when it is transformed from its current state of complete dump into a nice place to live!

I've had soo many jobs in the past, I just can't settle. I have a degree in archaeology and ancient history, and a masters in Greek and Roman history. Over the years I've worked in a factory, a lab, several offices and even started training with the police as a fingerprints expert - it wasn't for me. I now work as a secretary in a nice office - it (only just) pays the bills - but I am thinking of studying part time to get a phd and maybe eventually become a lecturer, I think that is where I would like to be.

Also my dream is to write a book! I come up with stories all the time in my head but never write them down.

I'm 29, I can't believe it. I'm obsessed with sunscreen lol so am very pale, I constantly check to see if my fine lines are getting any worse. Am yet to find the perfect fake tan.

We haven't had a holiday in over 2 years because of the house, but hopefully will be going away for my 30th (yikes) in January, I would love to either go on a cruise down the Nile or maybe to Florida if we're lucky.

I love Mac obviously, I don't wear a lot of makeup at work as I am too lazy to get up early enough to do it and usually end up putting on mascara whilst sitting in traffic on the way to work. But when I go out I make a massive effort! It is one of my favourite things to do to spend at least an hour on my makeup before a big night out! I have always wanted to post a FOTD but am pretty nervous about it - I'm going to do it one of these days though

SARAHheartsMAC

Hi guys!

I'm Sarah I am 21 years old soon to be 22. I am from good old Barnsley
smiles.gif
(near Sheffield) I have a degree in English and have JUST finished my PGCE.

I recently had an interview for a teaching job and I got it
smiles.gif
So I am a English teacher in a secondary school as from September! I'm so excited and also nervous.
I also have worked part time as Coast for a while now and will be over the summer. I love it cos I get a really good discount!

Me and my partner have been together for nearly 3 years and we are engaged. We don't live together but are hoping to rent a place in the very near future.

I have been into Mac since the antiquitease collection came out. I absolutely adore Mac. However, I have noticed that I have SO much makeup that I never use and I don't like how much money I am spending on makeup lately. So I don't think I am going to be buying much Mac for a while unless I really love something
ssad.gif

xx

nunu

Yes there are a lot of us psychology students here!! I love psychology and i'm thinking of becoming either a counsellor or do something in the clinical psychology field! And yes i HATE statistics!! It was soo hard and i had to include it in my dissertation grrr

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Nadeshda

I'm Nádia, I'm 21 and I'm Portuguese
smiles.gif
I'm studying Psychology as well, I'm in the 4th year of my degree (it's a 5 year degree), and I'm specializing in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. I have been with my bf for over 5 years and he's studying to become an Electrotechnical Engeneer.

I love animals, I have a 9-year old fat, black cat who is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, and two female chinchillas who are really short-tempered (actually, the chinchillas are my bf's and mine, and they stay at his house because mine's way too hot for them and he has an AC).

I also love cooking and baking, more than I enjoy eating what I made. There's something about mixing all the ingredients and turning them into something else that gets me going.

As far as music goes, I'm really odd, because I could care less about it lol My addiction is TV shows... my bf and I watch a lot of TV shows, were addicted to CSI Las Vegas and New York, My Name is Earl, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, Dexter, Weeds, Nip/Tuck, House MD, and then there are a few others I watch by myself LOL

As far as makeup goes, it's a recent love :p Unfortunately, I can't get MAC in my city and driving up to Lisbon to get makeup is out of the question because I'm too broke for that lol So, I have to vicarious live the Limited Editions through everyone here on Specktra :p

Kiran1

Hi everyone.
I do not usually post much but always have a browse on spektra, I tend to post more on another website.

Anyway, My name is Kiran from Birmingham, I am indian and I am turning 22 on the 23rd June. As well as being a MACaholic I love fashion. I am a bit of a shopaholic and have an obsession with shoes and mulberry handbags.

Futhermore, I am a student and will be starting my penultimate year at uni in October. I am studying law and hopefully will move to London next year to start my training to become a lawyer.

As for music, I like dance, funkyhouse, garage, R&B, soul and hiphop, I love to go out partying but obviously have not got the time when I am at uni.

stacey4415

I'm 19 and a student at Cambridge.
I love makeup, but in no way obsessed with it.
I enjoy buying it and trying out bright makeup, but never wear bright make up out.
I love reading
I read a lot
I really enjoy travelling, particularly Berlin, Moscow and Paris.
I plan to be a barrister, hopefully, my mother's a qc, but i don't think i will have the determination to study for long enough!
I write to death row prisoners in America
Umm that's it!

angi

Wow, there really are a lot of psychology students/ graduates about!

