Collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel - Holiday 2013

elegant-one

Its very very pretty on. The pics turned out extremely color accurate. Its a perfect pinky feminine nude on me which I've been wanting from Chanel

sampantha7

This may be a stupid question, elegant-one, but that probably doesn't compare to feed the senses, does it? :)

elegant-one

This may be a stupid question, elegant-one, but that probably doesn't compare to feed the senses, does it?
smiles.gif
I will go check, but the Chanel one is more lavender pink. Hang on ....

Not a stupid question ;)

elegant-one

Ok, FTS is more peachy nude & Radieuse is more pale lavender blue pink nude. There is an obvious difference. HTH

sampantha7

Great! Thanks so much for checking. Thanks also for being the best enabler!! :) Your recommendations are always amazing!

sampantha7

Hey no worries! It had been on my "maybe" list, but it has definitely moved into the purchase realm! Now, if I can only stay away from those velvets..hahaha.

Haven

I stopped by my local Chanel counter after work today, and they had just gotten this collection in minus the quint. Well I swatched away, and now I have most of the collection minus the quint. LOL My wallet is crying in the corner right now.

What I got:
Accent
Moon Light
Initiation
Fatal
Bronze
Radieuse - I am in complete agreement with Elegant on this one.
eyelove.gif

La Précieuse - not really vivid red more like pinky red
La Désirée

I checked both IdO before purchase, and both looked great. No hockey pucks in sight. I passed on the mascara b/c I wear contacts and I can't imagine that some of the glitter wont get into the eyes. I also passed on the np's b/c I have so many versions of red polish. The SA is going to call me when they get the quint in.

Tonight I am off to a dinner dance type thingy, so I will try out a new lippie and moon light.

nazih09

I stopped by my local Chanel counter after work today, and they had just gotten this collection in minus the quint. Well I swatched away, and now I have most of the collection minus the quint. LOL My wallet is crying in the corner right now.

What I got:
Accent
Moon Light
Initiation
Fatal
Bronze
Radieuse - I am in complete agreement with Elegant on this one.
eyelove.gif

La Précieuse - not really vivid red more like pinky red
La Désirée

I checked both IdO before purchase, and both looked great. No hockey pucks in sight. I passed on the mascara b/c I wear contacts and I can't imagine that some of the glitter wont get into the eyes. I also passed on the np's b/c I have so many versions of red polish. The SA is going to call me when they get the quint in.

Tonight I am off to a dinner dance type thingy, so I will try out a new lippie and moon light.
What a great haul!! This gives me hope for the IdOs :)

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by Haven
. No hockey pucks in sight. I passed on the mascara b/c I wear contacts and I can't imagine that some of the glitter wont get into the eyes. I also passed on the np's b/c I have so many versions of red polish. The SA is going to call me when they get the quint in.

lol.gif

Thanks so much for posting your thoughts. Sympathy for your wallet
amuse.gif

LucyChanel

I'm so over CHANEL with ALL the glitter.
I have no issue with the ILLUSION D'OMBRE, eyeshadows, or maybe some of the LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES having glitter in them. However, I can't stand how face products like the Poudre Universelle Libre (Loose Powder) have tons of glitter in them. Moon Light is such a beautiful color however when I went to see it in person it had tons of glitter. Which is a shame because the glitter was a deal breaker for me. Personally I think it would have been a beautiful product without the glitter.
It reminded me of the Holiday 2011 Collection with the Féérie loose powder, again stunning color, but then ruined by tons of glitter thrown in it. I actually purchased that one after the SA told me it wasn't too much and it "went away" once you put it on the face, however, when I used it on my face it looked as if I rolled my face in glitter... So I ended up returning it. I also tried the pressed powder Jasmine from the Spring 2012 Collection. Again, stunning color, but then they added glitter and anytime I looked in the mirror I was sparkling (I didn't find it flattering at all)

I think its interesting that Karen from Makeup & Beauty Blog uses these words to describe Moon Light

"A sheer peachy beige with glitter; I’d use this sparingly, otherwise skin can end up looking REALLY glittery"

I just find that glitter products on the face are very childish (something that a 14 year old would do) but when you're over 20, it something that should only be on your eyes, maybe lips.

Thats why I've seen myself going to Tom Ford more and more. All face products are meant to look like skin and they don't have any glitter. He only uses glitter for some of the eyeshadows.

I was actually shocked when Les Beige came out that those didn't have glitter. I thought they would be how Jasmine was. So A+ to CHANEL on that one. And I was also happy that the new cream blushes look matte/pearlescent.

