Current Obsessions

VampyCouture

Nars Light Reflecting Powder
Mac Uninterrupted Prolongwear Eyeshadow
Mac Cherry Lipliner
Both UD Oz Palettes
Mac Ruby Woo l/s
Rimmel Kate Moss Matte l/s in 110
Prestige Total Intensity eyeshadow in Hocus Pocus (Mac Club /UD Lounge dupe, but the pigmentation is way way way better-it's amazing!)

mymacaddiction

Viva glam nicki 2! It is such a different color for me. I love finding new ways to wear it. The formula is like buttah!!! Ben nye banana powder. Waited forever to try it and I LOVE it! Mac alpine bronze blush. Sooo glad I didn't pass this one up. It goes with every makeup look! Love! Maybelline Vivids lipsticks. Every color. They are fab!

mymacaddiction

I was told that it is supposed to be for oily skin of color. I have not had the guts to try my samples yet.
I am nc20 and it is wonderful! It has a very light yellow tint but does not show on my skin at all. :) It is not as dry as the more silicone-y primers but it does not make me more oily either (in reference to the oily skin question above. Can't quote bc I'm posting from my phone.).

mymacaddiction

I would like to know more about banana powder... Maybe where to get it? What it does? Is there one color? How to use? I might end up picking one up!
Banana is the color of the powder. It's made by Ben nye and there are more colors. It's super cheap (I bought mine online) and it will last forever! I use it mainly to set my undereye concealer and right in my t-zone. The finish is gorgeous! It is a very pale yellow so it very slightly brightens up/warms up the skin. I am very fair so it is not a highlighter on me like it is for Kim K or someone with darker skin, but I still LOVE what it does on my skin tone. Huge fan here!

sss215

Current obsessions- MAC Viva glam 1 with NYX Burgundy lip liner. I've found these kind if deep wine reds look lovely on me. This color would look lovely with gold eyeshadow. MAC Viva Niki Minaj with Spice Lip liner. If you aren't into the bright color on its own spice really tones it down. MAC Angel lipstick with Soar lip liner. This goes well with an everyday look. I usually line the eyes, contour and use Melba blush with this. I've also been into a lot of different mascaras. The two that work for me are MAC extra dimension and Buxom mascara. I usually hate MAC mascaras but this actually lifted and extended my lashes. It was not hard to take off at all!
The Extra Dimension mascara is wonderful. I'm usually not sold on high end mascaras because drugstore mascaras work fine; but this one really made my lashes look amazing! I'm obsessed too!
Ids there a thread about the new Hourglass highlighters?
I tried a few of these on in the store. Radiant light is the one that is suppose to work best for darker skin tones. While the powders sound great, feel great and are getting rave reviews, they did nothing for me; and when I thought about it more, I don't have a true need for them. The best way to add luminosity for me is using foundation with a slight red tone to it ; That adds a good amount of warmth to my skin and the MAC EDSF gives me a great highlight. My orange and coral blushes finish it off as the perfect icing on the cake. Plus I'm oily, so a natural glow peaks out sometime during the day, So I have a different angle on achieving glow and luminosity. IMO, my friend who is an NC30/35, these powders will be great for her first swipe.
- M.A.C Hot Chocolate - M.A.C Absolute Power - Chanel Fascination Quad - UD Glenda and Theodora palette - Nars Reflecting Powder ( pressed ) The next ones ? Well, many ! Among others 3 nail polishes from the OPI Euro Centrale collection !
I want a couple of those OPI colors as well!
Ooh, forgot to add Mac Pure Radiance Primer. Loving this lately!!!
This item is HG for me. It's works on everyone, and my makeup lasts all day
Does it work for oily skin?
I was told that it is supposed to be for oily skin of color. I have not had the guts to try my samples yet. My current obsession is a brown smoky eye. I have no idea why I have not tried it before.
MAC Prep and Prime Natural Radiance works on oily skin like you wouldn't believe. Imma poster child for oily skin and this product has convinced me. You don't need a lot of the product (add more if you are drier) and if you are oily, you can skip the moisturizer step. It's a once and done product. MAC Prep and Prime Natural Radiance works well on all skin tones and skin types. It is the most beneficial for oily skin because as a primer, it will keep your makeup on longer. It has a light canary yellow tone to it (a little lighter than the Ben Nye powder in Banana) which works best for deeper skin tones especially when white primers tend to gray out our foundation. It's also the same color as the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer and once it's applied there is no color left. It doesn't change you foundation color. Best prep and prime primer MAC has produced! If you have a sample, I highly suggest you try it out.