I have to say though, that I enjoyed my degree, I found it really interesting, although I also hated stats and after typing in data sets for my dissertation, the memory of SPSS fills me with dread! I also wish that someone knowledgable had sat me down before I started it and told me that the road to clinical work is really, really long, and takes a lot of determination, and jumping through hoops.

Happy birthday nunu!

florabundance

- I am 18
- I am a Turk, born and raised in London.
- I love my boyfriend.
- I also love to watch old Turkish films - for the stupid and highly emotional storylines, but mainly for the BEAUTIFUL makeup worn by the actresses.
- I'm currently taking A-Levels in English Lit, History and Spanish.
- Secretly I wish I was Spanish because I think Latina women (and men) are super sexy - so when anybody assumes I am, I feel well happy with myself lol.
- I don't really know what I want to do with my life, apart from that I want a husband and babies. I'm sure i'll figure it out.
- I love to wear platform heels with everything..I can't remember a time in my shoe life before they existed.
- My earrings have to be huge and gold otherwise it just wouldn't be right.
- I like my clothes to be classic, form fitting and glamorous.
- Kim Kardashian is my style icon. I thought her sex tape was slightly less iconic.
- When I travel, it's to places of both visual beauty and historical value. So beach-y and monument-y (can u tell i'm an English student).
- In terms of music, i'm an RnB and soul freak - old stuff, new stuff - and I got that from my mum. But i don't really discriminate. I like good distinct voices. Ones that sound dirty in particular lol. Like, K-Ci from Jodeci, Amy Winehouse, Erykah Badu, Cee Lo.
- I love reggaeton lol.
- I also love generic rap music about women, money and cars, cos it's the best to dance to...and i know that's shallow.
- I also like the more arty, abstract rap though.
- I love ancient egypt and egyptians.
- I love hearing what people have to say about EVERYTHING.
- I like baking things and feeding people.

Girl about town

aw i love hearing about peoples lives and what kind of things they get up to, so many intelligent women!!.

Funnily enough i did psychology in my nursing course and always really loved it and considered doing my degree!!

Vocal test thats spooky you like Star wars too i am obsessed by it and have a jedi symbol on my back haha, can't be many star wars/MAC fans around!!! xxxx

catz1ct

I'm Vicky, 24 from Bristol. I'm currently working as an Admin Assistant dealing with stocks and shares. I've been working at the same place since I left college which was about 5 years ago. I'm currently trying to save to buy a house next year with my bf (not good for my mac addiction! haha) and I will be moving to Swindon. Hopefully I will be able to get a new job doing something I enjoy more as I've never really known what I've wanted to do.

I like visiting and exploring new places, photography, shopping, cooking, music. I've also been into the performance car scene for quite a while now, we usually go to trackdays or car shows a fair few weekends in the summer although I'm feeling kinda bored of it this year.

Jot

Hi Gals,

i'm Jo, 29 from Newcastle. I work for an IT company as a business analyst/designer where there are hardly any women so i contanstantly have to talk to the blokes about make up (i've managed to educate a few!!)

I'm married but currently having a bit of a crisis as i'm not sure that its right for me so living back with my dad (rather strange!)

Been obsessed with Mac for a couple of years now and can't imagine my life before it.

I hope my style is quite funky. I wear lots of different stuff and lovely slightly offensive patterns. Feel like i'm really finding and expressing myself as me at the moment as i'm really being me and wearing things just for me! Currently really into fun jewellery.

I was really into loads of TV but recently gone kinda cold turkey and not watched any. I love reading, holidays and have just taken up knitting which i am loving. Also really getting into running and did my first race on monday.

Feel like i'm in a real personal growth period which is changing me, hopefully for the better
xxx

COBI

I am not in Europe, but hope it's okay to chime in.
smiles.gif

My name is Laura; I am 32 years<<<oops, I turn 33 today. I am currently single.

A week or so ago, I actually added "Cobi Beyond the Makeup" to my signature so people would know more about me and my background when they read my posts.

I am VP and controller for a Bank in my state. In addition to work, I am currently attending school full-time to complete my MBA. I am certified/trained to teach Pilates, Yoga, Turbo Kick, Hip Hop (for fitness), PiYo, to personal train and to lead Kinesis sessions.

I play tennis and golf, although my short attention-span keeps me to normally playing 9 holes instead of 18 and I can't play with people who take it too seriously. My garage is full of things that I rarely make the time for: bike, rollerblades, skis, snowblades.

I read constantly, although starting on my MBA has slowed down the leisure reading. I have a winter car (hummer) and a summer car (Mercedes convertible) and two car payments to go with them.

I wear suits and business attire by day, so at night and the weekends, I like to go casual. Like Becky, I am currently a fan of the sundress and accessories, but as casual as I can make them.

Living in the rural area that I live in, I tend to be aware of trends before they actually make it here, but overall my style is fairly classic with a little bit of punch. I grew up in a more urban area.

