Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elegant-one

th_wallbash.gif
The Seattle Nordstrom counter has been RIDICULOUS with this order. I just called to get the tracking number for my order and to verify I got the GWP and they showed no order had been placed. This is after being asked to call back in an hour then being put on hold for 8+ minutes and bounced to 2 or 3 SAs while on hold. The SA told me she was sure they shipped it if they told me they would. Um, no because the counter manager never even bothered to call me to take me order in the first place after I emailed her about it no less than 4 times. Sorry, but I wasn't so confident in their service. After putting me on hold again this SA found my order eventually, but said she did not see a tracking number. She verified there were 4 items shipped. I said that was fine about the tracking and asked if my GWP was in there and she said she didn't see it and there were none left for her to check the sku. I'm assuming if the sku wasn't rung up for the gift it was not included. Otherwise she would have seen 5 items. I hate to snap, but I absolutely ABHOR bad customer service. I have been pleasant all along and they could care less taking my order properly. I'm effing miffed with them right now.
That is completely unacceptable! I would call the store manager & complain. I know what its like to go through this & its so frustrating. Keep us updated.
th_cheerup.gif

Liz2012

Wow MissTT that's messed up .. I hope you'll still get the GWP you're entitled to and as elegant-one already said, i would definitely complain. Ordering makeup should be fun
blink.gif

Haven

th_wallbash.gif
The Seattle Nordstrom counter has been RIDICULOUS with this order. I just called to get the tracking number for my order and to verify I got the GWP and they showed no order had been placed. This is after being asked to call back in an hour then being put on hold for 8+ minutes and bounced to 2 or 3 SAs while on hold. The SA told me she was sure they shipped it if they told me they would. Um, no because the counter manager never even bothered to call me to take me order in the first place after I emailed her about it no less than 4 times. Sorry, but I wasn't so confident in their service. After putting me on hold again this SA found my order eventually, but said she did not see a tracking number. She verified there were 4 items shipped. I said that was fine about the tracking and asked if my GWP was in there and she said she didn't see it and there were none left for her to check the sku. I'm assuming if the sku wasn't rung up for the gift it was not included. Otherwise she would have seen 5 items. I hate to snap, but I absolutely ABHOR bad customer service. I have been pleasant all along and they could care less taking my order properly. I'm effing miffed with them right now.
Definately complain! No customer deserves to be treated this way.

CartoonChic

That's awful MissTT. I hope you get your items delivered soon and with the GWP included. If it helps any, I just checked my receipt and don't see the GWP included on it. I don't know if Nordstrom handles it differently. Still, I hope you're at least happy with your goodies when you get them.

katred

Specktra Bestie
th_wallbash.gif
You have every right to be miffed. It's ridiculous that they couldn't give you a tracking number after all that, because they should have it available even if the order has just been packed- not even picked up yet. I know when I order from Zuneta, I'm able to see the tracking number on their web site even before it shows up on DHL tracking. I'm always surprised when I see what some places are able to get away with, whereas some people are just so dedicated and won't let something go until they're able to get a good answer.

elkaknits

oooh I just logged on to vent for similar reason. I was told my order shipped on Monday and never got a tracking number and here it is Friday with no package. This is my FNO, notorious and a JC so I have been waiting a very long time. I purchased my stuff from this collection locally because I was already waiting for these things when the collection went live and I saw no sense in adding something else to my Nordies order. I am so frustrated I could spit but I am trying hard to be gracious. It has been over 2 months now so unfortunately, if I am to be totally honest, my patience has worn thin.

mac_aiken

Anyone who posts on this board knows how I feel about that counter. I know that it is a "boutique" at the flagship Nordstrom but the Chanel counter there is horrible. I used to know the cosmetics floor manager. I will pass on your concerns to her (assuming she is still in this position). If any of you ever want Chanel from Seattle (or surrounding areas) I am willing to CP or hook you up with the most amazing Chanel MA who is at the Alderwood Nordstrom in outlying Lynnwood.

Speaking of my wonderful Chanel MA, the collection came in on her day off. She was called at home and she promptly called me from her personal cell. I got the quad, blush, Malice and the lipstick (although I will play with this and Rouge Noir and take home whichever one I like best). I am supposed to get a gift as well. I am going in this morning to pick it up and I am so excited. I think I am done with holiday collections once I pick up a couple of gift sets from MAC and a couple of items from YSL.
Definately complain! No customer deserves to be treated this way.

