Chanel Holiday 2012 - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

elkaknits

Awesome and beautiful and oh so fast! I am still waiting on my order and don't even have the comfort of a tracking number to peek in on. I hope my package arrives today! I really want to play with my FNO thingies in particular cus I feel like I have been waiting years.
girlhaha.gif
So impatient!

Major delivery day today
cheerleader.gif

Nordies screwed up my order & sent me that universal powder which I did not order. They never get it right. Anyhow, here is SD blush, very very pale pink, & I don't mind the shimmers. Rouge Noir lipstick. Love this ls!
I also got the quad, np, impatient ls & Apparance. I haven't tried any of them yet.

elegant-one

That cranberry shade is to die for! Yesterday, i wore that and the taupe shade in crease just to add a bit of contrast. Smudged Mac expresso lightly over the cranberry on my bottom lash line. It was super pretty! It made my green eyes really pop in a sultry hot way ;)
Love that^ I'm going to try it. Thanks!

elkaknits - I hope you get your goodies soon. I hate waiting :)

elegant-one

Ladies, I'm back from my short trip to Hong Kong. I hauled makeup, mainly from Armani and Nars, and then a single item each from some other brands. I got to swatch Notorious there too, but I haven't purchase it. Reading the raves here, I'lll probably get it if it is at my counter. I feel I need the duo as I can pair it with other singles or duos that don't have a highlight and darker colour for definition. I haven't seen the duo in person though, I either missed it and it wasn't at my counter.

elegant - Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I want the makeup bag! My counters don't have these anymore, they used to be given as gifts with purchase when we spent at least $350, and the bags were never as exquisite as the one you have.
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
holy cow $350

Welcome back dear!

elegant-one

For the Chanel blushes, baked or not baked & what is the difference? Sorry, I don't remember what we talked about.

Dominique33

Major delivery day today
cheerleader.gif

Nordies screwed up my order & sent me that universal powder which I did not order. They never get it right. Anyhow, here is SD blush, very very pale pink, & I don't mind the shimmers. Rouge Noir lipstick. Love this ls!
I also got the quad, np, impatient ls & Apparance. I haven't tried any of them yet.

Beautiful ! I pre-ordered 5 items from this collection ( and finally the UD Vice Palette which is good ), They don't have the quad yet but the collection will be launched in a few days.

The baked formula is really ancient, it provides both long-wearing makeups and subtlety ( light and smooth shimmer for example ) as you can work out the formula exactly as you want ( it's not the case with a Nars or a Dior blush in my experience ). It's also "ready-to-wear" in sense and the brush in the box is quite good, for other blushes ( M.A.C, Nars etc.. ) you really need a good brush. Of course it's my own experience, I also have other blushes that I do love and they are not Chanel blushes.

CartoonChic

For the Chanel blushes, baked or not baked & what is the difference? Sorry, I don't remember what we talked about.
I'd also like to know if the difference is the same between the baked and non-baked eye shadow quads? It seems like the non-baked quads are preferred? The round eye shadow quads on Chanel's website are baked, correct?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ladies, I'm back from my short trip to Hong Kong. I hauled makeup, mainly from Armani and Nars, and then a single item each from some other brands. I got to swatch Notorious there too, but I haven't purchase it. Reading the raves here, I'lll probably get it if it is at my counter. I feel I need the duo as I can pair it with other singles or duos that don't have a highlight and darker colour for definition. I haven't seen the duo in person though, I either missed it and it wasn't at my counter.

elegant - Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I want the makeup bag! My counters don't have these anymore, they used to be given as gifts with purchase when we spent at least $350, and the bags were never as exquisite as the one you have.
eeksign.gif
Why did you put that idea in my head??? Yes, you're absolutely right, it would be a perfect complement for palettes (eyes Guerlain Les Fauves palette) that lack a highlighter and/ or deep contour shade. I do have other similar colours I could use, but the shades in this duo are really useful and, because they aren't stark white/ black, nor are they super-frosty, I can imagine they'd blend well with a lot of other looks. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo.

