Chanel Les 4 Ombres - 2014 Eye Collection

Haven

holysheep.gif
Is right Haven! You really do like everyone of them?
thud.gif
Do not tell me this. I have 5 and I was prepared to stop there---ok so that's not quite true.
I was suppressing for now, my interest in Mademoiselle. BTW, which new YSL palettes are you referring to? Did I miss something?
I know that they will all end up in my stash at some point. I just need to pace myself since they are $$. I even like the blue themed one, and I usually shy away from blue themed palettes.

I was referring to the YSL 5 Color Couture palettes. I have purchased a few of those and was contemplating more, but now I have officially shifted my focus and $$ to Chanel's new palettes.

Icecaramellatte

Yeah, I know I've past the point of no return with my makeup addiction when, with all the eyeshadow I have I still want every single one of these palettes. But alas, I've spent my expendable cash for the month.
I went to Nordies to get Tisse Venetien. Why oh why did I swatch the rest of them? Love them all! I had a hard time deciding what to do. Tisse Venetien was my #1 pick but it didn't stand out as unique to my collection. Plus it looks a bit fall like to me. Not that we must stick to certain shades for certain seasons but I do like to wear certain looks more in certain seasons. I really liked Vendome. I love love peach/coral shades but they don't always show up true on my eyes for some reason. This one was just vibrant to work but . . . I bought YSL summer palette with similar shades. So I swatched the coral shade and then walked over to the YSL counter to swatch the similar color from the palette. Well, they are almost the same. I think I liked the shimmer a bit more in the Chanel and the Chanel shade was a touch pinker. That doesn't mean I would not get the Chanel. I was just trying to narrow down the "must buy today palettes." The mix of the coral and blue in the YSL palette is nice and really pops for summer but I could see myself using the Chanel mix of shades more throughout the year. So Vendome was off the "must buy today" list. I really liked the one with the pink too. It says spring/summer the most to me. Plus I love a good pink shade. I swatched the Mademoiselle too and liked it but didn't feel it was a must have until I swatched the darkest shade and it inched up on my list. But I really liked Gabrielle. I felt it was the most unique to my collection - at least as far as the combo of shades go. So I was quite torn. Venetien, Gabrielle, Vendome and the pink one whose name escapes me right now. I ended up getting Venetien as I figured I'd regret not getting it, and Gabrielle. Now since I want all of them too I must figure out how I can get more as I don't think I can wait too long.

The rest of today's haul included the Marron Glace eyeliner and Songe glossimer. I meant to get Hesitation too but it wasn't out or on the display so I put it out of my mind.

kath00

Oh dear, this site is bad for my pocketbook. Not only did I order the illuminator yesterday, but I broke down and ordered the green/venitien quad just now! AAAAH! I cannot wait!
Got the illuminator today in the mail. Wow, like 24h turn around from Nordies. BUT, it looks like it has been swatched already!!! And I didn't get samples. Plus there was a barcode on it. So I am assuming it came from a store. I don't mind that part but I am annoyed at the no samples AND that it looks a wee bit used. Trying to decide what to do. I have never had this happen before!

Icecaramellatte

Got the illuminator today in the mail. Wow, like 24h turn around from Nordies. BUT, it looks like it has been swatched already!!! And I didn't get samples. Plus there was a barcode on it. So I am assuming it came from a store. I don't mind that part but I am annoyed at the no samples AND that it looks a wee bit used. Trying to decide what to do. I have never had this happen before!
Oh no that is horrible! I was going to say that they send the samples separate many times but since it came from the store I'm not sure. I'm getting 2 boxes tomorrow but I only ordered one item so I know the second box is samples. If I knew ahead of time, I would not even add any samples to my order.

Medgal07

I know that they will all end up in my stash at some point. I just need to pace myself since they are $$. I even like the blue themed one, and I usually shy away from blue themed palettes.

I was referring to the YSL 5 Color Couture palettes. I have purchased a few of those and was contemplating more, but now I have officially shifted my focus and $$ to Chanel's new palettes.
These palettes are very addictive. I think the blue themed palette, Tissé Riviera is very pretty. I have to stay away from you Haven because you'll have me buying them all
girlhaha.gif

I also purchased several of the YSL palettes---I've only worn two, and hands down palette Fétiche is my absolute favorite----so far.