MahoganyRose

The fresh, clean, flawless nude face has been my go to look for a few weeks now too. My Bamboo eyeshadow and Taupe lipstick are worn down to nubs now.

VampyCouture

MAC Prep and Prime Natural Radiance works well on all skin tones and skin types. It is the most beneficial for oily skin because as a primer, it will keep your makeup on longer. It has a light canary yellow tone to it (a little lighter than the Ben Nye powder in Banana) which works best for deeper skin tones especially when white primers tend to gray out our foundation. It's also the same color as the Clinique dramatically different moisturizer and once it's applied there is no color left. It doesn't change you foundation color. Best prep and prime primer MAC has produced! If you have a sample, I highly suggest you try it out.
I add red to my foundation a lot (except when using studio fix, because those foundations run really red on me). I have golden undertones, but I love adding red to give myself a youthful, healthy glow.

Another good white primer is the Nyx HD primer. It works really well on darker skin tones and doesn't 'gray out' the foundation which I like.

ma146rina

Alpine Bronze (i use it with my Sundipped bronzer and Nars Orgasm and it's just AMAZING)
Too faced Natural at Night palette (especially the first row of e/s,there's one that looks like a warmer,more pigmented Soba which is one of my Mac favs)
Mac Creme Cup and YSL rouge volupte 1
Mac Lord it Up eyeliner
Mac Indianwood paint pot

MzBrownBeauty

I add red to my foundation a lot (except when using studio fix, because those foundations run really red on me). I have golden undertones, but I love adding red to give myself a youthful, healthy glow. Another good white primer is the Nyx HD primer. It works really well on darker skin tones and doesn't 'gray out' the foundation which I like.
Ive heard good things about NYX HD primer. I'll have to run by Ulta when I get a chance.

RaizinnthaSun

Ive heard good things about NYX HD primer. I'll have to run by Ulta when I get a chance.
Does anyone know if the NYX HD Primer will reflect light with flash photography? I'm kinda wary of using HD products, because in pictures it looks white where I've applied other HD products

mymacaddiction

Alpine Bronze (i use it with my Sundipped bronzer and Nars Orgasm and it's just AMAZING) Too faced Natural at Night palette (especially the first row of e/s,there's one that looks like a warmer,more pigmented Soba which is one of my Mac favs) Mac Creme Cup and YSL rouge volupte 1 Mac Lord it Up eyeliner Mac Indianwood paint pot
Alpine bronze really is beautiful! It's a color I would have never considered until I saw it on someone on YouTube. I'm soooo glad I picked it up. It's like none of my other blushes!

ma146rina

Alpine bronze really is beautiful! It's a color I would have never considered until I saw it on someone on YouTube. I'm soooo glad I picked it up. It's like none of my other blushes!
Me too!i saw it in jacquelinehill vid and ran and got it.i'm so glad i did it's the perfect blush to warm up my complexion without making me look orange.i was actually surprised that it wasn't sold out.i think a lot of ppl overlooked it.

mymacaddiction

Me too!i saw it in jacquelinehill vid and ran and got it.i'm so glad i did it's the perfect blush to warm up my complexion without making me look orange.i was actually surprised that it wasn't sold out.i think a lot of ppl overlooked it.
Omg! She's the exact reason I bought it too. I LOVE her vids and have bought most of what she recommends. I'm not usually so easily persuaded but she just makes everything look so darn good! Lol!

ma146rina

Omg! She's the exact reason I bought it too. I LOVE her vids and have bought most of what she recommends. I'm not usually so easily persuaded but she just makes everything look so darn good! Lol!
That girl is gorg!yeah she makes me buy a lot of stuff too.have you tried the pressed pigments?Jaqueline raved about them but all the other beauty bloggers seem to hate them.
shrugs.gif