Anyways, I was very excited when I first heard about this collections (especially Moon Light) but then after hearing about how glittery everything is I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the Spring Collection won't be such a turn off.
Which brings me to my next point, if anyone happens to see the literature for the Spring Collection, start a new post, I want to see what is coming out. I used to work for CHANEL and they should have the literature at the counters now. Just ask an SA.

[h=1][/h]

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at a different Bloomies than I went to a few days ago. I planned to get just the Moire lipsticks but I asked when they would have Holiday. The SA said November and I said "November!" and told her other stores had it out already. She went to ask another person and they came with a boxes of many of the products. She just said they didn't have testers yet. I said no problem, I'd already tested everything. So I ended up getting:

-Fatal
-Initiation
-Sparkle Mascara
-Accent

I forgot to check for the hockey pucks (lol love that term). You would think I would have remembered after what I got last time. The Initation was slightly separated but not enough to be too upsetting. Fatal was fine. Accent I threw in at the last minute. I tried it last night on my face. I didn't really take all my makeup off first just tried to rub off the day's blush with a tissue. It showed up but I was a bit unsure about it since it is so light. I am an NC44ish. I do like the sparkle in it and it will work as a highlighter but I so hate when there is a blush out and the SA says it will work as a highlighter. I know this shouldn't bother me so much because I am highlighter crazy and seem to buy any new highlighter that hits the market but for some reason it does. I will say that later on that night, I tried on Ambigue lipstick which I just bought and the blush really seemed to work well with it. I started thinking it might be a nice blush to pair with my new dark lipsticks. I wore a pink blush today and was thinking it was too bright and I should have gone lighter. It looked good with Farouche too.

Sylvia60

Has this review of those two amazing IdOs been posted up yet?
http://www.makeupmagpie.com/2013/09/chanel-holiday-2013-illusion-dombres.html

I want both!

LiliV

Seeing the pictures of the shrunken Illusion d'Ombres reminds me of when I got my Attraction last year, there was nothing wrong w it but compared to my other ones it's much flatter. Like my other 3 are very domed and look like there's a lot in the jar but Attraction came very flattened. I'm wondering if certain colors just move around in different ways because of the different color ingredients? Just a thought! Lol

Haven

Well I did a look with La Precieuse and Moon Light last night. I loved the ls! Moon light can result in glitter overload on the face if you are not careful. A little bit of glitter/fairy dust was appropriate for the event I went to last night. I can't imagine wearing this powder on a regular basis. I applied it very lightly, so the effect was great. It is definitely for nights out and not runs to the grocery store.

sampantha7

I caved and bought la desiree, Radieuse, and fatal...for now. My fatal wasn't a hockey puck, so here's hoping it doesn't shrivel up. I'll probably go back sometime this week and grab the other items I want. What a wonderful collection. :)

SRenee12

I stopped at a different Bloomies than I went to a few days ago. I planned to get just the Moire lipsticks but I asked when they would have Holiday.  The SA said November and I said "November!" and told her other stores had it out already. She went to ask another person and they came with a boxes of many of the products.  She just said they didn't have testers yet.  I said no problem, I'd already tested everything.  So I ended up getting: -Fatal -Initiation -Sparkle Mascara -Accent I forgot to check for the hockey pucks (lol love that term).  You would think I would have remembered after what I got last time.  The Initation was slightly separated but not enough to be too upsetting. Fatal was fine.  Accent I threw in at the last minute.  I tried it last night on my face.  I didn't really take all my makeup off first just tried to rub off the day's blush with a tissue.  It showed up but I was a bit unsure about it since it is so light. I am an NC44ish.  I do like the sparkle in it and it will work as a highlighter but I so hate when there is a blush out and the SA says it will work as a highlighter.  I know this shouldn't bother me so much because I am highlighter crazy and seem to buy any new highlighter that hits the market but for some reason it does.  I will say that later on that night, I tried on Ambigue lipstick which I just bought and the blush really seemed to work well with it.  I started thinking it might be a nice blush to pair with my new dark lipsticks.  I wore a pink blush today and was thinking it was too bright and I should have gone lighter.  It looked good with Farouche too.  
How is the sparkle mascara?!

Bonitinha

Radieuse - Its a very pretty pale slight lavender pinky nude. On my pigmented mauvey lips, its pale.

Michelle - I think you'll love this one
winkiss.gif
How did I miss this?? Wowza, that is gorgeous! Thanks for the pics. I have no doubt it is beautiful on you!