Charged Water vs. Fix+ Spray?

Karyn

Re: Charged Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I tried these on my hand at the MAC counter, they just felt like fragranced water in a spray bottle. I didn't notice any "after" effect at all.
th_dunno.gif

That's what I am thinking.... They smell good, but can they really do these magical things for the face? It sounds too good to be true.

contrabassoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn
That's what I am thinking.... They smell good, but can they really do these magical things for the face? It sounds too good to be true.

Perhaps you ought to try spraying your makeup, that's the only way you'll know whether it works or not.

jilliandanica

this thread had been an awesome read. I'm going to check these out this week. I'm just curious though if they're like the MUFE Mist & Fix. I tried that one before and it made me break out =\

citre

I went to the MAC counter yesterday and picked up some things, one of them (i thought) being Fix+ spray. When I got home I saw that it was actually charged water renewal defense... I know I told the MUA at the counter that I wanted Fix + but maybe she misunderstood me.. I was wondering why my total was higher than I expected. I wish I woulda check before I left. Anyway... Is there any advantage of this over Fix +? I know these are both "fixers" but do they do the same thing? Does the charged water perhaps work better because it costs more? I'm hoping it would work just as well, because I don't really wanna drive back across town to exchange it. But if fix + is better, I will.

MACATTAK

I've tried them both & I personally like Fix+ better, because I saw no difference. Also, it's cheaper
smiles.gif

GlossyAbby

I have both. I bought charged water first and I really find nothing special about it... but Fix + I LOVE it and wear it everyday makes my face feel really hydrated

invadersads

differences between the charged waters?

i tried to do a search and couldnt find the answer...what's the difference between the 3 charged waters (renewal defense, youth aura, revitalizing energy) the website only has the energy one and i just bought the renewal one from my local cco and i'm just curious what makes the 3 different? i know it must be the ingredients but what is each meant to do?

MAC_Whore

Re: differences between the charged waters?

They are:
Renewal Defense
Revitalizing Energy
Youth Aura

RENEWAL DEFENSE
PEACH WITH GRAPEFRUIT MANDARIN FRAGRANCE

Charged Water (Renewal Defense) is super-charged with vital mineral ions that help keep skin hydrated, healthy and youthful-looking.

This innovative formula, with ion-charged ingredients, helps to instantly boost the skin's moisture. The mineral-rich water absorbs quickly into the skin, helping to hydrate dry skin and enhance the appearance of makeup application. The humectant-rich formula attracts moisture from the air and attracts foundation to the face, creating a snug fit between skin and makeup, enhancing application and creating a natural-looking makeup on the skin. Mist it onto the skin after cleansing and before moisturizing to create a hydrated canvas for makeup or mist it on top of makeup to help refresh and set the makeup. It has a pleasant grapefruit and mandarin fragrance and the peach-tinted water includes minerals from Rhodochrosite, a gemstone from Argentina that helps protect the skin from environmental aggressors.

REVITALIZING ENERGY
CRYSTAL CLEAR WITH GREEN TEA AND CITRUS FRAGRANCE

Charged Water (Revitalizing Energy) is super-charged with vital mineral ions and helps energize and revitalize the skin and keep it hydrated, healthy and youthful-looking.

This innovative formula, with ion-charged ingredients, helps to instantly boost the skin's moisture. The mineral-rich water absorbs quickly into the skin, helping to hydrate dry skin and enhance the appearance of makeup application. The humectant-rich formula attracts moisture from the air and attracts foundation to the face, creating a snug fit between skin and makeup, enhancing application and creating a natural-looking makeup on the skin. Mist it onto the skin after cleansing and before moisturizing to create a hydrated canvas for makeup or mist it on top of makeup to help set or refresh the makeup. It has a pleasant Green Tea and citrus fragrance and the crystal clear water includes minerals from Brazilian Diamonds.

YOUTH AURA
AQUA WITH BERGAMOT VIOLET FRAGRANCE

Charged Water (Youth Aura) is super-charged with vital mineral ions and helps keep skin hydrated, healthy and youthful-looking.

This innovative formula, with ion-charged ingredients, helps to instantly boost the skin's moisture. The mineral-rich water absorbs quickly into the skin, helping to hydrate dry skin and enhance the appearance of makeup application. The humectant-rich formula attracts moisture from the air and attracts foundation to the face, creating a snug fit between skin and makeup, enhancing application and creating a natural-looking makeup on the skin. Mist it onto the skin after cleansing and before moisturizing to create a hydrated canvas for makeup or mist it on top of makeup to help set or refresh the makeup. It has a pleasant Bergamot Violet fragrance and the aqua-tinted water includes the mineral Malachite.

ladyJ

MAC Fix+ vs. Charged Water

I read the descriptions on the website, but I'm still unsure what the differences are. What are the similiarities and differences? Any experience using both of these products? Thanks in advance!

friend_of_MAC

Re: MAC Fix+ vs. Charged Water

I'd like to know as well. I read some threads on here and some of the girls mentioned that there really is no difference between these products than a bottle of tap water in a spray bottle. I've never tried, but a MAC artist told me personally that the fix+ is great for making your foundation look flawless. He didn't seem to be to kind about the the charged water.

xxsgtigressxx

Personally, I use charged water to prep my face. It moisturizes and soothes my skin. Then I put on primer, foundation, and my powder products *blush bronzer etc.) and then I spritz fix plus over my makeup to make it look dewy rather than powdery. If you had to have one or the other though I'd pick fix plus.
smiles.gif

ladyJ

Charged water is more of a primer and fix+ is more of setting spray? haha!

GlamQueen21

I'd go with the Fix+ than the charged water. I love how it makes your skin dewy and a great way to use any of your pigments to apply them wet.

pianohno

Yeah, I agree with everyone. Charged water UNDER makeup, fix+ OVER! I love my fix+, it's great for getting rid of that silly 'powdery' look some foundations can give.

Bernadette

Charged Waters are more of a skin treatment. The key advantage of them is that they are full or "charged" with mineral ions. These ions protect your skin from environmental free radicals. They kind of repel those free radicals. So, your lipid barrier and skin are protected from nasty free radicals. Plus they contain additional skin healthy ingredients to nourish and protect your skin. The way I keep it simple in my memory is that the blue one attracts moisture to the skin (ie: a hummectant), the clear is supposed to refresh dull skin and the red contains salicylic acid (great for breakout and oily skin. Spray it on your body to stop body breakouts).
Fix+ soothes the skin with cucumber, chamomile green tea and caffiene. It also contains glycerine which acts as a binding agent for your makeup. Charged Water does not contain glycerine therefore it does not have the same binding or setting effects as Fix+ but it can be used to refresh your skin once your makeup is on.
There are plenty of other facts I'm forgetting but hope that sums it up
thmbup.gif

sierrao

differance between mac charged waters and fix+?

whats the differance between mac charged waters and fix +?