Collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel - Holiday 2013

elkaknits

My Chanel gal called about an hour ago.. she has already set aside the NP for me. She said it was the perfect red and I will love it. She left a voicemail so it wasn't even me reserving it ~~~ she just knows. I will be scoping out this collex in person tomorrow.

elegant-one

Thank you Elegant I see
smiles.gif
It's a must have I guess so ok I need it.
girlhaha.gif
friends.gif

Teger

I think it's worth noting the blush is of the baked (EU) variety it seems. 4grams of product versus the 6 grams in USA formulas.

Received the two IdO's today. Initiation has sparkle like mirifique and fantasme, whereas Fatal is more like Convoitise & Emerville (more satin-like) if that helps anyone.

Haven

I feel like the odd woman out because I still want a lot of this collection. I am trying to narrow down my list.

Winthrop44

I think it's worth noting the blush is of the baked (EU) variety it seems. 4grams of product versus the 6 grams in USA formulas.

Received the two IdO's today. Initiation has sparkle like mirifique and fantasme, whereas Fatal is more like Convoitise & Emerville (more satin-like) if that helps anyone.

Wow, I'm surprised the blush is baked! That lets me out. Thanks alot for the info.

elkaknits

come to mama...
eyelove.gif
Rouge Rubis Vernis: http://hudabeauty.com/2013/09/24/the-most-flattering-red-polish-ever-created/

RockDiva

I feel like the odd woman out because I still want a lot of this collection. I am trying to narrow down my list.
I still want the pieces I wanted at the start: Initiation, La Precieuse, and the loose powder. I don't foresee a change of heart before it is released here.

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at Saks today and they had the collection. I really liked Initiation. It is my kind of color. I was so so on Fatal. It looked familiar. Didn't Mac do a gray purple paint pot? I'll probably get it anyway. The mascara was really sparkly. I liked it. I don't know how it will look on lashes though. The bronze liquid liner looked really olivey to me. I have quite a few similar liners so I'll probably skip. I was iffy on the blush. I may have to try it on my face but I think it may not work for me. It was rosey though. If it did work, it would be a unique blush in my collection. I forgot to check out the red polish. I did "swatch" the quint that wasn't in stock but I didn't see anything. I fear it may have been one of those fake testers. I'll probably get the quint as I have the others and the neutral colors don't hurt. I wasn't interested in the lipsticks. I didn't bother to open the loose powder either. They did have a "coming soon" sign for the quint. My definites are the quint, initiation and the mascara. I think I'm going to end up hauling more from the Moire collection. I went in liking 3 lipsticks and a gloss and ended up liking 5 lipsticks, gloss and 2 lip pencils plus polishes.

BTW - Bloomies told me they are not getting this collection until late October. What a bummer! I will have to either go back to Saks or order from Nordstroms.

Off Topic - Outside Saks they had something with the cast of Scandal and had some kind of make shift red carpet thing. Anyway, I saw Kerry Washington and she looked nice in a blue satin gingham 50s style dress but I couldn't help but think she needs to do lips. She looked like she was just wearing lip balm. It just didn't make sense. I don't know how it shows up on camera though. But in person, just clear lip balm.

NYCBeautyJunkie

icecaramellatte, they had the quint available to swatch? I need to see it in person! What do you mean that you didn't see anything, though?

Also, how well did the blush swatch on your skin?

Icecaramellatte

icecaramellatte, they had the quint available to swatch? I need to see it in person! What do you mean that you didn't see anything, though?

Also, how well did the blush swatch on your skin?
They had a palette attached to the top of the display like they had the highlighter powder before. Do you remember? I think it was Elegantone who swatched it only to find out it was plastic. Well, it was up high and I ran my finger over one of the colors. It felt velvety like powder but I didn't actually see anything on my skin. So I don't know if it was fake or it was just glazed over from people putting their fingers in it. I know it sounds crazy but I'm just as puzzled.
wacko.gif

As for the blush - it definitely showed up on my hand but I just don't know how it would look on my face so I would have to try it. It just might be a highlighter for me but I don't want to get it just for that. I know sometimes lighter colors come off a bit darker on skin so I will try it again to be sure. I did like the color though.

Hey I was just thinking. . . . Why do they have an empty spot for the quint? Why not just wait to release everything together? They just released Moire, surely that would be enough new stuff out. I mean it is only October 2nd. The empty spot just looked weird.

ALivingDoll

Got initiation and bronze platine mascara today. Top is IOD heavier and then blended. Bottom is mascara. In setting sunlight and then in inside light. LOVE.
Thank you for sharing! This was all I ordered and happy I did since I'm a sucker for sparkles!

ALivingDoll

I stopped at Saks today and they had the collection. I really liked Initiation. It is my kind of color. I was so so on Fatal. It looked familiar. Didn't Mac do a gray purple paint pot? I'll probably get it anyway. The mascara was really sparkly. I liked it. I don't know how it will look on lashes though. The bronze liquid liner looked really olivey to me. I have quite a few similar liners so I'll probably skip. I was iffy on the blush. I may have to try it on my face but I think it may not work for me. It was rosey though. If it did work, it would be a unique blush in my collection. I forgot to check out the red polish. I did "swatch" the quint that wasn't in stock but I didn't see anything. I fear it may have been one of those fake testers. I'll probably get the quint as I have the others and the neutral colors don't hurt. I wasn't interested in the lipsticks. I didn't bother to open the loose powder either. They did have a "coming soon" sign for the quint. My definites are the quint, initiation and the mascara. I think I'm going to end up hauling more from the Moire collection. I went in liking 3 lipsticks and a gloss and ended up liking 5 lipsticks, gloss and 2 lip pencils plus polishes.

BTW - Bloomies told me they are not getting this collection until late October. What a bummer! I will have to either go back to Saks or order from Nordstroms.

Off Topic - Outside Saks they had something with the cast of Scandal and had some kind of make shift red carpet thing. Anyway, I saw Kerry Washington and she looked nice in a blue satin gingham 50s style dress but I couldn't help but think she needs to do lips. She looked like she was just wearing lip balm. It just didn't make sense. I don't know how it shows up on camera though. But in person, just clear lip balm.
Can you please tell us what liners are similar to the bronze liquid liner? I like how it looks in swatches but a little apprehensive about dishing out $30+ for it. Thank you!

elkaknits

and yet more coming to mama action: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/10/chanel-le-vernis-rouge-rubis-677.html

eyelove.gif
with comparisons

elkaknits

makeup magpie's preview swatches of other things : http://www.makeupmagpie.com/2013/09/chanel-holiday-2013-preview.html

have we seen this yet? If so sorry

Knope2012

Hold your horses....
girlhaha.gif

At first swatch, I wasn't sure I was going to like the blush. But, I after I applied it & then stepped back to look at my face in the mirror I really really loved the effect of the blush on me. Its a soft cool slighty rosey neutral on. It made my face look so sculpted & have a beautiful natural healthy glow. So yeah, I really like it. It will be perfect for plum & burgundy lips - or with no other makeup at all for a no makeup makeup look.

It was hard to get the rosey tone to show up in the swatch pics. but irl its not that brown...rosey neutral. The color is pretty true to the pan pic.

Oh, it has very very fine good shimmer.

I should always know to hold off until you've tested a product
sigh.gif
Okay, then. If it's this nice on you, this may be the only thing I pick up from the collection. I like the idea of a nice sculpting blush to go with my million reds and plums.

Latest posts