CartoonChic

The black is very nice. It's very pigmented- not at all sheer or patchy- but it's definitely a slightly softened shade when I compare it to the blacks in my Armani Neo-Black palette or the LMdB Nouvelle Vague palette- those are REALLY intense. I actually think it would be a very useful black to have

eeksign.gif
Why did you put that idea in my head??? Yes, you're absolutely right, it would be a perfect complement for palettes (eyes Guerlain Les Fauves palette) that lack a highlighter and/ or deep contour shade. I do have other similar colours I could use, but the shades in this duo are really useful and, because they aren't stark white/ black, nor are they super-frosty, I can imagine they'd blend well with a lot of other looks. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo. I cannot let myself buy the duo.
Good luck with that!

elegant-one

The black is very nice. It's very pigmented- not at all sheer or patchy- but it's definitely a slightly softened shade when I compare it to the blacks in my Armani Neo-Black palette or the LMdB Nouvelle Vague palette- those are REALLY intense. I actually think it would be a very useful black to have

eeksign.gif
I NEED it then
sigh.gif
lol.gif

elegant-one

I just tried Abstraction on - its really really pretty. It makes for a gorgeous soft wash. It looks just like it does on the tissue in the above pic.

Dominique33

I've tried the reglar loose powder in the past though, and it is HG material whatever the skintype is!
I pre-ordered it today but also saw it; Well, it's a very pretty loose powder, much less iridescent as Féérie ( Holiday 2011 ) and more wearable in my opinion. My skin is a bit oily too, that's why I love the Poudre Universelle Libre ( I have 3 including Féérie and I will buy Rêverie ). Christine from Temptalia gave a A- so it's not a bad review, quite the opposite in fact. If you're searching for a loose powder for Holiday, you could also try the Dior powder ( from the Grand Bal collection called Gold Dust, I have it too ), but it's much more golden. You could also try the Clarins illuminating powder, it looks beautiful ( I haven't purchased it yet ). Don't forget the Guerlain Liu Collection, it looks very pretty too. No loose powder though.
I hope you'll find a loose powder that is good for you.

Bonitinha

Just got Star Dust blush and the quad. I about died when I opened Star Dust and saw all of the multi sparkles. So gorgeous!! It is like pixie dust in a pan
th_thstars.gif
But not too sparkly. I have it on right now and I don't feel like a disco ball or anything.

Now to try the quad. I already have my eyes done, but I can't wait to do a look with it later!

Bonitinha

I'd also like to know if the difference is the same between the baked and non-baked eye shadow quads? It seems like the non-baked quads are preferred? The round eye shadow quads on Chanel's website are baked, correct?
In the US, we usually get the non baked quads (except for LE releases). My quads all have the square pans, except for Topkapi and this new holiday quad, which have the round quilted pattern. I have heard that the color payoff is not as good with the baked quads, and sometimes they can get hard. But some people actually prefer that formula -- hard to know.
I have on Prelude quad today and it is an amazing neutral quad. Texture is fab.

CartoonChic

In the US, we usually get the non baked quads (except for LE releases). My quads all have the square pans, except for Topkapi and this new holiday quad, which have the round quilted pattern. I have heard that the color payoff is not as good with the baked quads, and sometimes they can get hard. But some people actually prefer that formula -- hard to know. I have on Prelude quad today and it is an amazing neutral quad. Texture is fab.
Thanks! Prelude and Lilium are on my wishlist. Along with Spices because a MUA used that quad on me at a Beauty event and it was a very pretty neutral look.

Shadowy Lady

Ughhh I feel now that I need Star Dust, I kinda ignored it at the counter and maybe I shouldn't have.

Elegant One - Your pictures are always the best! Abstraction is beautiful! I feel that it would look great on someone with blue eyes especially *cough cough Kate*
poke.gif

Dominique33

All baked eyeshadows will soon be reformulated ( not enough pigmentsq in those quads ) and single regular eyeshadows will be completely reformulated ( considered as bad here ).
I have 4 quads and I agree, even several layers provide no good coverage but makeups are very subtle and pretty, so I hope this reformulation will be good.
Blushes have a solid ( and very very good ) reputation, no reformulation ( at least in Europe ) but new shades ( we now have Rouge, Ultra Rose, Malice and Tumulte they are gorgeous and I often wear them ! ).

Latest posts