Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elegant-one

I finally got to see the collection for the first time in person today. The duo has amazing texture & color. The glosses were pretty, but I didn't get any.

I did get a chance to swatch the Guerlain Holiday eye palette 500 - GORGEOUS!!!! Everyone was sold out of it. So I was frantically trying to find it at NM on my phone in the car
girlhaha.gif
& I kept getting a warning about the security of their certificate....so I can see that its In Stock but had to wait until we got home to order it. The colors, texture & color payoff is stunning. Its definitely worth owning this & the Chanel quad.

Winthrop44

Are you talking about Turandot? I've been wavering back & forth on that one but haven't seen it irl. Great to hear about the duo!

Icecaramellatte

I finally got to see the collection for the first time in person today. The duo has amazing texture & color. The glosses were pretty, but I didn't get any.

I did get a chance to swatch the Guerlain Holiday eye palette 500 - GORGEOUS!!!! Everyone was sold out of it. So I was frantically trying to find it at NM on my phone in the car
girlhaha.gif
& I kept getting a warning about the security of their certificate....so I can see that its In Stock but had to wait until we got home to order it. The colors, texture & color payoff is stunning. Its definitely worth owning this & the Chanel quad.
I've been hearing a lot about this Guerlain palette. I'm eager to check it out.

elegant-one

You should! :) Nordstrom & Saks were sold out. I can see myself wearing the colors in it a lot. I love gorgeous deep neutrals though.

elegant-one

Winthrop - I grabbed this comment from your other link. This is what I do too:

"Here is a tip on the gorish red shade in this (and so many other) quad: Guerlain's Turandot has a reddish shade, too; I was in despair bc I knew I couldn't wear it and then I happened on the little Frenchie paper instruction "booklet" tucked inside the box with the eye palette. It described putting this shade atop the bronze color, along the crease. I tried it. It works! On its own, the shade is horrid. Used in this way, it is beautiful. All Hail Guerlain! And, I used the same technique with the new CHANEL holiday eye quad, which has similar colors as the Guerlain including a horrid one. So there is hope!"

I do however disagree that this shade is "horrid" on its own.
amuse.gif
And I also disagree that the quad is similar to the Chanel quad. Not even close.

katred

Specktra Bestie

girlhaha.gif
Still haven't found Guerlain at local counters, but I'm sort of dreading that I might want both the Turandot palette and the Chanel one. Heck, I'm even a bit tempted by the larger palette in the Guerlain holiday collection and I'm normally revolted by a mix of lip and eye products in the same palette. The mix of shades just looks so incredible... I was bad and bought myself another Guerlain blush today (Red Hot)...

Haven

Still haven't found Guerlain at local counters, but I'm sort of dreading that I might want both the Turandot palette and the Chanel one. Heck, I'm even a bit tempted by the larger palette in the Guerlain holiday collection and I'm normally revolted by a mix of lip and eye products in the same palette. The mix of shades just looks so incredible... I was bad and bought myself another Guerlain blush today (Red Hot)...
I got Turandot, the Chanel holiday quad, and the larger Guerlain palette. All are amazing....
poke.gif

Haven

Winthrop - I grabbed this comment from your other link. This is what I do too:

"Here is a tip on the gorish red shade in this (and so many other) quad: Guerlain's Turandot has a reddish shade, too; I was in despair bc I knew I couldn't wear it and then I happened on the little Frenchie paper instruction "booklet" tucked inside the box with the eye palette. It described putting this shade atop the bronze color, along the crease. I tried it. It works! On its own, the shade is horrid. Used in this way, it is beautiful. All Hail Guerlain! And, I used the same technique with the new CHANEL holiday eye quad, which has similar colors as the Guerlain including a horrid one. So there is hope!"

I do however disagree that this shade is "horrid" on its own.
amuse.gif
And I also disagree that the quad is similar to the Chanel quad. Not even close.
I am glad that you like the Guerlain quad. It is amazing isn't it? At first I definately liked the Chanel quad more, but now I am favoring the Guerlain. Both are amazing products.

And I agree that the shade is not horrid. I wonder about how she comes up with her reviews sometimes.

Miss QQ

All baked eyeshadows will soon be reformulated ( not enough pigmentsq in those quads ) and single regular eyeshadows will be completely reformulated ( considered as bad here ).
I have 4 quads and I agree, even several layers provide no good coverage but makeups are very subtle and pretty, so I hope this reformulation will be good.
Blushes have a solid ( and very very good ) reputation, no reformulation ( at least in Europe ) but new shades ( we now have Rouge, Ultra Rose, Malice and Tumulte they are gorgeous and I often wear them ! ).
I was at the counter again and had a good look. The duo didn't come to my country and we would not be getting it. I spoke with a senior MA and she told me several of the duos are discontinued. She is unsure if there would be new formula, packaging or colours. I'm disappointed that we didn't get the quad after how I've decided to get it to pair with other singles/duos. Looks like chanel is changing all the eyeshadows then! Get what you want before they are gone!

Only the holiday quad came back with me. I passed Allegorie for now, but I may go back for it. Star Dust's multi coloured shimmers are gorgeous, but I don't see myself wearing it much. I swatched Nacree next to it - Nacree has multi coloured shimmers too, but because Nacree is gel-like the shimmers don't fly all over, and Nacree gives a glow on the skin. I'll get Nacree soon, what a stunning highlighter. Star Dust at my counters are baked, so I'm unsure how it compares to the non-baked version, but Sabrina at thebeautylookbook reviewed it and said it's best use over a cream highlighter.

I also bought the Givenchy holiday highlighter. It's very pricey but it is my first Givenchy and the texture is divine.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ I was at the counter again and had a good look. The duo didn't come to my country and we would not be getting it. I spoke with a senior MA and she told me several of the duos are discontinued. She is unsure if there would be new formula, packaging or colours. I'm disappointed that we didn't get the quad after how I've decided to get it to pair with other singles/duos. Looks like chanel is changing all the eyeshadows then! Get what you want before they are gone!

Here it looks like Chanel just redid their web site. The only duos that are listed as LE are the 2 black holiday ones (the current one and last years). Berry Rose (still available but shown under Deja Vu) is being discontinued and the khaki shade with the yellow shade is long gone (replaced by Khaki-Discret).

elegant-one

I am glad that you like the Guerlain quad. It is amazing isn't it? At first I definately liked the Chanel quad more, but now I am favoring the Guerlain. Both are amazing products.

And I agree that the shade is not horrid. I wonder about how she comes up with her reviews sometimes.
The colors in the Guerlain palette are really my kind of es colors. Very versatile as they are beautiful. I also loved how pigmented they are.