Best / Worst candidate for MAC ICON?

caffn8me

Best? Well, it would be nice to see Michelle Pfeiffer up there and possibly Joan Collins (who looks way better in real life than you might imagine)

Worst? Let's start with Britney Spears and continue the list with Paris Hilton, Michael Jackson, Victoria Beckham and Jocelyn Wildenstein.

User40

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
I think that's actually one of the rules! The Babes With Experience idea is to keep our loyal client base from the 80's, and increase our existing client base - and introduce us to somen who might think we're just as youth driven as the other brands.

So... I'm going to agree with Julie Newmar (omg, she looks great), Bettie Page or Helen Mirren. I'll actually put money on Mirren if she picks up the Best Actress oscar this year. Lauren Hutton would be great, too.

Worst? Ivanna Trump. Though who knows how old she is! Joan Rivers would definitely be a bad idea as well.

Helen Mirren would be great. I love her.

Cosmopolitics

I've got another worst, as well -- Kelly Osbourne.

1284477mk6.jpg

contrabassoon

Best: David Bowie(for the men AND the glam rockers), Dita Von Teese(even though she was with Nocturnelle), Zandra Rhodes (yes, beauty Icon NOT just a collection) Bjork, Marilyn Manson, and finally Jeffree Star.

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windunder
David Bowie would be awesome! I also agree with Joan Jett, Siouxsie Sioux and Debbie Harry. What do you guys think of Cyndi Lauper and Nina Hagen? They're both crazy 80's chicks with a definite style, I'd love a collection full of colors.

And I adore Tina Turner too.

If Rick James wasn't passed over, I'd suggest him too! New glitters for sure, hahaha.

How could I forget about Siouxsie Sioux?? She wears enough make up, she's old enough, and she's defenetly and icon.
Nina Hagen....hmmmm I'm not too sure about her. She just doesn't have that "icon thing" that the Icons have. I don't know...

talk2mesun

Worst: Whitney Houston, HILLARY CLINTON ::ducks:: haha dont hate me hillary fans!

Best: Definitely Cher!!!, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Ellen DeGeneres!

Also....They've done "tint toons" and they've had Barbie now, I think they should do a Betty Boop collection! lol

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
Best: David Bowie(for the men AND the glam rockers), Dita Von Teese(even though she was with Nocturnelle), Zandra Rhodes (yes, beauty Icon NOT just a collection) Bjork, Marilyn Manson, and finally Jeffree Star.

I would love to see Bowie or Bjork get a collection, especially the former; Nina Hagen as well. As much as I adore Dita, I think Manson's more iconic than her. Do I think he deserves his own collection? Nah.

As for Jeffree Star. Just...no.

MACgirl

i agree with these ladies as icons: Pam grier, sophia loren, cher, madonna, and bjork. I think these ladies deserve to be an icon and thier collections would be amazing!!!!

evah2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco_Hailey
I totally agree about Brigitte Bardot, she'd be a great MAC ICON!
I also think that Donatella Versace would be a horrible candidate!
She always looks so oily to me, when I see pics of her I always wonder if it's actually her or a wax replica! I'm also not a fan of Jennifer Lopez, she's almost on the hasbeen list, but that's just my opinion!

I think B.B. would be a really bad choice. She´s been campaigning hard for french right wing politician LePen these past years...

IMO, Gwen Stefani would make a great icon 10, 15 years from now...as would be Christina Aguilera.
For now I think Tina Turner would make a great icon..or Marilyn Monroe (do the icons have to be alive??) or Shirley McLaine, one of my favourite actresses.
Worst: Joanne Collins, Mariah Carey