Ladychris11

I don't fancy the Baked blushes and quads very much! I would choose the US versions any day - mor ebuttery, soft, and blendable. The euro versions, on the other hand, are quite hard and powdery, but as I just recently learned, possibly more buildable. You lucky girls! ;) this is why I like to order fromw the US, as my local counter gets the euro version. Speaking of orders, I am fixing my cart now and will probaly check out on Monday. I get from New York, and it says that shipping may be delayed due to Sandy. I hope that will be the only inconvenience and I hope it didn't affect them much! Poor nordies. Oh well, I hope Reverie will still be available by the time I place my order. :)

MissTT

Thanks for letting me vent here, everyone. I know it's just makeup and I don't need it, but this is really about service. I feel like I have been hounding them in order to make my purchases. The SA who spoke to me yesterday told me the Mgr would call me back about this order this weekend. I'm not holding my breath.

elkaknits - I'm mad for you too. They really need to do something extra for those STILL waiting for their FNO items. You better get lots of extra goodies.

mak_aiken - You are such a dear for the offer. I will definitely take you up on it if I need something special from Seattle. I've learned to just stick to my sweet SA in Portland. Unfortunately she doesn't work in cosmetics any longer so essentially just pulls orders for me, but I rely on you all for honest and accurate reviews of the items anyway.
bouquet.gif

Anyway, can't wait to get my items and play with them. Especially Notorious. I will feel so grown up if I start contouring.

elkaknits

elkaknits - I'm mad for you too. They really need to do something extra for those STILL waiting for their FNO items. You better get lots of extra goodies.

thank you so much. I am kinda upset. Not sure if I am mad... I did get a call last night {after emailing and calling 4 times} and apparently they ship the stuff to a shipping dept and so they mailed it off to there but wherever it is at hasn't bothered to create a label for me yet. This means that despite being told it was shipped last monday the earliest it will actually be shipped to me is next monday.

the thing about it is~ you are right: it is only make-up. And I have a ton of make-up. I mean I throw away make-up regularly when I am culling or what not and don't need anymore. I rarely wear it anymore cus I am a stay at home mom with 3 kidlets and yes I go through phases where I wear it around the house just cus but most times only when I go out once or twice a month. Nobody, and I mean nobody, needs 200 nail polishes much less me. Furthermore my husband, who enjoys the red lips and nails is just as happy with DS stuff or lower end of HE spectrum aka MAC so when I buy Chanel or Guerlain or YSL or Dior it is for me cus it just feels a little more special than Revlon ya know? I feel like all the anticipation and joy of having a new Chanel l/s or np has been sucked out by the hassle to get it. I certainly don't feel like this is a special treat but rather a exercise in patience... it's like pulling teeth!

I am sure I will get totally over it as soon as I open up my box and gaze upon the goodies but right now the whole experience has left a sour taste in my mouth. Now if they messed up my order in any way I will be throwing a fit {I heard they do that sometimes} and I was told I had a nice GWP coming due to my patience but I cannot imagine what they would send me that would make up for this. Don't get me wrong~ I know it is not their fault about not getting the FNO stuff promptly but I think overnight shipping would have been in order. Or shipping the FNO stuff then the notorious or shipping the JC before either the FNO or notorious came or something. Nordies does offer free shipping after all.

hmmm the upset is coming mainly from the fear that I won't love what I get when it comes. I don't want to be harboring bad feelings and looking at stuff critically because of it and I am so scared that is where I am at. Frankly I don't want the stuff anymore and that irks me since I got one FNO l/s and one FNO np in different colors so that would make my sets incomplete and I am kinda gazing at them going humph already cus I want to do my matchy matchy.

Winthrop44

You aren't talking about the holiday quad are you Prettypackages? That one isn't baked....nor is Prelude. I'm not sure from reading back what quad you're talking about.

Paisly

OH goodness, i NEED Star Dust, Malice, AND Abstraction! I think i'm gonna call a nordstrom to place the order. I really want that GWP. I didnt do it last time when i ordered the palette and glossimer. Hmm... which nordstrom should i call?

MACina

Me too.....the US versions are sooo much better!!!

Especially the eyeshadow quads....I don' t like our baked versions at all
thmbdn.gif

I have a few but will definitely not get any more of these!They are just not worth the money.The texture/quality is awful IMO!

Speaking of orders, I am fixing my cart now and will probaly check out on Monday. I get from New York, and it says that shipping may be delayed due to Sandy. I hope that will be the only inconvenience and I hope it didn't affect them much! Poor nordies. Oh well, I hope Reverie will still be available by the time I place my order.
smiles.gif