Medgal07

I went to Nordies to get Tisse Venetien. Why oh why did I swatch the rest of them? Love them all! I had a hard time deciding what to do. Tisse Venetien was my #1 pick but it didn't stand out as unique to my collection. Plus it looks a bit fall like to me. Not that we must stick to certain shades for certain seasons but I do like to wear certain looks more in certain seasons. I really liked Vendome. I love love peach/coral shades but they don't always show up true on my eyes for some reason. This one was just vibrant to work but . . . I bought YSL summer palette with similar shades. So I swatched the coral shade and then walked over to the YSL counter to swatch the similar color from the palette. Well, they are almost the same. I think I liked the shimmer a bit more in the Chanel and the Chanel shade was a touch pinker. That doesn't mean I would not get the Chanel. I was just trying to narrow down the "must buy today palettes." The mix of the coral and blue in the YSL palette is nice and really pops for summer but I could see myself using the Chanel mix of shades more throughout the year. So Vendome was off the "must buy today" list. I really liked the one with the pink too. It says spring/summer the most to me. Plus I love a good pink shade. I swatched the Mademoiselle too and liked it but didn't feel it was a must have until I swatched the darkest shade and it inched up on my list. But I really liked Gabrielle. I felt it was the most unique to my collection - at least as far as the combo of shades go. So I was quite torn. Venetien, Gabrielle, Vendome and the pink one whose name escapes me right now. I ended up getting Venetien as I figured I'd regret not getting it, and Gabrielle. Now since I want all of them too I must figure out how I can get more as I don't think I can wait too long.

The rest of today's haul included the Marron Glace eyeliner and Songe glossimer. I meant to get Hesitation too but it wasn't out or on the display so I put it out of my mind.
pompom.gif
REALLY GREAT haul ICL!!!! You must go back for Hesitation---it's gorgeous!

Medgal07

Ugh---that really sucks. I'm now nervous because mine should arrive any day now.
thud.gif

kath00

I am sure it will be fine. I called Nordstrom CS tonight and told them what happened. They could not have been nicer. Told me they are overnighting a replacement and a free shipping label to send back the "used" one. She was fully apologetic.

And yes, apparently the samples will come in a separate package. A little silly but oh well. Too late now.

Medgal07

Checking Saks.com every day for these; I ought to give it a rest!
Finally AWS!!!!

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446723379&R=3145891642261&P_name=CHANEL&N=4294907777+306610840&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306610840&bmUID=kt7AqGd

Beauty911

The gorgeous highlighter came today. It is stunning. my first chanel highlighter. I don't know if I can bring myself to use it. I swiped a very small corner of it to test it. It just glows. I also have the Poesie quad. I ordered the rivoli quid with inonence blush and one of the new ysl baby doll lippies. I got one of the nude ones. Y'all are such a bad influence!:eyelove: I plan on collecting all of these new quads except the green and blue one.

awickedshape

sarabeautime

Finally AWS!!!!

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446723379&R=3145891642261&P_name=CHANEL&N=4294907777+306610840&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306610840&bmUID=kt7AqGd
But they don't have Poesie right?
ssad.gif

MissTania

@MissTania, did you see this?
Thanks
eyelove.gif

I am on an eyeshadow no buy, due to eye allergies.

I so wish I could order the new Chanel, Dior and YSL palettes!!

I hope you can get some without too much trouble, they look lovely.

A friend of mine is going to help me with a Macy's order with some MAC items.

I did a Nordies order with Lancome and NARS and the Lancome has shipped already so that's nice.

awickedshape

Thanks:eyelove: I am on an eyeshadow no buy, due to eye allergies. I so wish I could order the new Chanel, Dior and YSL palettes!! I hope you can get some without too much trouble, they look lovely. A friend of mine is going to help me with a Macy's order with some MAC items. I did a Nordies order with Lancome and NARS and the Lancome has shipped already so that's nice.
I would like to get two of the quads. We'll see!

Medgal07

The gorgeous highlighter came today. It is stunning. my first chanel highlighter. I don't know if I can bring myself to use it. I swiped a very small corner of it to test it. It just glows. I also have the Poesie quad. I ordered the rivoli quid with inonence blush and one of the new ysl baby doll lippies. I got one of the nude ones. Y'all are such a bad influence!
eyelove.gif
I plan on collecting all of these new quads except the green and blue one.
yahoo.gif
Yay Beauty911. What an awesome haul! We always say about these pretty highlighters that are too pretty
to disturb, just work the outer perimeters!! Either that, or buy two!!! I hope you love everything, but above
all, just ENJOY!!!!!