Charged Water vs. Fix+ Spray?

kileencheng

Re: Charged Waters

I just bought the Renewal Defense Charged Waters bottle and I'm in LOVE! This stuff makes my skin look tight and glowy. I saw a memo that the MA had that pointed out different features of each spray. This one apparently has ingredients to help fight off free radicals and other environmental toxins. After using it for a week, I really feel like my skin is healthier. I'm absolutely addicted to this stuff. The peachy-smell is an instant refresher too.

I seriously hope MAC makes this product permanent!!
smiles.gif

kileencheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrabassoon
You guys got me all excited about these now! Could these be used as alternatives for primer?

i personally use them before and after i put on makeup. i just love the glow and it makes me feel so fresh!

user79

I'm wondering, in the summer, would these products make you look "sweaty"? I'm all about controlling shine and sweat in the hot months, so I wouldn't want this product to enhance that...

kileencheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I'm wondering, in the summer, would these products make you look "sweaty"? I'm all about controlling shine and sweat in the hot months, so I wouldn't want this product to enhance that...

For me, the Charged Waters mist is much lighter and finer than Fix+. I've found that Fix+ leaves big water droplets that don't evaporate very quickly and can sometimes make me look a bit sweaty (I live in Austin, TX where it's very hot and humid already). The Charged Waters mist is much finer and dries faster. I MUCH prefer Charged Waters over Fix+ for that reason too. I can really use this anytime of day and it doesn't make me look like I'm melting.

MisStarrlight

Quote:

There is no glycerin in Charged Waters so they are significantly less shiny.

BlahWah

So for oily skin there isn't much difference for which I'd like to get? One MA said Renewal was more to replenish lost hydration, without much comment on the other two. With oily skin I'm not sure if I need to replenish moisture! I'm thinking of getting Revival, if it helps my foundation (Select spf) look more natural.
th_dunno.gif

Jacq-i

I got Revitalizing Energy last week and I love it!
smiles.gif

It smells fantastic and feels really nice.
smiles.gif

powderpaint

i just bought the renewal charged water and used it before foundation, my skin felt smoother and my skin just glowed!! Im getting the revitalizing this weekend (thanks for the heads up on this one!).

user79

I tried these on my hand at the MAC counter, they just felt like fragranced water in a spray bottle. I didn't notice any "after" effect at all.
th_dunno.gif

IheartCosmetics

Quote:
I tried these on my hand at the MAC counter, they just felt like fragranced water in a spray bottle. I didn't notice any "after" effect at all.
th_dunno.gif

I have pretty sensitive skin, so I should pass. Plus why would they make these LE?
hmm.gif

M.A.C_Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartCosmetics
Wow, so has anyone broke out from these then? :confused:

Sadly, I have. What a waste of $$$. I wish I could return it, but I threw out my receipt.
weeping.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Sadly, I have. What a waste of $$$. I wish I could return it, but I threw out my receipt.
weeping.gif

Bring it back without a receipt, they might give you a store credit.
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartCosmetics
I have pretty sensitive skin, so I should pass. Plus why would they make these LE?
hmm.gif

I also have very sensitive skin and the heavy dose of perfume in these was like a waving red flag to me.

M.A.C_Addiction

Quote:
Bring it back without a receipt, they might give you a store credit.
smiles.gif

Do you think so? But don't I have to go to the original store? I purchased it at Carrefour Laval and I'm in St. Laurent
ssad.gif

(I see you lived in Montreal)
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Do you think so? But don't I have to go to the original store? I purchased it at Carrefour Laval and I'm in St. Laurent
ssad.gif

(I see you lived in Montreal)
smiles.gif

Was it at a store or a counter? If they put/have you in the system they should till be able to do it.
(either way, if it's w/o the recpt & you don't tell them where you bought it, they will never know)

M.A.C_Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Was it at a store or a counter? If they put/have you in the system they should till be able to do it.
(either way, if it's w/o the recpt & you don't tell them where you bought it, they will never know)

Oh, ok. Thanks
smiles.gif

BlahWah

If my skin wasn't on the oilier side this might have been an okay product. My skin glows on its own after several hours, and have not noticed any better glow than the one I naturally get (i.e. more glow, less grease). I like it better than Fix+ to sheer out my foundation, tho, and perhaps it may work better for me in the winter, but not enough to plop down all this much for. I bought Renewal but I returned it and got After Dusk blush instead!

stephie06

thanks for all the info ladies!!! i have a question though, since i'm not familiar with using fix+ either, do most apply the charged waters before and after foundation? and when applying, do you spray it directly on the face or on a brush? i just ordered the revitalizing and renewal charged waters online and passed on the youth aura (since the description doesn't really match what i need). thanks in advance ladies!

divaster

I spray it on after my foundation and whatever powdery product I put on, just like I use Fix +. My MA told me she sprays it on after her moisturizer, before her foundation. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong.
lol.gif