Best / Worst candidate for MAC ICON?

spectrolite

Best: Bjork, Cindy Lauper, Brigitte Bardot, Clara Bow, Eartha Kitt, Elizabeth Taylor, Juliette Binoche,

Worst: Anyone who hasn't been around that long and has no distinctive style. The Icon should be worthy of a collection and someone who you can admire.

Cocktail_party

Tina Turner has my 1st vote and Brigitte Bardot has my 2nd one
smiles.gif
I can't think of a worst right now, but just anyone who hasn't had a long enough career shouldn't qualify. To me, an "icon" is someone who's been successful and known for several decades, not just a flash in the pan.

TM26

The best in my opinion would be Sarah Jessica Parker because I have always admired her style. Angelina Jolie is another one. I like Gwen's style as well

The worst be be: Jessica Simpson (I know lot's of people like her, but she annoys me) Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton (you know what, anyone is the Hilton crowd there). Oh and Courtney Love

KAIA

Best: Debbie Harry , Joan Jett, Madonna, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren.
Best For The Future: Gwen Stefani, J.lo, Adriana Lima, Giselle Bundchen.

Worst: Paris Hilton- She Is Famous Just For Making Scandals.
Jessica Simpson- She's Pretty When She Doesn't Open Her Mouth.
Ashlee Simpson- She Is Too Desperate To Copy Her Sister How Lame...

jpohrer

I would like to see Sophia Loren, Julie Newmar, Leslie Caron or Ann-Margret! A Joan Collins/Linda Evans collection could have really fun colors!

TM26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
Best: Debbie Harry , Joan Jett, Madonna, Brigitte Bardot, Sophia Loren.
Best For The Future: Gwen Stefani, J.lo, Adriana Lima, Giselle Bundchen.

Worst: Paris Hilton- She Is Famous Just For Making Scandals.
Jessica Simpson- She's Pretty When She Doesn't Open Her Mouth.
Ashlee Simpson- She Is Too Desperate To Copy Her Sister How Lame...

lmao.gif
I think you and I have the same views on Jessica Simpson.

mbee

I think Cher would be a great ICON. I was in her dressing room once and you should see the incredible things they do with her and her dancers make-up! I was in awe. I also think Pat Benetar would be an excellent canidate.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with who I think would be the worst canidate...

lemurian

Cher and David Bowie would be my dream candidates
smiles.gif

I'd be most disappointed in Gwen Stefani as an ICON. Of course she's too young at this point, but she's also completely stuck in the 80's. She's not terribly attractive or creative IMO.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by a914butterfly
BEST--Tina Turner (looks fab for her age!!)
WORST--Paris Hilton (spoiled stupid little rich slut!!)

Agree on both....

lara

Best: Goldie Hawn.
Worst: Gwen Stefani. Too young, too tacky, and her style is just a horrible blend between Sandra-Dee Gone Bad and Michelle Pfeiffer in Scarface.

greatscott2000

BEST: It's stretch but they should do an ode to the Supermodels of the 90's Christy, Cindy, Naomi,Stephanie, Linda, Veronica and Helena.
That would be great!! other than that..Tina Turner is good.
Worst: I can't think of anyone in particular..

Deirdre

It's time for an Asian icon, I'll risk people hucking things at my head and suggest Yoko Ono. I think she has her own take on fashion, and have admired her aesthetic most of my life.

Hehe, if they go male, I agree with people who've suggest David Bowie. He is the Glam of Glams. The ultimate glamazon!

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM26
I think that Tyra Banks would be a good icon as well

I didn't even think of her. She's done alot for the fashion industry these past few years. And considering how long she's been in the business she is in icon status.

Jade

Worst: Debbie Harry...too old and not very pretty IMO

Best: Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Worst: Debbie Harry...too old and not very pretty IMO

...you do realise that the Icons so far are over 60, right?

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
...you do realise that the Icons so far are over 60, right?

I think that's actually one of the rules! The Babes With Experience idea is to keep our loyal client base from the 80's, and increase our existing client base - and introduce us to somen who might think we're just as youth driven as the other brands.

So... I'm going to agree with Julie Newmar (omg, she looks great), Bettie Page or Helen Mirren. I'll actually put money on Mirren if she picks up the Best Actress oscar this year. Lauren Hutton would be great, too.

Worst? Ivanna Trump. Though who knows how old she is! Joan Rivers would definitely be a bad idea as well.