Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

CartoonChic

You definitely need Tom Ford Black Orchid!!! It's one of my favourite vampy lipsticks and it does blot to a lovely stain. If you have either Mac's Deepest Wish or Rouge d'Armani #609, they're similar.

I'll definitely have to check L'Impatiente out in person. I feel like I could go either way on it. And now I'm wondering if I wouldn't rather get the shadow duo, since I don't really have a good "soft" black, which is what this one appears to be. Or perhaps I'd rather have a glossimer...
I'm telling myself I didn't see this.

MissTT

Ok, I got the same black bag and samples except for the Wild Rose lipgloss. Lol, I've become obsessed with GWPs. I feel like I need something back after spending all of this money.
yeah, but you got post it notes! Actually, I've been wanting to try a Glossimer so I'm kind of excited.

elegant-one

I'm telling myself I didn't see this.
I just ordered TF Black Orchid from NM
angelic.gif
lol.gif
After seeing it as a stain in the link pics (she is beautiful!) I had to have it.

CartoonChic

yeah, but you got post it notes! Actually, I've been wanting to try a Glossimer so I'm kind of excited.
I haven't tried a Glossimer yet, either. I've been trying to pick one to get, but it'll probably have to wait. Now that I've tried a quad, they've moved up higher on my shopping list.

Paisly

Any pale beauties still debating on Notorious. GET IT!! I'm like NC05-10 (NC15 in summer.) First off, I have never liked to contour because nothing works on me. Everything and i mean EVERYTHING looks muddy or just gross. I just now picked up Notorious after having it for about a week, thinking, "hey, it's Halloween." If it's too much, Halloween is my excuse! :)
Anyway, Notorious is amazing. It looks natural and beautiful. On my skin, it looks as if i have this natural deepness in my contour area! It's soft and blendable. Im freakin amazed.
There is nothing like this powder. It's worth the cost. I'm debating on backing this up before the quad! Yup.

elegant-one

Any pale beauties still debating on Notorious. GET IT!! I'm like NC05-10 (NC15 in summer.) First off, I have never liked to contour because nothing works on me. Everything and i mean EVERYTHING looks muddy or just gross. I just now picked up Notorious after having it for about a week, thinking, "hey, it's Halloween." If it's too much, Halloween is my excuse! :)
Anyway, Notorious is amazing. It looks natural and beautiful. On my skin, it looks as if i have this natural deepness in my contour area! It's soft and blendable. Im freakin amazed.
There is nothing like this powder. It's worth the cost. I'm debating on backing this up before the quad! Yup.
I agree. Glad it worked out for you. There really is nothing else like it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Totally agree with this. I'm about NC15 most of the time and I have to stop myself from wearing this beauty every day. I did actually make it part of my Halloween look, but I find that it's perfectly easy to incorporate for office wear as well. (Come to think of it, I have it on today!)

Prettypackages

I ordered the quad, purple lipgloss (kinda what glamourdaze should have been on me), apparance, and the lipstick. OMG! That sucker is beautiful! LOL

I haven't played yet, hopefully I'll have time tonite.

Prettypackages

Ok, I got the same black bag and samples except for the Wild Rose lipgloss. Lol, I've become obsessed with GWPs. I feel like I need something back after spending all of this money.
I'm about to call my store for one b/c the MAC girls instead of the CHanel girls rang me up.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to se the collection briefly today! I was in a rush, so I didn't get anything, but I have to say that the swatches and opinions have been pretty much true all-around. I definitely want the quad, Star Dust and Malice. The lipstick is nice but it wasn't as richly pigmented as I'd wanted, so if my budget dictates that I skip something, that will probably be it. (Note- when I say "if my budget dictates" what I really mean is "my wallet would like me to see the Guerlain collection before coming to a final decision".)

The quality of the duo is very good, but I do feel like I have enough similar shades that I don't 100% need it. The quad is much more original in terms of colours and finish- so glad that we all got the same one this time!

jenntoz

We got the phone call today that school has been cancelled for the rest of the week due to that bitch Sandy. That was my cue to go ahead & order the quad & Apparence. I think I deserve a little something for being stuck in the house with the girls & no power for that long. Then the power came back on but oops too late, lol, damage done

elegant-one

We got the phone call today that school has been cancelled for the rest of the week due to that bitch Sandy. That was my cue to go ahead & order the quad & Apparence. I think I deserve a little something for being stuck in the house with the girls & no power for that long. Then the power came back on but oops too late, lol, damage done
thmbup.gif
Yes, I say you deserve it.
lol.gif

CartoonChic

I'm wearing the quad right now. It's so pretty! I opted to wear it with a more dramatic color for Halloween, so I'm wearing MAC Dramatic Encounter with Nightmoth lip pencil to outline. I also paired it with L'Impatiente and Déterminée. They also complimented the quad very nicely. I really like how Déterminée created a softer look with the quad.

Miss QQ

Ladies, I'm back from my short trip to Hong Kong. I hauled makeup, mainly from Armani and Nars, and then a single item each from some other brands. I got to swatch Notorious there too, but I haven't purchase it. Reading the raves here, I'lll probably get it if it is at my counter. I feel I need the duo as I can pair it with other singles or duos that don't have a highlight and darker colour for definition. I haven't seen the duo in person though, I either missed it and it wasn't at my counter.

elegant - Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I want the makeup bag! My counters don't have these anymore, they used to be given as gifts with purchase when we spent at least $350, and the bags were never as exquisite as the one you have.

Ladychris11

Has anyone grabbed the Reverie loose powder yet? I really really want it but temptalia gave a bad review which made me think that it might not be okay with my oily skin. I've tried the reglar loose powder in the past though, and it is HG material whatever the skintype is!

Paisly

That cranberry shade is to die for! Yesterday, i wore that and the taupe shade in crease just to add a bit of contrast. Smudged Mac expresso lightly over the cranberry on my bottom lash line. It was super pretty! It made my green eyes really pop in a sultry hot way ;)

Paisly

I've tried the reglar loose powder in the past though, and it is HG material whatever the skintype is!
Have you looked at in person? For me, reviews are just a way to know what could be a possible issue. It helps to know what to look out for while swatching in person. Noway in heck would i let a SA ''convince'' me to buy certain things after seeing reviews/swatches. Think goodness for bloggers and the ladies here... for everything! BUT, i do think that sometimes those reviews are a bit harsh. Usually, Temptalia is right on! A few times, i have totally disagreed on the rating (most of the time, blushes.) We all have different standards. Thats the beauty of having so much to choose from! If you have had positive experiences with that powder, Treat yourself! :) :)

Latest posts