Deviant Bad Habits

This thread just totally made my day.

I'm a very agressive driver, I don't take bs from nobody. And on a regular day I may be able to handle any situation pretty decent but if I'm having a bad day and somebody on the road pisses me off, makes that situation 3x as bad. I HATE when people cut me off or hella ride my ass in traffic.

There's a certain freeway that I have to take to get home and there's only 2 lanes and there's always traffic there..people always ride my ass, I'm like look here b&tch there's cars in front of me and I can't go anywhere. I can usually tell by somebodys driving if they're about to cut me off and when I get that feeling I hella speed up or stay close to the person in front of me. It happens a lot to where if you leave JUST enough space between you and the car in front, somebody will cut you off.

My boyfriend HATES when I get pissed off, he hates when I tell him stories that happened to me on the road too. I'm trying really hard to chill out but it's hard esp since I've been like that for years?

He's made me realize though that I need to swallow my pride and just sit back & I agree. There was an incident a few months ago where somebody cut a guy off by accident to get over and he ended up shooting him and killed the guy. There's actually been many cases like that down in the bay, but it can happen anywhere. Somebody's day might be worse than yours, you just don't know what other people are capable of.

Great thread though, made me laugh!

Drive safe specktra ladies!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
i sure the hell was. i mean, i was amused, dont get me wrong. because i felt their frustration but i think my dad went a tad bit too far. i thought he was having a seizure or something!!! he did this daffy duck noise LMFAO omg. classic.

I know when my Dad does it ...it always seems extreme...but when i do it it seems necessary and normal...Maybe it's the deepness of the male voice that makes it seem so ....You really need to calm down, dad!

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I know when my Dad does it ...it always seems extreme...but when i do it it seems necessary and normal...Maybe it's the deepness of the male voice that makes it seem so ....You really need to calm down, dad!

OMG HOW TRUE!!!
it's the bass that makes it worse.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

th_LMAO.gif
somehow I just got visions of my father (he had severe road rage when he used to drive), screaming at people in a high falsetto voice...and let me tell you...it was funny at sh*t...and didn't seem as extreme as it used to...TISH, I think you have a point here.

kaliraksha

Heh, I use to love to scream at drivers while I drove... but I realize I just aggravate myself... they don't care. Now, I try to realize that everyone is allowed to have a bad day, or be out of it, or have an emergency. My mom drove like a maniac when she was taking my little brother to the hospital once... his body had already gone limp and he was barely breathing... and some people wouldn't let her through eventhough she had her emergency lights on.

As for the speeding, I also don't see it my job or anyone elses to regulate the speed. If you're going over the speed limit we're all speeding... I don't like to go over 80, so for some people who drive faster than that they think I'm holding them up, my boyfriend doesn't like to drive under 85 and preferably 90 (on road trips) so to him I would slow him down. I think there are common courtesies of the road... I get my hints from truck drivers... that is their job, its how they make their living and spend lots of time and they always move out of the way of people who want to go faster than them. Personally, I'm happy when someone wants to go ahead of me and faster on the higway... I say to myself "yay, you get the ticket now!" as I move over. Driving can be dangerous and scary as it is... I don't need to add more to the mix.

It pains me to not give money to homeless people sometimes, but living in Austin has made it a little easier. The shopping section of campus at our school use to be littered with homeless people and they were honest they would ask "can I have some money to buy beer?" or worse off they would stand near the ATM so they could ask people for money and you couldn't say "sorry, I don't have cash on me", one was even bold enough to ask me to withdrawl money from my account for him! The only guy I've given money to after I changed my ways was this guy who genuinely entertained me on the way to work on a Monday... he had a sign that said "Need money for kung fu lessons. Family was killed by ninjas- planning revenge." I really feel for the homeless, but I think there are proper channels to get help and I would rather donate to the proper channels... places that help you get an apartment, train you and help you find a job.

My habit that I think I'm a little high on my horse about is that I call in what I suspect are drunk drivers all the time. I really could care less if people want to hurt themselves, but when you drive drunk you endanger everyone around you.

I also annoyingly have the habit of buying stuff to try on in the comfort of my own home will all my other stuff (so I can match and accessorize) and returning what I don't like. I know some of the associates at stores because I come in so much... I bet they hate me.

I'm also picky about what I take off shelves... examing packaing and looking for expiration dates. I defintely ignore co workers at work with the headphones trick. I also ask for no salt on my fries. If the "next person in line" is not moving fast enough, I'll definitely take their place.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
The only guy I've given money to after I changed my ways was this guy who genuinely entertained me on the way to work on a Monday... he had a sign that said "Need money for kung fu lessons. Family was killed by ninjas- planning revenge."

OMG....this has GOT to be the most amusing thing I've read all day...I TOTALLY would've given that guy money. If you make me laugh that hard, you deserve it.

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren1981
LMFAO!!!!
we are officially ENEMIES!!!!!
winks.gif

this lady a few weeks ago did that to me. there was construction i didn't see til the last minute, i tried to get over and she kept looking straight ahead like she didn't see me!! had me all up on the orange cones and shit. lol!

Aww! no! see, thats different.. YOu didn't see it, i hear you. But alot of people try to pass traffic and cut over on purpose!

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Look, I'm from Jersey...unless there's a cop nearby, I'm NOT doing the speed limit...there is NO reason for you to be that far up my butt...
Man...one day I'm gonna wake up asking myself "Where are we going...? ...and why am I in this handbasket?"

Girl. tell me about it! I swear, i've gotten OUT of the car to scream at people more times than I care to count (er, rather, admit too).

