Chanel Nail Polishes

sarabeautime

Here are some swatches of #645 Paradisio

http://chahevu.blogspot.de/2014/11/etwas-fruhlingshaftes.html

For some reason I wished it would a tad edgier/greener.

Filmfreak

I would have liked a bit more green in the mix, but I still like the colour. That goes definitely on my list for spring.

Medgal07

I would have liked a bit more green in the mix, but I still like the colour. That goes definitely on my list for spring.
Have you gotten the spring NPs?? They're out and I ordered all three. Tenderly is gorgeous. @elegant-one has amazing swatches over
in the Chanel Spring 2015 thread.

See the collex here: http://www.temptalia.com

Filmfreak

Have you gotten the spring NPs?? They're out and I ordered all three. Tenderly is gorgeous. @elegant-one has amazing swatches over
in the Chanel Spring 2015 thread.

See the collex here: http://www.temptalia.com
The collection isn't available here yet. I'm still undecided about Paradisio, after seeing new swatches. Sabrina from BLB has all three NPs as well and it looks just white there.
Tenderly is very pretty, but I would have liked something more unusual.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
The collection isn't available here yet. I'm still undecided about Paradisio, after seeing new swatches. Sabrina from BLB has all three NPs as well and it looks just white there.
I'm so torn about Paradisio. I think it's a pretty colour, but it looks a little streaky. And I'd only like to wear a shade like that sheer with one coat, I don't like it in swatches where it's worn with several coats.

Medgal07

As far as NP goes, Paradisio is definitely an acquired taste.

ashievic

Macy's, NM all have them. I love all three. 645 will become a polish that is highly sought. Due to it being so different. Think of Peridot and such.

Filmfreak

I think I'll keep it on my list. Luckily we have a perfumery in the small city where I live, that has all the regular Chanel collections (just not the holiday ones, grrr). The items are rarely sold out there, so I won't have to rush to get Paradisio.

claudestrawberr

I agree. I think it's one that I really like on others, but not sure would look good with my skin tone? I also find i'm not very good at applying pale metallic colours - I seem to always get streaks.

Medgal07

I think I'll keep it on my list. Luckily we have a perfumery in the small city where I live, that has all the regular Chanel collections (just not the holiday ones, grrr). The items are rarely sold out there, so I won't have to rush to get Paradisio.
That's great FilmFreak, but why don't they carry the holiday collections???

Medgal07

I agree. I think it's one that I really like on others, but not sure would look good with my skin tone? I also find i'm not very good at applying pale metallic colours - I seem to always get streaks.
It definitely requires a measure of patience and at least two coats
girlhaha.gif

Filmfreak

That's great FilmFreak, but why don't they carry the holiday collections???
Only a few selected shops in Germany have the holiday collections, and to be honest I have no idea why. I've once asked the Douglas customer service (Douglas is a big cosmetics cahin in Germany) and they told me it's Chanel's decision, not theirs. I think it's one of those idiotic "let's make everything we can super-exclusive" marketing strategies that nobody understands because it just angers the customers.
We also never got any explanation why we all received inferior versions of the eyeshadow quads for such a long time instead of the US version. The blushes are still different - or only sometimes, i don't know.

urbis

Only a few selected shops in Germany have the holiday collections, and to be honest I have no idea why. I've once asked the Douglas customer service (Douglas is a big cosmetics cahin in Germany) and they told me it's Chanel's decision, not theirs. I think it's one of those idiotic "let's make everything we can super-exclusive" marketing strategies that nobody understands because it just angers the customers. We also never got any explanation why we all received inferior versions of the eyeshadow quads for such a long time instead of the US version. The blushes are still different - or only sometimes, i don't know.
Really? Only few shops have the holiday? Here in Italy the collection is easily available, of course not in the supermarkets, but you can buy it in a lot of shops. Of course, douglas does not have Chanel : chanel revoked the commercial agreement years ago.

Filmfreak

Really? Only few shops have the holiday? Here in Italy the collection is easily available, of course not in the supermarkets, but you can buy it in a lot of shops. Of course, douglas does not have Chanel : chanel revoked the commercial agreement years ago.
Urbis, over here Douglas still has Chanel, just not the holiday products. They usually have all the regular collections and everything ( I think) of the permanent line. The holiday collections usually are available in some bigger luxury department stores, like the Kadewe in Berlin or Breuninger in Stuttgart. And it's even more difficult to order the holiday products online. I wanted to have some alternatives, so I checked out Harrod's, but they didn't have the highlighter.

Germany really is a desert when it comes to cosmetics!
th_mad0217.gif