Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

elegant-one

Miss QQ - Thanks for that link. She looked amazing! Beryl really works on her. And I love how she used it over her top lash line - I will have to try that too.

Doll

Aww thank you you're all soooo sweet. Elegant-one I will try to recreate your look, I'm not very good at the creative part.

Pinkdollface

I'm going to get the highlighter today if it's in store already! And I'm also going to pick up the Horizon blush from spring 2012. A store I went to for my Guerlain fix was able to track it down
pompom.gif

PlumpGirlGuide

Hi, everyone, I am new here, Always have been an avid reader, the tips and the exposure to all things Chanel is really awesome and I am loving the brand more and more as the days goes by. Hope that I can contribute much and learn much much more from you lovelies. And a quick question, Is Envoutante a light (buildable) plum with silver shimmer? Because on my NC45 type of skintone, it pulled off a cool tone. Was wondering about it.
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

Hi, everyone, I am new here, Always have been an avid reader, the tips and the exposure to all things Chanel is really awesome and I am loving the brand more and more as the days goes by. Hope that I can contribute much and learn much much more from you lovelies. And a quick question, Is Envoutante a light (buildable) plum with silver shimmer? Because on my NC45 type of skintone, it pulled off a cool tone. Was wondering about it.
greengrin.gif
I LOVE your pic! Yes, I would say that your description of Env. is right on. Its a beautiful color on. So do you already have it, or are you thinking about getting it? Just go to page 23 of this thread & there are a few pics of it & swatches on different skin tones.

th_770016001157748873-final.gif

khhmakeup

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account. For the Canadian ladies who have purchased from this collection, are we stuck with the round pan-baked formula still for the eyeshadow quad? My local (one and only Chanel counter that sells cosmetics) called last night to let me know they have their collection in. I don't like socializing with the manager who seems to be there everyday so I was hoping to get in and get out quick. (Cannot wait to relocate to Ottawa in a few months so I will have more Chanel counters and am closer to Bloor st. Toronto Holt Renfrew). Is the highlighter worth the price tag?

Caise

I am still waiting :-( this collection hasn't been released here yet and I can't find it online :-( I want this highlighter so bad....

cheburaha

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account. For the Canadian ladies who have purchased from this collection, are we stuck with the round pan-baked formula still for the eyeshadow quad? My local (one and only Chanel counter that sells cosmetics) called last night to let me know they have their collection in. I don't like socializing with the manager who seems to be there everyday so I was hoping to get in and get out quick. (Cannot wait to relocate to Ottawa in a few months so I will have more Chanel counters and am closer to Bloor st. Toronto Holt Renfrew). Is the highlighter worth the price tag?Welcom
Hi khhmakeup! In Canada (I'm in Toronto) we have the regular round es quad. And yes, the highlighter definitely worth it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Nice to see some newcomers on the site! Welcome to you all!

Sadly, we do have the round/ baked formula shadows in Canada once again. The colour payoff seems not bad, but I couldn't help but notice that the shades didn't look as plummy/ warm as they did in swatches I've seen of the American version. Could've been the lighting at my counter, which was terrible.

I'm going to try very hard to just limit myself to Envoutante and the highlight powder- aside from Merveille, which I bought already and Sable Emouvante, which I bought when it came out last year.

Dominique33

Hi khhmakeup! In Canada (I'm in Toronto) we have the regular round es quad. And yes, the highlighter definitely worth it!
Yes the highlighter is gorgeous, the packaging is classy and the sponge well unexpectedly useful too. The US quad looks beautiful, the round one is clearly a bit disappointing, the 4 colours are all sason ones but I thought it would be prettier.

Medgal07

I picked up RA Extatique instead of L'Eclatante because Extatique is cooler while Eclatante was more yellow. I'm going through on a hot pink phase at the moment and wanted to pick up Ultra Rose JC too, but I shall wait and see if the phase can pass before I buy it.
tong.gif
The SA was wearing the spring collection, Raffinement, Eclatante and the blush, and she looked beautiful. Since Raffinement is perm, I'm happy to pick it up later on if I cave.
That's too bad about Beryl...I watched the vid...it looked lovely. I opted for L'Eclatante & Precieuse, Raffinement, Poudre Signee Illuminating Powder & Fracas Nail Lacquer.
Enjoy Extatique!!! I just might 'need' that one too.
girlhaha.gif

khhmakeup

Thanks ladies! I'll probably pick up the highlighter then and skip on the quad. The nice thing about living close to the states and the quad being permanent is being able to take a weekend trip and pick one up. Sad that Canadians not only pay more, but the product quality isn't as good as the U.S.

Miss QQ

My counters get the round quad too and I find the pigmentation good and I can see the plummy tones. But from the pictures and swatches the square ones I've seen online, the round ones seem to be less brown/warm, and more eggplant. Still gorgeous on, which I saw from the SAs who were wearing it.

shadowaddict

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to bite the bullet and create an account. For the Canadian ladies who have purchased from this collection, are we stuck with the round pan-baked formula still for the eyeshadow quad? My local (one and only Chanel counter that sells cosmetics) called last night to let me know they have their collection in. I don't like socializing with the manager who seems to be there everyday so I was hoping to get in and get out quick. (Cannot wait to relocate to Ottawa in a few months so I will have more Chanel counters and am closer to Bloor st. Toronto Holt Renfrew). Is the highlighter worth the price tag?
specktra_welcome.gif

YES!!! Every single penny. It is absolutely gorgeous in pan and on skin.

BuickMackane

I'm going to get the highlighter today if it's in store already! And I'm also going to pick up the Horizon blush from spring 2012. A store I went to for my Guerlain fix was able to track it down
pompom.gif
Awesome! The Douglas website has some items from the collection listed but not the highlighter. Booo! I was going to check my local ICIParisXL this morning on my way to work but I decided not to because the peeps there are totally in the dark about the collection and I'm sick of looking at their blank faces each time I go in to ask. I think I'll be able to find it R'dam on Friday.

How are you liking your Horizon btw?

CartoonChic

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Welcome to all the new members!

@Prettypackages - Raffinement is indeed pretty and you should get it. But it's also permanent, so there's no rush. I still haven't picked up Prelude yet. I think I'm saving it to help me qualify for another GWP buy.

petit

Awesome! The Douglas website has some items from the collection listed but not the highlighter. Booo! I was going to check my local ICIParisXL this morning on my way to work but I decided not to because the peeps there are totally in the dark about the collection and I'm sick of looking at their blank faces each time I go in to ask. I think I'll be able to find it R'dam on Friday.

Hi! I've never posted here before but always lurked, just wanted to let you know that de Bijenkorf in Rotterdam has been selling the entire new collection since last week! Might be a better option than ici Paris haha.

Pinkdollface

I haven't tried Horizon or the highlighter yet, but they sure look pretty in their pans! I just have gotten so many new powders that I had to try. The Douglas stores in Eindhoven and the Mooi parfumery had the collection already, but I haven't spotted it in any ICI Paris XL's yet. I also think I've seen the powder on Douglas online this weekend, but now I don't see it either anymore.