Current Obsessions

Medgal07

My new obsession (this week) is false eyelashes! I finally got the hang of putting them on and I'm in LOVE......Anyone else wear falsies and have any recommendations preferably drugstore brands? I really like Kiss lashes.
Yes, Yes, Yes MzBrownBeauty. I finally learned to put them on. I tried a few years ago while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta with my husband and spent one very embarrassing evening when I loss one. Thought I was scarred for life but just took the plunge again. I've been playing around with a few brands...both high-end & drugstore and I have to say I really like the Ardell # 138s.
I have to trim the length to fit but it's the best look for me. I've started getting them at Bed Bath & Beyond because my Rite Aid doesn't carry them. I just got 14 pairs yesterday! That's obsessed!
friends.gif

Medgal07

MzBrownBeauty: Congrats! I like the Ardell lashes as far as drugstore/beauty supply lashes go. You also can't go wrong with Red Cherry lashes online! I order mine from Madame Madeline. They have a great selection and great prices.
I need to check these out. Are there particular ones that you would suggest?

CartoonChic

My latest obsession is OCC Lip Tars. I've purchased 16 of them over the last few days. I can't get enough of them. They're like bright, colorful lip candy. I guess that still falls under my lipstick obsession. I've slowed down recently with purchasing the new Chanel Rouge Allure lipsticks because I have nearly all of the colors I was interested in. There's only a handful left that I want. But I'm still trying to get as many Chanel nail polish colors as I can get.

My NARS blush obsession is still going strong. I've added Albatross, Amour, Outlaw and Gina. I still need Luster in my life, and now I think I want Gaiety. MAC brushes may be my next obsession.

ainelson86

Latest obsessions are...
1.) MAC prolongwear concealer (NW45)
2.) OCC Liptar in Lydia (LOVE!)
3.) Wet and Wild Gel Eyeliner (I just perfected my winged eyeliner!)

Medgal07

Med, right now I have Red Cherry Lashes in #1, 13, 46, 218 and 747S. I think their lashes are wonderful!
Thank you! I'll have to check them out. Lashes are fun to wear but I don't like them to look like landing strips to low flying aircraft, or turn the corner before my face does.
icon_eek.gif

MAChostage

Haha! I know that's right, Med! I see a lot of ladies who are into the lash extensions now and so many of them are ridiculously long and thick, so unrealistic and unattractive, IMO. I think that the Red Cherry #46's are good for an "everyday glam" kind of look. The others have a more special occasion feel to me, but some folks like to wear the more glam lashes for everyday. I think you'll find some you like, Madam Madeline has great pics of the lashes.

macnc50diva

Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation - One of the best foundations I've tried in a while
MAC Studio Careblend Powder - So soft, no flash back
MAC #48 Lashes - The most natural dramatic lash I've used yet
Palettes....I dont care if its foundation or lipstick or powders I love a nice pretty new palette
Achieving the Guinness World Record for the most makeup items de-potted and able to fit safely into a zuca bag...

This list could go on forever....lol

MzBrownBeauty

Latest obsessions are...
1.) MAC prolongwear concealer (NW45)
2.) OCC Liptar in Lydia (LOVE!)
3.) Wet and Wild Gel Eyeliner (I just perfected my winged eyeliner!)
Yes!! I love my MAC Pro long wear concealer! I have it in NW 45 for dark circles and NW 35 for a high lighter. I love both of them but you have to be quick because they dry fast!

MzBrownBeauty

Yes, Yes, Yes MzBrownBeauty. I finally learned to put them on. I tried a few years ago while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta with my husband and spent one very embarrassing evening when I loss one. Thought I was scarred for life but just took the plunge again. I've been playing around with a few brands...both high-end & drugstore and I have to say I really like the Ardell # 138s.
I have to trim the length to fit but it's the best look for me. I've started getting them at Bed Bath & Beyond because my Rite Aid doesn't carry them. I just got 14 pairs yesterday! That's obsessed!
friends.gif
Doesn't it feel good to finally get putting them on correctly?
clapping.gif

It took me a while but I finally got it right! I like the Kiss lashes KPLD05 because they look very natural. I just bought a pack of Ardell lashes and I'm excited to try them out.

MzBrownBeauty

Thank you! I'll have to check them out. Lashes are fun to wear but I don't like them to look like landing strips to low flying aircraft, or turn the corner before my face does.
icon_eek.gif
Oh yes, I've tried many pairs that looked totally ridiculous! LOL! So I pulled them off; that's one of the reasons I'm sticking with drugstore/beauty supply brands until I really learn which ones look good on me. No point in spending a lot on lashes that look silly!

MAChostage

Oh yes, I've tried many pairs that looked totally ridiculous! LOL! So I pulled them off; that's one of the reasons I'm sticking with drugstore/beauty supply brands until I really learn which ones look good on me. No point in spending a lot on lashes that look silly!
I wish someone would tell this to some of these ladies sporting some of these lash extensions! I have seem some really outrageous, fake looking, unattractive lashes on some girls. You really have to know when to say when with those things.

Latest posts