Burberry Beauty

Medgal07

It can help someone else make an informed decision to skip or buy :)
lol.gif

Tashaboo

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/12/burberry-beauty-winter-glow-shades-of.html?m=1
Thank you for this. I kind of want the gold lip glow but i want to see it on a woc.. like to see if its a ashy gold color or a decent color... you know what i mean??

BlahWah

Now you tell me!!! Is that the one that I got? Runs to check!!!

th_happy1.gif

Prettypackages you may want to go back to the store or call the store you bought it from. It definitely should not be like that at all, unless you kept it near a heat source (even your pocket can melt it a bit, just like the MAC lustres). I have several lip mists and have had no issues with melting or falling apart. Burberry cares about its quality so you should get some action on it. Don't give up on it, it's a gorgeous lippie!

Prettypackages

Prettypackages you may want to go back to the store or call the store you bought it from. It definitely should not be like that at all, unless you kept it near a heat source (even your pocket can melt it a bit, just like the MAC lustres). I have several lip mists and have had no issues with melting or falling apart. Burberry cares about its quality so you should get some action on it. Don't give up on it, it's a gorgeous lippie!
Nope, not by a heat source, that's exactly what it reminded of, Mac Lustres. Everytime I pressed it too my lips, it felt like it was going to get crushed. I thought it was too difficult to use for the price point. I'll let Nordies know.

Medgal07

I feel reassured by your input. Thanks so much!!!

Medgal07

Nope, not by a heat source, that's exactly what it reminded of, Mac Lustres. Everytime I pressed it too my lips, it felt like it was going to get crushed. I thought it was too difficult to use for the price point. I'll let Nordies know.
Pretty, I hope you're able to get a refund or a new lippie!!!

beauteblogueur

I bought the holiday highlighter today.
53edd591_image.jpeg
5f2deb5f_image.jpeg
I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. It's not as refined as their previous highlighters, which were buttery soft and smooth. It has a drier texture and is as much glittery as it is shimmery. It's overcast right now so the glitter doesn't really show in my pictures but it's fairly obvious on the skin. It's very fine glitter but it's still glitter. I love the colour though, it's totally unique to my stash, and it is pretty on. Overall it's very nice, but not quite the usual Burberry quality IMO.

Medgal07

I love the colour though, it's totally unique to my stash, and it is pretty on. Overall it's very nice, but not quite the usual Burberry quality IMO.
Interesting perspective, which I so appreciate because this was my first Burberry highlighter. In comparing it to
other highlighters that I adore, I found it lacked a satiny formula that gives an immediate sheen. I wore it for a
week straight. Although I enjoyed it, I wasn't wowed by it.

BlahWah

I think I expected Oxblood to look darker. I'll check it out for myself---wearing it Monday for the first time.
I really wanted the Oxblood lip cover instead but I dont' have access to it. =( That one is definitely more opaque, altho you can build the lip mist to fairly good coverage, and it's more moisturizing (again, like the lustres). It's perhaps the most pigmented lip mist so far. I have Blueberry, which is lovely, but it still looks more like a tint whereas Oxblood applies more like a gel lipstick rather than a tint or sheer lipstick.

Medgal07

I really wanted the Oxblood lip cover instead but I dont' have access to it. =( That one is definitely more opaque, altho you can build the lip mist to fairly good coverage, and it's more moisturizing (again, like the lustres). It's perhaps the most pigmented lip mist so far. I have Blueberry, which is lovely, but it still looks more like a tint whereas Oxblood applies more like a gel lipstick rather than a tint or sheer lipstick.
I'm wearing my Oxblood Lip Mist today for the first time and I love it. It's pigmented and glides on like buttah, and
it wears quite comfortably. I'm very happy with it. The gloss didn't wow me, but it looks nice over the lipstick.

Medgal07

I'm wearing my Holiday 2014 Burberry Gold, Complete Eye Palette # 25 today for the first time----a day of Burberry firsts!!! This is my first Burberry e/s quad and I must say, I'm very impressed. I was able to construct a really pretty neutral eye look. The shadows are pigmented, smooth and easily blended. I'm very happy w/this purchase. The eye look goes very well with the Oxblood lipstick.

Filmfreak

I'm wearing my Holiday 2014 Burberry Gold, Complete Eye Palette # 25 today for the first time----a day of Burberry firsts!!! This is my first Burberry e/s quad and I must say, I'm very impressed. I was able to construct a really pretty neutral eye look. The shadows are pigmented, smooth and easily blended. I'm very happy w/this purchase. The eye look goes very well with the Oxblood lipstick.
Sigh. I'm getting ever more interested. I have two single Burberry e/s and they're really good. Oxblood is sensational, isn't it?

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF]I'm wearing my Holiday 2014  Burberry Gold, Complete Eye Palette # 25 today for the first time----a day of Burberry firsts!!! [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]This is my first Burberry e/s quad and I must say, I'm very [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]impressed.   I was able to construct a really pretty neutral eye look.  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]The shadows are pigmented, smooth and easily blended.  I'm very happy w/this purchase.  The eye look goes very well with [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]the Oxblood lipstick.[/COLOR]
Yippee!! I knew you would love the quad! The highlighter feels okayish to me but I looooove the quad!!!

Icecaramellatte

I'm still awaiting my palette. Nordstrom is so slow! I ordered 4 or 5 items in store a week ago and they are sending everything one at a time. I got my second item today. Something is due tomorrow but I'm not sure what it is.

Medgal07

Sigh. I'm getting ever more interested. I have two single Burberry e/s and they're really good. Oxblood is sensational, isn't it?
Yes it is! I have it on now and it's WONDERFUL!!!! My one and only Burberry e/s is Pale Barley and I love it!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

Yippee!! I knew you would love the quad! The highlighter feels okayish to me but I looooove the quad!!!
This is the perfect shadow combination to wear with any lip color. You and AWS were totally right about this one! Thanks!!!
th_kiss.gif

Medgal07

I'm still awaiting my palette. Nordstrom is so slow! I ordered 4 or 5 items in store a week ago and they are sending everything one at a time. I got my second item today. Something is due tomorrow but I'm not sure what it is.
Wow---it must be the holiday rush slowing things down for Nordies. I ordered some items last weekend and they arrived mid-week, last week.
Your package tomorrow will probably be a large box with 3 small samples--they're notorious for that. It would be nice if they would give you the option of
getting everything at once, if and when one item will be delayed a few days.

Latest posts