Collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel - Holiday 2013

ALivingDoll

and yet more coming to mama action: http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/10/chanel-le-vernis-rouge-rubis-677.html

eyelove.gif
with comparisons
Pretty color! It almost looks like an orange-red. I don't know why for some reason I thought it would be more of a blue based red. Either way it is a beautiful color. I love how it's so similar to Guerlain's 121 which I already own. Whew...saves my wallet from more damage haha!

elkaknits

It is actually kinda funny. I went in today to pick up my stuff. The eyeshadow things are gorgeous btw {not the quint the idos? is that what they are called?} I got the red lipstick and the red nail polish only. So yesterday my gal called and said it was the perfect red no yellow no blue just clear red like in the American flag. I am sitting there looking at my nails while listening to her voicemail cus I think I am wearing Am Flag red. I walk in and our polish match... mine might be a smidge more blue but we couldn't tell the difference side by side. She asked me to find some of my el cheapo Sally hansen runway red-y

LiliV

Rouge Rubis is pretty but for me it's too close to Cinéma from Avant Première. I love reds (for any type of makeup) but I try to be selective bc it's one of those colors I'll think I need even though I have a bunch

nazih09

It is actually kinda funny. I went in today to pick up my stuff. The eyeshadow things are gorgeous btw {not the quint the idos? is that what they are called?} I got the red lipstick and the red nail polish only. So yesterday my gal called and said it was the perfect red no yellow no blue just clear red like in the American flag. I am sitting there looking at my nails while listening to her voicemail cus I think I am wearing Am Flag red. I walk in and our polish match... mine might be a smidge more blue but we couldn't tell the difference side by side. She asked me to find some of my el cheapo Sally hansen runway red-y
Thank you!! I was really hoping someone would post a dupe. I was going to pick up the nail polish but now I'll get the Sally Hansen! :) Money saved wooot!

elkaknits

it is one of the LE's from 2011. I purchased mine at Ulta in the spring of '12 on clearance rack for $4. You can easily find it on amazon for about $5-6 shipped. I am not joking we set our hands so our nails overlapped and she asked me to track her down a bottle {i couldn't remember the brand just the name off the top of my head} I couldn't see a difference at all. Here they are side

lousy out of focus picture of tape on my hand:

not so out of focus of tape on side of sink:

the one on the right which is wider is the Sally Hansen {it has a paddle style brush so less brush strokey and covers smaller width nails in one stroke} and the narrower swatch on left with is the Chanel. I actually prefer paddle style brushes. Both swatches are technically 2 coats but I think the Chanel, because I was trying to make it wider, has spots where the coats overlap in center.

nazih09

it is one of the LE's from 2011. I purchased mine at Ulta in the spring of '12 on clearance rack for $4. You can easily find it on amazon for about $5-6 shipped. I am not joking we set our hands so our nails overlapped and she asked me to track her down a bottle {i couldn't remember the brand just the name off the top of my head} I couldn't see a difference at all. Here they are side

lousy out of focus picture of tape on my hand:

not so out of focus of tape on side of sink:

the one on the right which is wider is the Sally Hansen {it has a paddle style brush so less brush strokey and covers smaller width nails in one stroke} and the narrower swatch on left with is the Chanel. I actually prefer paddle style brushes. Both swatches are technically 2 coats but I think the Chanel, because I was trying to make it wider, has spots where the coats overlap in center.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time out and swatching!!! I found one on ebay for 4.99 shipped! :)

Ingenue

Ya'll are so bad for my wallet...

Just ordered Ido's and blush. Still on the fence about the quint. Elegant, your swatch sold me on the blush!

Dominique33

Pretty color! It almost looks like an orange-red. I don't know why for some reason I thought it would be more of a blue based red. Either way it is a beautiful color. I love how it's so similar to Guerlain's 121 which I already own. Whew...saves my wallet from more damage haha!
Yes it looks almost orange-red ! Cinéma is a true soft red, softer than Rouge Rubis in fact which is brighter.

elegant-one

I should always know to hold off until you've tested a product
sigh.gif
Okay, then. If it's this nice on you, this may be the only thing I pick up from the collection. I like the idea of a nice sculpting blush to go with my million reds and plums.
greengrin.gif
friends.gif

Yep, it was instant natural sculpting.

Mizani

I had a chance to finally swatch LA DESIREE at my local Nordstroms. Not too impressed. The color just wasn't deep/rich enough for me. Reminds me of how MUFE's #44 looks on me. Needless to say, it is a skip. LOL I need Chanel to have more deep/dark velvet matte colors.

elkaknits

I had a chance to finally swatch LA DESIREE at my local Nordstroms. Not too impressed. The color just wasn't deep/rich enough for me. Reminds me of how MUFE's #44 looks on me. Needless to say, it is a skip. LOL I need Chanel to have more deep/dark velvet matte colors.
I skipped La Desiree as well but went for La Preciouse and picked up La Fascinate which was missing from my collex of rouge allure velvet reds. I love my new lippies !!!

josephine90

As I have barely visible cheekbones, I'll be ordering this tomorrow :heart:  And maybe a Chanel lipstick, though it's so hard to decide which one!
Im Consideing it too! I have zero cheekbones, i always complain that my face is too round and flat lol

Knope2012

Consideing it too! I have zero cheekbones, i always complain that my face is too round and flat lol
lol me too! I haven't had much luck with bronzers since I'm pale, but this seems like a good product for both of us. And Elegant-One has never steered me wrong

elegant-one

lol me too! I haven't had much luck with bronzers since I'm pale, but this seems like a good product for both of us. And Elegant-One has never steered me wrong
Oh babe, thats waaaay too much pressure
lol.gif

You just can't overdo too much of the blush or it may appear brownish. Its going to one of my favorite everyday no makeup blushes. I also think it would look pretty to use this blush lightly & then some rosey pink over it just on the apples.

elkaknits

Do you have swatches of La Precieuse?
ok indoor picture {I have those little screw looking lightbulbs} which look yellowish followed by outdoor low light

top line is Rouge Allure Pirate cus I figure most of us know what that looks like then left to right under are la sensualle, la fascinante, la preciouse

and

Sorry I am not good at taking pictures :C

RockDiva

Those are fabulous.

Thanks a million, elkaknits! So it's more of a cool red? or is it pinky red? Looks pinky to me.

Latest posts