I drive up 24 to 287 EVERY DAY. The reason its backed up is because these flippin' a-holes decide to RACE up the other lanes (all exits) and cut over at the last minute.. HOWEVER, poetic justice came, when some woman in a Hummmer ( i swear this happened) cut me off, just BARELY going over the median to get off 24 to 287N. What happens? A statey shows up and pulls her ass over.. THere is no reason to cut me off.. Get in line! I don't want to sit in traffic EITHER. This is EXACTLY why i won't let anyone cut in front of me..

Oh, something else i do... If i'm in the right lane, next to the shoulder in traffic and people decide to cruise up the shoulder to pass everyone.. i move over a little into the shoulder so they can't.. Especially when there is NO exit anywhere NEAR..

TISH1124

^^ I do that too I straddle the shoulder and the right lane...Like you will not go around me on the shoulder.....

Ok...but I do hop on the shoulder and pass other people...but that is so different of course..because I am in a bigger hurry than they are.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME
Oh, something else i do... If i'm in the right lane, next to the shoulder in traffic and people decide to cruise up the shoulder to pass everyone.. i move over a little into the shoulder so they can't.. Especially when there is NO exit anywhere NEAR..

OMG I hate when people pass on the shoulder! Uggggh. Straddle the line! People get mad but really... it's not for passing people just because you're too impatient to wait! It's not like I want to wait either.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACForME

Hell yes!!! I do that AAAAALLLLLLLL the time! I *really* hate those guys who get out of traffic behind you, get onto the on ramp, and try and merge back in ahead of you. Ugh...oh no...I never let these guys get in front of me. I will damn near be bumper to bumper with the person in front of me before I let that idiot cut me off, just to get 5 cars ahead. The ONLY time I ever cruise up the shoulder is if I'm RIGHT by my exit, and even then I'm not cruising for half a mile or anything.
LOL Hell yeah...I love our stateys...somehow they actually seem to be around (on occasion) when you need them! So glad he got that wench in the Hummer...and man, 287 is the WORST...I used to live in South Plainfield, so I'd take the Turnpike up to exit 10, and they just keep doing construction, so the traffic (and the idiot drivers) just keeps getting worse. Ugh. I wish they'd finish already.
angry.gif

staceb1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I do that too
My boss started to call me from his office, I mean, yelling my name and thinking I'll answer... No way! Either call me from your phone, use the msn messenger we installed you, or GET UP and come to talk to me. I'm not a dog!!!

When he does that, I pretend not to hear, and I throw the fault on my tinnitus (wich is true!). I told him about a gazillion times : I'm def, talk louder. But he still get out of my office talking in his beard thinkin I'll hear him...
nope.gif

Oh god, I hate when people yell and expect me to come running to them, especially when it's usually something stupid and unimportant.

staceb1990

Wow, I feel so passive compared to all you other drivers out there. Because my mom is such a terrifying driver, I've learned not to react to situations how she would.

Although, I live in such a touristy area that I have an immediate prejudice against Massachusetts drivers. Nothing against them personally, but jesus, you're in the country now, slow down and relax.

LMD84

i do the que jumping thing in shops when a new checkout has been opened up! i rush to get at the front even though i was last in the original que
smiles.gif

and at work when i see some really old people coming in i make some excuses and leave the shop floor - some old people are fine but there are a small number (and i can always recognise which ones!) who want to take up loads of your time and then not buy anything. and in that time i could have sold a few more tv's but insted i miss out!

not anymore suckers!

OfficerJenny

When I'm at a high traffic area where there are lots of people I know I look down so I "don't see them"

Or I just ignore their calls.

If I don't approach you, don't bother coming up to me. e_e

LaGoddess

When people show up unannounced to my house(which I think is kind of rude and would never do), I usually ignore the doorbell and hide lol then I tell them(if they later ask why no one answered) I was in the shower or working out with earphones on so I didn't hear them ring the bell
smiles.gif
IDK why I can't just be more care-free, that is such a bad habit. I need to be in the mood and like to be prepared for whoever is coming.

I don't always do this but I do it allllot. lol

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGoddess
I usually ignore the doorbell and hide lol then I tell them(if they later ask why no one answered) I was in the shower or working out with earphones on so I didn't hear them ring the bell

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

there is NOTHING wrong with that. i dont' like for ppl to show up unannounced either. i ithink its just more courteous to call ahead to see if they're even available or in the mood to see ppl.

this is hilarious. i hide from Jehovah's witnesses but you hide from friends. that is so funny!!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

there is NOTHING wrong with that. i dont' like for ppl to show up unannounced either. i ithink its just more courteous to call ahead to see if they're even available or in the mood to see ppl.

this is hilarious. i hide from Jehovah's witnesses but you hide from friends. that is so funny!!

Ohhhh...you just made me think of another deviant bad habit I have. See, I've politely asked the Jehovah's, born again's, and any other religious group who comes by, to leave me alone. If they want to leave a pamphlet by the door, fine, but DON'T knock and disturb me and my family. In the town I used to live in, in NJ, they were notorious for knocking on your door during the time when most people were eating dinner. *sigh* So finally I got angry...we were sitting down to eat, when sure enough, the doorbell rang...I peeked out the window to see who it was, and then I grabbed my copy of the satanic bible, and answered the door (I have a copy of it, not because I'm a satanist, nor was I ever, but I wanted to educate myself on it, since everyone was screaming about how terrible it was. I keep it simply as another piece of literature in my vast collection). Needless to say they went away...and never came back.
smiles.gif
It was mean...but it got my point across.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
^^ that's HELLA mean but do what you gotta do. lol!!
winks.gif

LOL Well you know, I tried doing it the nice way first...but when that failed...they forced me to use force!