Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elegant-one

Ughhh I feel now that I need Star Dust, I kinda ignored it at the counter and maybe I shouldn't have.

Elegant One - Your pictures are always the best! Abstraction is beautiful! I feel that it would look great on someone with blue eyes especially *cough cough Kate*
poke.gif
Aww, thanks hun
th_kiss.gif
Its such a beautiful feminine es on - I really really love it.

And, OMG of thought of Kate too immediately! The new video on chanel.com also reminded me of Kate - the eyes/hair!!! Go watch it guys if you haven't seen it. Click the new pic which pops up first when you go to the site.

elegant-one

All baked eyeshadows will soon be reformulated ( not enough pigmentsq in those quads ) and single regular eyeshadows will be completely reformulated ( considered as bad here ).
I have 4 quads and I agree, even several layers provide no good coverage but makeups are very subtle and pretty, so I hope this reformulation will be good.
Blushes have a solid ( and very very good ) reputation, no reformulation ( at least in Europe ) but new shades ( we now have Rouge, Ultra Rose, Malice and Tumulte they are gorgeous and I often wear them ! ).
So the new (EU) Ultra Rose blush is the better baked version?

I appreciate all your helpful information!

Winthrop44

talc, polyethylene, mineral oil, lithium stearate, lanolin alcohol, fragrance, magnesium myristate, methylparaben, serica (silk powder), propylparaben, hexamidine diisethionate, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, citral, citronellol, geraniol, linalool. May contain: a bunch of dyes, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, mica.
** Since I wrote this we were lucky enough to get PE in the US formula. I'm hoping we'll eventually get Ultra Rose in the US formula as well, but...who knows! I have heard it is a relatively good baked one though.

Edit: Also, if you are ever wondering which one you have the easiest way to tell is by the weight. The US ones are 6g and the Euros are 4g.

CartoonChic

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

And, OMG of thought of Kate too immediately! The new video on chanel.com also reminded me of Kate - the eyes/hair!!! Go watch it guys if you haven't seen it. Click the new pic which pops up first when you go to the site.

I haven't seen it yet. I watched it as soon as I read your post.
th_drool.gif

Liz2012

I went shopping in the Netherlands today, and boy was i happy to see that Sephora already had this collection in
yahoo.gif
When i saw the products i rushed to them and immediately started swatching them like a mad woman, two SA's were just looking at me and at each other like 'um okayyyy ..' lol
th_crazy2.gif
I didn't really care, i've been waiting like forever for this release so hey i have an excuse
lol.gif
The first thing that catched my eye was the Harmonie du Soir quad. All you ladies that have been raving about this quad, YOU WERE SOOOO RIGHT, when i saw the quad in person i just knew i had to get it right away. Then one of the SA's came to me and she dusted Star Dust over my cheeks. I immediately fell in love with it when i looked in the mirror
eyelove.gif
Such a beautiful blush for the holidays, although i certainly see myself getting daily use out of this blush as well. The shimmer is just lovely
love.gif
Last thing i got was Malice nail polish, such a stunning red shade. And even better, there was a '50% off sale on every second makeup product', so i got my Star Dust half price
th_DANCE.gif
So happy with my new goodies :)

gracie90

Quote:
I went shopping in the Netherlands today, and boy was i happy to see that Sephora already had this collection in
yahoo.gif
When i saw the products i rushed to them and immediately started swatching them like a mad woman, two SA's were just looking at me and at each other like 'um okayyyy ..' lol
th_crazy2.gif
I didn't really care, i've been waiting like forever for this release so hey i have an excuse
lol.gif
The first thing that catched my eye was the Harmonie du Soir quad. All you ladies that have been raving about this quad, YOU WERE SOOOO RIGHT, when i saw the quad in person i just knew i had to get it right away. Then one of the SA's came to me and she dusted Star Dust over my cheeks. I immediately fell in love with it when i looked in the mirror
eyelove.gif
Such a beautiful blush for the holidays, although i certainly see myself getting daily use out of this blush as well. The shimmer is just lovely
love.gif
Last thing i got was Malice nail polish, such a stunning red shade. And even better, there was a '50% off sale on every second makeup product', so i got my Star Dust half price
th_DANCE.gif
That's amazing! I can't wait to order :D

elegant-one

yahoo.gif
th_crazy2.gif
lol.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_sign_woot.gif
WOW Sephora carries Chanel? Great on the discount. We never get deals like that especially on Chanel. I'm so happy for you - Enjoy!!!

Dominique33

So the new (EU) Ultra Rose blush is the better baked version?

I appreciate all your helpful information!
Yes it's a good version I mean a pretty shade. Bright ( much brighter than the other JC except Rouge or Plum Attraction which are intense ). Ultra rose is between rose and fuschia, nothing in common with Pink Explosion which is soft, it's a baked version yes as all JC ( we have only baked formulas in France ) and it's some kind of a girly shade.

Winthrop44

Wouldn't not having mineral oil be better? It wouldn't cause breakouts right or not?
girlhaha.gif

eyelove.gif
I know right! Look at the rose necklaces. Gorgeous
For my skin the US formula is much better. The baked irritate my rosacea and I think it's the zea mays (corn) starch that's the problem because I have problems with another brand (Laura Mercier, 2nd ingredient) blush that also contains it.

Liz2012

th_sign_woot.gif
WOW Sephora carries Chanel? Great on the discount. We never get deals like that especially on Chanel. I'm so happy for you - Enjoy!!!
Thanks, i certainly will!
friends.gif
And yup, Sephora in the Netherlands carries Chanel, don't know about other European Sephora stores tho.

gracie90

Quote:
Yes it was a really nice surprise to get that discount
amuse.gif
What are you planning on getting? :)
Thanks, i certainly will!
friends.gif
And yup, Sephora in the Netherlands carries Chanel, don't know about other European Sephora stores tho.
The quad and Star Dust
love.gif

Antigone

Liz, I am so envious especially of that awesome discount! We never have discounts here :(

Ultra Rose turned out too "strong" and fuchsia-ish/reddish on me. My heart is broken. </3 Now I'm lemming again for the Star Dust.

Liz2012

Liz, I am so envious especially of that awesome discount! We never have discounts here :(

Ultra Rose turned out too "strong" and fuchsia-ish/reddish on me. My heart is broken. </3 Now I'm lemming again for the Star Dust.
I'm sorry Ultra Rose didn't work out for you
ssad.gif
Definitely check out Star Dust tho, it's simply stunning!

Rads

yahoo.gif
th_crazy2.gif
lol.gif
eyelove.gif
love.gif
th_DANCE.gif
50% off on every second makeup???!!!! I hardly ever comment here, but I searched out my user ID and password just to add in my "so jealous" comment :D :D :D :D

Liz2012

50% off on every second makeup???!!!! I hardly ever comment here, but I searched out my user ID and password just to add in my "so jealous" comment :D :D :D :D
LOL
girlhaha.gif
Yup, thanks to the sale my Star Dust blush was really a bargain. I should've gotten 4 products instead of 3 to take full advantage tho, but imo i was already doing enough damage with my quad, blush, and nail polish lol.