Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Miss QQ

I walked by the counter today and eyed the dummy longingly, lol. Then I forgot to swatch OR again. I remembered it looked very warm on me, which is why I don't feel I need to have it. I love the prints of the highlighter so much that I wish Chanel gave me the dummy instead of a snow globe last year. Ingenue - Gorgeous as always! OR looks amazing on your skin tone!

CartoonChic

My Santal was soft & just fine, but yes my OR is def. harder. & I wish it was waay creamier! I warmed it up & it was better but still not as soft as I would like. Env. is a soft sheerer burgundy plum with beautiful gold shimmy.

I was wonder if the liner looked different because it was touched up for the magazine, or yes, computer screens. I want to know :)
What is old shimmer....are you making fun of my age (jk)
lol.gif

It has very pretty G emphasis on the "G" .....old shimmer
girlhaha.gif
Lol, oops! Didn't notice that typo. Old is never a word I would use to describe you. It just doesn't fit.
nonono.gif

BuickMackane

According to beautyscene it will launch the 18 of January (next friday) http://www.beautyscene.nl/p/142527/printemps_precieux_de_chanel_lente_make-up_collectie_2013. Launch dates are not that specific here and store might release it a bit earlier or later. I would check again next week to be sure you don't miss out.
Well, that makes more sense than a Spring collex being released in March. The poor SAs will probably get sick of seeing me every other day until the collection is finally in.

Beautyscene doesn't say selected stores only so I'm guessing my local will have this collection. I was hoping for a bla bla % off multiple makeup items type promotion but I doubt there'll be one before March. I'm considering delaying my purchase until a promo comes up but I don't want to risk the highlighter being sold out. Last year's Beiges Artifices stayed around for quite a bit (my store still has it on display) but I have a feeling Poudre Signee will sell out pretty quickly.

Shypo

My OR is fine - I decided to open it to see (I was just going to send it back) - it's just as smooth as Santal is, so I agree with Winthrop that there must be batch to batch issues. I would try again -- I used it on my waterline last night and it was beautiful.

And yes, I think that's Clair on that model too........

I am seriously considering getting another highlighter - I don't think the plastic one would do me
girlhaha.gif

Shypo

So which of you ladies has Envoutante (Elegant, I know you do, and I think Winthrop ordered it), Precieuse, Fantasque and Captivante? What do you you think?

I have La Favorite and L'Eclatante, but did not order any of the other lip colors from the collection. I saw Karen's swatches on Makeup and Beauty Blog, but her coloring is substantially darker than mine, so I'm wondering how these might look on me (I'm trying to avoid the mall if I can).

I'd appreciate any opinions on these colors! TIA!!

CartoonChic

So which of you ladies has Envoutante (Elegant, I know you do, and I think Winthrop ordered it), Precieuse, Fantasque and Captivante? What do you you think?

I have La Favorite and L'Eclatante, but did not order any of the other lip colors from the collection. I saw Karen's swatches on Makeup and Beauty Blog, but her coloring is substantially darker than mine, so I'm wondering how these might look on me (I'm trying to avoid the mall if I can).

Good grief. I must be seriously out of it. I actually do have Envoutante and it's a lovely purple shade. I got it mixed up with Captivante, which is the one I still need to get along with L'Eclatante. I'm not sure if Precieuse and Fantasque will be too pale for me, and those are the two LE shades.

I'm also contemplating another highlighter. I need to snap out of it!
lecture.gif

Rads

This is how Envoutante looks on me...sorry the pic is watermarked..hope that's all right!

Shypo

No, that is helpful - I was afraid it was a really deep purple but it seems like it's a great berry color! Thanks for taking the photo! I think I can make it work!
yahoo.gif

Rads

Naaah is not scary dark purple...it looks scary but swatches sort of sheer. There is shimmer in the lipstick but doesn't show up that much when you apply it - that's what probably sheers out the color though, I guess.

Shypo

Yay! That's what I was hoping for - think I might check it out this week - as if I need one more lipstick to add to the 458210642 others I have.
nope.gif
th_rolleye0014.gif

Slimmycakes

I did it! I joined the team and purchased the highlighter. OMG the texture is so divine. And the packaging! Anyone still debating just do it, I even convinced a customer at the counter to purchase it.
yahoo.gif
I went ahead and purchased Fracas, Accessoire, and L'Eclatante. Lovveeee L'Eclatane. It's such an everyday wearable bright pink.

Miss QQ

Is L'Eclatante like Joyeuse RA in terms of colour? I don't care for the RAV formula, but L'Elclatante looks bright while still feminine and sophisticated. Does the two new RAVs feel like the same on the lips as the earlier RAVs?

elegant-one

No, that is helpful - I was afraid it was a really deep purple but it seems like it's a great berry color! Thanks for taking the photo! I think I can make it work!
yahoo.gif
Oops, haven't been here to answer. Its a beautiful berry plum, sheer with beautiful good gold shimmy! I think you would like it. I really do

elegant-one

Sounds absolutely perfect... I think I need...
I think they did the color just right. Its beautiful & yet still looks modern/youthful. Sometimes these shades can make us old ladies....well, look older
whistle.gif
But as usual, Chanel did it just right.

I am also REALLY REALLY loving Guerlains 761 Flirt lipstick - GORGEOUS on
love.gif
Its a beautiful raspberry color