Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

Ladychris11

Thanks Dominique and Paisly! I will definitely get the Reverie now. :) I can't check it on our local counters since it's not here yet. Will arrive December, I think, and I can't wait because I'm not sure if they will carry the less anticipated loose powder too, and if not, it would probably be sold out on Nordies by then. Chanel loose powders have worked so well with my skin, except that Clair is a bit pink, and Naturel is a bit dark, but Paisly's right, those shimmers should be a treat! :) hopefully it works well as a finishing powder because the shade looks like it has more yellow in it than Clair, and if it does indeed look good on me, I will definitely get a backup if I could! :)

Miss QQ

I just tried Abstraction on - its really really pretty. It makes for a gorgeous soft wash. It looks just like it does on the tissue in the above pic.
Beautiful pictures! I like Abstraction on my hand too, but I worry it may give me a pink eye look. Enjoy your goodies!

Katred - lol. Let us know if you get the duo. Last night I thought of my new Neo-Black and considered perhaps I could use the lightest and darkest shade in this fashion too, but I think they are stronger and the highlight shade is slightly warm. Do you pair Neo-Black with other colours?

I need Star Dust now. My list consists of the duo, quad, star dust and the lightest glossimer. I also want the new highlighter, Nacree, and Notorious.

MissTT

Speaking of Notorious, when I receive it I will be trying contouring for the first time. When you contour do you just use the contour color and a highlight color or is blush added in the mix and if so where?
noob.gif

CartoonChic

Speaking of Notorious, when I receive it I will be trying contouring for the first time. When you contour do you just use the contour color and a highlight color or is blush added in the mix and if so where?
noob.gif
It was my first time contouring, too. I made the fish face because I didn't know what else to do, then applied Notorious to the hallow area below my cheeks and blended. I then added blush to my cheeks and blended that on top of Notorious. I added a highlighter after that. Medgal suggested starting from the top of the ear and blending towards the corner of the mouth to contour. I'll try that technique next because I didn't like the fish face method so much.

shontay07108

I always start back from my ear and work forward. I don't want most of the color on my cheeks. This way, most of the color (although it shouldn't be used heavily anyway) stays where it belongs. I then add blush to the apples of my cheeks and sometimes a highlighter on top of the cheekbone. That last step isn't always necessary for me, though.

Prettypackages

In the US, we usually get the non baked quads (except for LE releases). My quads all have the square pans, except for Topkapi and this new holiday quad, which have the round quilted pattern. I have heard that the color payoff is not as good with the baked quads, and sometimes they can get hard. But some people actually prefer that formula -- hard to know. I have on Prelude quad today and it is an amazing neutral quad. Texture is fab.
how do I know if it is bkaed or non baked?

Winthrop44

If the eyeshadow pans are round instead of square then it's baked, EXCEPT for the quilted round ones (Topkapi and Harmonie du Soir).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ughhh I feel now that I need Star Dust, I kinda ignored it at the counter and maybe I shouldn't have.

Elegant One - Your pictures are always the best! Abstraction is beautiful! I feel that it would look great on someone with blue eyes especially *cough cough Kate*
poke.gif
wtff.gif
With everything else on my wish list, I did NOT need to read this.... Imma end up coming home with the entire Chanel display at this rate... At least then I'd have a convenient, easily accessible place to store everything. And we have been talking about doing some redecorating... Perhaps a little "department store chic" look would work...

baghdad81

You know, I haven't paired it with other shades, just because it's always so easy to grab and do something quick with the three shades there. it would certainly go with lots of shades. The Chanel black is much softer. When I swatched the Armani black on my arm, it was like staring into the void. :wtf2: With everything else on my wish list, I did NOT need to read this.... Imma end up coming home with the entire Chanel display at this rate... At least then I'd have a convenient, easily accessible place to store everything. And we have been talking about doing some redecorating... Perhaps a little "department store chic" look would work...
This made me laugh so hard!

Dominique33

Yes, we did get Byzance including Rouge sometime last year, I forget exactly when...so maybe there's hope we'll really get Ultra Rose eventually....but we got Malice and Tumulte quite awhile ago already.
Yes I hope you'll get Ultra Rose soon. Strangely enough the 4 new blushes for France ( Malice, Tumulte, Rouge and Ultra Rose ) were launched recently and right now at Sephora. Some are discontinued ( Espiègle, Orchid Rose ). Let's hope Ultra Rose will reach you in a few weeks ( or months ? ), we never had some Chanel collections such as Byzance but as I don't reside in Paris ( but in Bordeaux ), I don't know what's going on up there in Paris.

MissTT

th_wallbash.gif
The Seattle Nordstrom counter has been RIDICULOUS with this order. I just called to get the tracking number for my order and to verify I got the GWP and they showed no order had been placed. This is after being asked to call back in an hour then being put on hold for 8+ minutes and bounced to 2 or 3 SAs while on hold. The SA told me she was sure they shipped it if they told me they would. Um, no because the counter manager never even bothered to call me to take me order in the first place after I emailed her about it no less than 4 times. Sorry, but I wasn't so confident in their service. After putting me on hold again this SA found my order eventually, but said she did not see a tracking number. She verified there were 4 items shipped. I said that was fine about the tracking and asked if my GWP was in there and she said she didn't see it and there were none left for her to check the sku. I'm assuming if the sku wasn't rung up for the gift it was not included. Otherwise she would have seen 5 items. I hate to snap, but I absolutely ABHOR bad customer service. I have been pleasant all along and they could care less taking my order properly. I'm effing miffed with them right now.