More than happy to answer any questions that I didn't cover.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot

Feel like i'm in a real personal growth period which is changing me, hopefully for the better
xxx

This was my situation at the beginning of 2007! I changed my private life one year ago, not knowing if it would be the right way and hoping like you for the better.

Today I can say this time has changed me and has made me stronger. Although it was a hard time I don't regret it!
Today I am living in my own flat and have a great new relationship.

Believe in that everything has a sense - you will see it later
winkiss.gif

macaholic2912

Hi girls im Elaine, 15(16 in december) and im from ireland.
I only got into mac makeup last december,and havent got much at the moment. I dont have a local mac counter so I have to make do with small mac haul every few months as im not allowd spend a lot on mac
ssad.gif

As for my style, i would consider it boring.I love skinny jeans,edgy stuff like that but I dont wear any of that stuff as I look too fat for it :9
hopefully that will change soon tho!
Im just after finishing my exams today and im soo happy about it...and the fact that im travelling to dublin next week for a mac haul woooo!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

as_cute_as_pie

i am laura im 19...
i left school a year ago and am still on my gap year. just working full time for rubbish pay cant afford to go off and do the usual 'gap year' travelling! lol finidng it very difficult to get into uni as i studied more ict etc at A level and now i want to do textiles at uni :| but hopefully will work out ok
thmbup.gif

i live in gateshead just outside newcastle.
relationship status is too complicated i dont even understand it so wont go into that
smiles.gif

i would say my style is pretty trendy i adore topshop and dont understand people who dont its got everything
smiles.gif
apart from the shoes i dont rate them as much. i dont follow trends i just buy things i like regardless. i would live in urban outfitters if i could.. i dont have a 'style icon' but i dont rate models like agyness deyn and kate moss bleurgh give me the victoria secret angels any day! lol
ive liked mac for a few years now apart from i have alot i dont use or dont even know why i bought lol (like bitter e/s yuk)
television wise i loved the apprentice when it was on, but love random programmes that no one seems to watch like the it crowd, peep show, the inbetweeners, glamour girls, blood sweat and t shirts. but i do love hollyoaks and eastenders.
i like most music with r+b being my fav i cant stand rock/indie music i just dont like it
smiles.gif

i love shoes but only own one pair of trainers which i bought to go running in but havnt so far :| i would love to find a gym with a swimming pool but havnt found a decent one for a decent price yet!
i think thats it
smiles.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
i am laura im 19...
i left school a year ago and am still on my gap year. just working full time for rubbish pay cant afford to go off and do the usual 'gap year' travelling! lol finidng it very difficult to get into uni as i studied more ict etc at A level and now i want to do textiles at uni :| but hopefully will work out ok
thmbup.gif

i live in gateshead just outside newcastle.
relationship status is too complicated i dont even understand it so wont go into that
smiles.gif

i would say my style is pretty trendy i adore topshop and dont understand people who dont its got everything
smiles.gif
apart from the shoes i dont rate them as much. i dont follow trends i just buy things i like regardless. i would live in urban outfitters if i could.. i dont have a 'style icon' but i dont rate models like agyness deyn and kate moss bleurgh give me the victoria secret angels any day! lol
ive liked mac for a few years now apart from i have alot i dont use or dont even know why i bought lol (like bitter e/s yuk)
television wise i loved the apprentice when it was on, but love random programmes that no one seems to watch like the it crowd, peep show, the inbetweeners, glamour girls, blood sweat and t shirts. but i do love hollyoaks and eastenders.
i like most music with r+b being my fav i cant stand rock/indie music i just dont like it
smiles.gif

i love shoes but only own one pair of trainers which i bought to go running in but havnt so far :| i would love to find a gym with a swimming pool but havnt found a decent one for a decent price yet!
i think thats it
smiles.gif

ohhh i absolutly LOVE glamour girls... im gutted its finished though
ssad.gif
i was quite surprised at some of the models though especially that Kitty Lea (she looked like a scruff when she went shopping with her mates)

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
ohhh i absolutly LOVE glamour girls... im gutted its finished though
ssad.gif
i was quite surprised at some of the models though especially that Kitty Lea (she looked like a scruff when she went shopping with her mates)

lol i know! i loved amy diamond i thought she was v pretty. i did not GET the deal with rhian i thought she was quite boring looking :S

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
lol i know! i loved amy diamond i thought she was v pretty. i did not GET the deal with rhian i thought she was quite boring looking :S

ohh i thought amy was lovely and very sweet.
and i know what you mean but she has HUGE boobs and shes super skinny

i just think sam Bond is quite fussy

another one i didnt like was the one who modelled for the sport and they still let her on page 3.. i thought she was quite ugly