Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

CartoonChic

Shadowy - your eyes!
eyelove.gif

I am so done with the Seattle Nordstrom counter. I have contacted the Mgr multiple times about my order and she does not bother to respond back. Finally I had to call HER about my order and I got some non-sense about not having my card number. Of course you don't, fool! I had asked you about that via email early last week when I was trying to confirm my order for the 3rd time. I also found out they were only holding 1 item for me when I had ordered 3 (multiple times via email.) Isn't the point of the pre-order for us to get our order held and arrange payment? I think I'm going to complain to the store manager because I shouldn't have to beg someone to take my order as I've done with her. Clearly I was a repeat customer as it was the 3rd order I'd made with her in 2 months. I respond to her emails within an hour of receiving them and she never bothers to reply back. Anyway, thankfully the quad didn't sell out at the event. Andrea, the SA I spoke with yesterday, was really nice and I really wanted to tell her not to let her Mgr take credit for my order when she never bothered to process it or follow up with me. Andrea was the one who did all the work including calling me back on the same day as promised to complete my order.
I'm glad you got things sorted out and are able to get your items. Weren't you expecting a GWP as well?

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was thinking that was a repromote of the duo I already have. Hmmm I love the duos, so I should check it out. Maybe I was thinking of the black/ivory duo?

Yep, just checked it out & I was thinking of the noir/ivory. I don't think I will get the new one unless someone says its amazing
girlhaha.gif
See, I skipped Noir/ Ivoire, despite the fact that it looked amazing, because I thought it was too basic. And I've had a gnawing feeling of regret ever since.
001_unsure.gif
So now I'm wondering if I should seize the day and grab this one in order to avoid that unpleasant sensation... Then again, I've picked up two palettes recently that have excellent matte black shades in them, so I really can't say that I need another.

Can I?
sneaky.gif

MissTT

I'm glad you got things sorted out and are able to get your items. Weren't you expecting a GWP as well?
I am. I asked Andrea if I was still eligible since it was after the event and she said yes. For some reason I have this really weird feeling they will "forget" to include it. This is the flagship store and they sometimes get items that NO ONE else gets so I feel like I need to keep them in the background, but I will be trying my Portland SA first from now on. She's so awesome she went into the store on her day off to get me my Marilyn items b/c they wouldn't let her put them on hold. She is way above and beyond for little ol' me who's barely a thousand-aire.

elegant-one

See, I skipped Noir/ Ivoire, despite the fact that it looked amazing, because I thought it was too basic. And I've had a gnawing feeling of regret ever since.
001_unsure.gif
So now I'm wondering if I should seize the day and grab this one in order to avoid that unpleasant sensation... Then again, I've picked up two palettes recently that have excellent matte black shades in them, so I really can't say that I need another.

Can I?
sneaky.gif
I'm a good one to ask
lol.gif
Having said that, the texture of the duos is so amazing. Eh, probably not if you're happy with what you already have.

Shadowy Lady

WOW!!! You look stunning! Now I feel like I MUST get the quad just so I can wear it with La Sensuelle. (Sure, that's a great reason to get a quad, Kate...) I wasn't able to get down to the Bay downtown this weekend, so I don't know if they had the collection out. I have other things tying up my money anyway, but I know that I definitely want this and the blush... and Malice... Strangely, the lipstick, which was #1 on my list for ages, has me less interested now that I know it's not so opaque. In the swatches I've seen, it doesn't look a lot different from a number of other shades I have.

By the way, I haven't heard a peep about the shadow duo. Has anyone tried it? Or is everyone just too dazzled by the quad to bother?
I tried the lipstick on and it was nice but not the best vampy shade out there. It was a medium dark burgundy on me but I didn't find the texture to be as opaque. If you want THE BEST vampy lips out there get Nars Train Blue matte velvet pencil (from last fall but perm)....though I wouldn't be surprised if you already have it ;) If you don't i can post drool worthy swatches for you :D

I totally forgot about the duo oooopps! I shall go back and have a look tomorrow. Strangely enough I also really liked the powder on my face. The sparkles don't last forever but I'm wondering if I should get this powder or one of Guerlain's "ballz", lol!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just saw on The Beauty Look Book that she picked up the duo with her haul and so she'll doubtless have swatches shortly. Figured it was just a matter of time...

Haven

WOW!!! You look stunning! Now I feel like I MUST get the quad just so I can wear it with La Sensuelle. (Sure, that's a great reason to get a quad, Kate...) I wasn't able to get down to the Bay downtown this weekend, so I don't know if they had the collection out. I have other things tying up my money anyway, but I know that I definitely want this and the blush... and Malice... Strangely, the lipstick, which was #1 on my list for ages, has me less interested now that I know it's not so opaque. In the swatches I've seen, it doesn't look a lot different from a number of other shades I have.

By the way, I haven't heard a peep about the shadow duo. Has anyone tried it? Or is everyone just too dazzled by the quad to bother?
I am trying to ignore that it exists LOL! My wallet can't really take much more...

Haven

I used the quad yesterday and absolutely loved the colours together. I think this may be my favourite quad in my collection (of any brands). I didn't buy the lip products in the collection, but used La Sensuelle RAV to complete my look. Here it is:

Amazing pic!

elegant-one

Here is some swatches of the duo:

http://www.weekendramblings.com/2012/10/chanel-holiday-2012-makeup-eclats-du.html

Bonitinha

I used the quad yesterday and absolutely loved the colours together. I think this may be my favourite quad in my collection (of any brands). I didn't buy the lip products in the collection, but used La Sensuelle RAV to complete my look. Here it is:

Your makeup does look fabulous! My quad and blush arrive on Thursday -- cannot wait! :)

Ingenue

Wow, you look beautiful! I love your eyes... and now I'm gonna have to revisit that Lipstick. Simply Stunning.

Winthrop44

Beautiful! And I am with you on the quad too!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's the Beauty Look Book's review of Apparence, the duo and the quad- including a comparison between this year's duo and last:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2012/10/chanel-holiday-2012-eyes-apparence-nuit.html

I think hers is the only "meh" review I've seen of the quad thus far.

Latest posts