Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

elegant-one

And on a second topic...for those who have seen Chance irl...is it bright or soft? And is it Gaga(one)-like at all?

No, none of the colors are bright - well maybe Sari d is about the most colorful but still wearable pretty. I believe Romance is more colorful/pinker than Chance. Chance is really pretty. All the colors are so wearable. Nothing is in the Gaga range at all.

elegant-one

Well, I liked Elise the first time I swatched it, but it was far down on my list of preference, but I didn't care for it as much when I swatched it the second time. I guess it could have been Nordies lighting, but it seemed a tad to brownish/dark to me the second time. Its a little hard to remember though.

elegant-one

When she closes her eyes at least in some parts I think it looks more like she uses one shade all over with a highlight in the middle, just over the iris, rather than what is explained in the looks. In the looks they do what you say with the darker shade Miss QQ. I often do that as well. But I never use more than 2 shades anymore.

One last one....I do that too. I don't use a bunch of colors but I do highlight over the pupil - like a soft white or slight shimmer champagne ivory. A lot of times I use just a pat from that middle copper zipper in the MAC mineral es that everyone else hates - but I always get complements when I use it It makes my eye color pop. I need to see that video as I haven't watched it yet.

I just took a peak at the pdf looks. Oh those MU looks are absolutely classic stunning & so Chanel. love them

cutemiauw

On my hand, yes, I'd say it's a similar tone, with Antigone slightly lighter than Bonheur.

Btw, I got Monte Carlo yesterday. Such a pretty summery pink color on my lips
love.gif
. I love the sheerness feel to it, which is why I'm so attracted to RCS (I don't like opaque l/s). What I'm not too crazy about is the smell (yikes!). Does all Chanel lippies smell like this?

Winthrop44

Yes, they all have a rose/floral fragrance, in fact the Shines have less than most I'm afraid. Thanks for the comparison!

Quote: Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I think they use the same eyeshadow in the video, and I guess it is misty-soft too. I need to try this modern eye look and not having to use 3 or 4 shades. But I'm heavy lidded and like to use a darker shade at the outer lids to "open" my eyes. Need to experiment.

I was just looking at the Summer collection chart again over at Karla's and I wonder if that eye could really be the grey and the beige from the Lilium quad that will be coming out. Hard to say if what we're seeing as having a little lilac in it on our monitors really does.

Bonitinha

Quote: Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Btw, I got Monte Carlo yesterday. Such a pretty summery pink color on my lips
love.gif
. I love the sheerness feel to it, which is why I'm so attracted to RCS (I don't like opaque l/s). What I'm not too crazy about is the smell (yikes!). Does all Chanel lippies smell like this?

I hope the scent isn't too strong! I don't mind the scent of the other Chanel lippies I have -- but I have to say that I like that the Dior ones are unscented.
Still haven't narrowed down my list from 5 of the Coco Shines that I want -- that is probably excessive lol

Miss QQ

^^ I like the scent of Chanel lipsticks. It is part of the luxurious experience for me. When I put on my sample of Aventure, the scent seems weaker than the RC.

I was just looking at the Summer collection chart again over at Karla's and I wonder if that eye could really be the grey and the beige from the Lilium quad that will be coming out. Hard to say if what we're seeing as having a little lilac in it on our monitors really does.
You may be right about the summer quad! We have forgotten about it. I think it is highly possible for Chanel to use the new quad for these "summer" lippies which are light and glossy. If the grey is so pretty I'm getting the quad.

Good thing the RC Shines are perm! It's so hard to decide which to buy first. What is vanessa paradis wearing in the promo pic? Boy?

More pics of the Shines! I love the one where all the lipsticks are arranged in a circle.

http://lachanelphile.com/

elegant-one

i have been using this one recently! it's a lovely pink with a hint of red! and because it's so sheer and glossy it makes is really wearable for the daytime! :)
Oh you got MC?! I'm sure that it looks lovely on you - your kinda color for sure.

LMD84

Oh you got MC?! I'm sure that it looks lovely on you - your kinda color for sure.
i got it in the little blister pack that the MA kindly gave to me when i bought the foundation and powder! MC is my favourite one so i shall be buying that. i was hoping to get it this month but it's Nick's birthday and i should really be spending my money on him and not myself right?! and thanks! it is totally my colour! bold but not so bold that my area manager will comment if he sees me wearing it!

Bonitinha

No it's not that strong, it only lingers for a few moment I think.. Even if I didn't like it, it's not something that'll keep me off from buying it again
greengrin.gif

I think all of the RCS are so pretty! I want them all too
girlhaha.gif
(except the shades that doesn't show up on me). I pick Monte Carlo first because it's the lip color I want for warmer weather. I wore it all this weekend
love.gif
, we had such a gorgeous weather in Berlin.
OK, good. I do like the scent of the Rouge Allures -- but I don't care for extremely strong scented products (which is why I can't wear YSL lippies/glosses). I am so sensitive to scents! Yep, I have too many that I want!! But I am loving the glossy colors -- they are so yummy!!

Winthrop44

Well I ordered Rebelle and Chance. Hoping to get the little RCS sample card in the order (but I realize that may be too much to hope for). I need to see the others in person. I'll eventually get either Antigone or Bonheur, and I'm still undecided on Romance, Aventure, Monte Carlo and Liberte.

elegant-one

Well I ordered Rebelle and Chance. Hoping to get the little RCS sample card in the order (but I realize that may be too much to hope for). I need to see the others in person. I'll eventually get either Antigone or Bonheur, and I'm still undecided on Romance, Aventure, Monte Carlo and Liberte.
Where did you order yours from?

elegant-one

I think that I'm going to order Romance, Chance & Evasion to start.

How many are you guys going to order in your first order???
girlhaha.gif

mrslid

Yup I'm thinking 3 is the number for me too: Romance, Bonheur and Rebelle. Although I'm sorely tempted to order 4 since it doesn't feel right not having a peachy or browny shade in there. But I figure 3 it's nuts enough considering I don't even know if I'll like the formula! LOL

Bonitinha

^^I was looking for that virtual store on the Chanel FB page, but couldn't find it. LOL I must be blind! Is there a certain tab you click on?

Latest posts