Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy your new lipstick! Can you do a comparison with other bright pinks you have? I'm debating if I have to get it because I don't like the formula but love the colour.

Doll

Hello Chanel ladies, I'm new to this website. I NEED to report to you ladies that I own both rouge allure velvets from the spring 2013 collection. Don't be afraid of the formula these are NOT drying as the previous rouge allure velvets. Both are LOVELY and sophisticated shades for spring. :eyelove:

elegant-one

Both are LOVELY and sophisticated shades for spring.
eyelove.gif
Welcome!

Dominique33

^^ Enjoy your new lipstick! Can you do a comparison with other bright pinks you have? I'm debating if I have to get it because I don't like the formula but love the colour.
Thank you. It's a bright and soft shade at the same time. I have a few very bright rose lipsticks such as Nars Schiap or M.A.C Full Fuschia ( I don't own Party parrot and I don't intend to purchase it but I called MAC and Strength is to be launched on February the 7th or the 14 th so wait and see ).
Chanel L'Eclatante is much more wearable than any bright rose lipstick. Typically it is really a spring colour. I would not advise to wear it for fall or winter days, unlike other Chanel lipsticks I am thinking of Rouges Coco in Charme, Paradis, Chintz, etc.. Those are wearable in each season ( in my own experience I mean ). L'Eclatante deserves its name ! It is bright but yes easily wearable though. Schiap is much more brighter and not so easy to wear even for spring. It's like a "neon " lipstick. L'Eclatante is not like that, and it makes a huge difference I think.

Dominique33

specktra_welcome.gif
That is really great to hear as I've found the Velvets really drying.
The Chanel Velvets are quite drying. Much more than the Burberry Velvets which have a perfect formula. The Chanel formula is not as good but the shades are pretty. I much prefer the Burberry Velvet lipsticks. A+ for the Burberry Velvets and B + for the Chanel ones if I could rate them ( formula and drying issues )

katred

Specktra Bestie
Both are LOVELY and sophisticated shades for spring.
eyelove.gif
Thanks for the head's up and welcome to Specktra! I was looking at the two shades today because I found the collection in stores. I'm waiting for it to show up in another store where I get loyalty points, but I couldn't resist picking up Merveille. I did like the look of the two Velvets, so I might go back for them. I am absolutely going for the Poudre Signe and Envoutante, which is even more beautiful than I imagined. A few other things are up for debate. I'll have to go to another counter that doesn't have the atrocious lighting that this one does.

duku

I didn't realise this was released today in the UK! Struggling to decide what to get. My heart says go with La Favorite but I have so many corals... Kate from Gh0stparties did a blog post on a few of the items, LF looks great on her http://www.gh0stparties.com/2013/01/chanel-spring-13-collection.html

elegant-one

I was I had your name, then everybody could call me Doll
love.gif
greengrin.gif

which may be better than other things I get called
girlhaha.gif

Today I wore the darkest shade in the quad just up to the crease, then MAC's new poise blush swept just above the crease, then over poise, kind of on the crease I did a light application of the copper shade from MAC's new Winter Pursuit. I then used the darkest shade again just under my lower lashline liner & added just a thin bit of the copper again just under that. I thought it looked beautiful together.

elegant-one

Kate from Gh0stparties did a blog post on a few of the items, LF looks great on her http://www.gh0stparties.com/2013/01/chanel-spring-13-collection.html
She is SOOOOO adorable! I love her hair & eyes!!! Beryl looks great on her

Medgal07

I was I had your name, then everybody could call me Doll
love.gif
greengrin.gif

which may be better than other things I get called
girlhaha.gif

Today I wore the darkest shade in the quad just up to the crease, then MAC's new poise blush swept just above the crease, then over poise, kind of on the crease I did a light application of the copper shade from MAC's new Winter Pursuit. I then used the darkest shade again just under my lower lashline liner & added just a thin bit of the copper again just under that. I thought it looked beautiful together.
lmao.gif
re: the name, etc.
The look you created sounds amazing! I think I missed out on the creative gene and/or I just don't give myself the time warranted to come up with these amazing combos.
th_dunno.gif

Miss QQ

So what's the verdict on Beryl? Here, Lisa Eldridge uses it on the waterline and upper lash liner and I like the effect. I swatched a fresh tester yesterday and it was dry and broke. http://lisaeldridge.com/video/25599/quick-brightening-make-up/ I picked up RA Extatique instead of L'Eclatante because Extatique is cooler while Eclatante was more yellow. I'm going through on a hot pink phase at the moment and wanted to pick up Ultra Rose JC too, but I shall wait and see if the phase can pass before I buy it. :p The SA was wearing the spring collection, Raffinement, Eclatante and the blush, and she looked beautiful. Since Raffinement is perm, I'm happy to pick it up later on if I cave.