Dior Cosmetics Discussion

sarabeautime

Does anyone have the Aqua Green eyeliner from Dior's Summer collection? Do you like the formula? Do you have to build the color up to see it on the lids or can one swipe be enough?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Hi Teal Angel,

I have the liner from this collection. I like the formula in general, but it depends a lot what you expect from it. It is not soft and creamy and some pressure is needed for application. Also I had to sweep it a few times but after that it stays put, it is also waterproof. The color is very pretty and soft. I reviewed this one and did a comparison swatch with last year's liner (Croisette Collection liner in Turquoise) in my bog if you would like to check that out. ( I can't post links unfortunately)

MACina

I received Blue Lagoon and Pink Glow today
yahoo.gif

Cannot wait to play with them
flower.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up my very first Dior Addict lipstick yesterday. I can't believe I waited this long, but it kept getting bumped down the priorities list... I grabbed Fashion Week, because I was looking for a great everyday plum-berry-pink shade and it is perfect. Definitely will not be my last of these. I'm already planning out what other shades I need want to get.

Miss QQ

Fashion Week is gorgeous. I wanted to get it last year but it got pushed back in my list and I didn't buy it in the end. I love Princess Extreme. It's hard to twist up the bullet with one hand though, mine is really tight. I bought Dior Addict lipgloss 363 Dormeuse because the stocks finally came last week. I also got Pink Glow duo and I love it as well. I can wear the bronzer half because the texture is soft and colour is buildable.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Something else new I got from Dior: a new cream blush. I literally cannot find anything on this on line, but there were two shades- a bright coral rose and a cool magenta-pink (I got the latter, but might go back for the other) in a display at the front of the store/ counter. They look beautiful on and the formula reminds me of the YSL cream blushes. Nice thing is that the Dior ones are only $30CAD, as opposed to $52 for YSL. Anyone else seen these? Any thoughts on them?

Almus

Kate, are the ones from this collection? I am interested in the Creoles and Capeline colors, and by your description, they might be those.

cheburaha

Something else new I got from Dior: a new cream blush. I literally cannot find anything on this on line, but there were two shades- a bright coral rose and a cool magenta-pink (I got the latter, but might go back for the other) in a display at the front of the store/ counter. They look beautiful on and the formula reminds me of the YSL cream blushes. Nice thing is that the Dior ones are only $30CAD, as opposed to $52 for YSL. Anyone else seen these? Any thoughts on them?
Katred, have you found them at the Bay? I should check them out!

cheburaha

I've seen a description of this collection from Dior press release and was looking forward to it showing up in stores. Here is how Dior suggests to pair blushes and nail polishes:
A mix to wear all summer
Summer Mix contains four nail lacquer and blush duos to coordinate depending on your mood…
- Capri. 38 degrees in the shade. Total relaxation under an explosive sun. A lightly tanned body sports a fluorescent bikini. A gold-spiced complexion is warmed by a touch of tangerine blush. Nails, sublime with a coat of mandarin orange nail lacquer, are electric (Dior Vernis – Tye & Die /Diorblush Cheek Creme Panama).
- Rio de Janeiro beach. Protected by a perfect wide-brimmed hat, tanned skin lights up with a hint of fuchsia blush. Highly desirable litchi-coloured nails are dangerously seductive (Dior Vernis – Sunnies / Diorblush Cheek
Creme Paréo).
- Cannes. Pouting by the pool with star attitude. Cheeks are bathed in almost sassy apricot tones. Nails light up with a delectable shade of orange (Dior Vernis – Créoles / Diorblush Cheek Creme Bikini).
- Monaco Bay. Sundown: that gentle, elegant time of day. Lounging on the beach, cheeks flush with pink and nails take on the hue of an exquisite sorbet (Dior Vernis – Capeline / Diorblush Cheek Creme Babies).

katred

Specktra Bestie
Katred, have you found them at the Bay? I should check them out!
Yes, but only at the "main" Bay location in downtown. I suspect it's only in flagship stores for now and will roll out to others. Actually, they hadn't even received everything yet, because they only had two blushes (with two units each in the display, to fill up the blank spaces).

The colours can be built up to pretty high intensity, or worn quite sheer, which means they're appropriate for light and dark skin tones alike.

cheburaha

Kate, thanks so much for the heads-up - I went today to my downtown Bay and ended up with all four blushes! The three are different shades of pink and one is more peachy-coral. The SA told me I could use them for lids, cheeks and lips - and I was completely sold! The texture is divine - more like a mousse than cream, feels incredible on the skin.

iATEaSEAmonster

Kate, thanks so much for the heads-up - I went today to my downtown Bay and ended up with all four blushes! The three are different shades of pink and one is more peachy-coral. The SA told me I could use them for lids, cheeks and lips - and I was completely sold! The texture is divine - more like a mousse than cream, feels incredible on the skin.
are they bigger than the amount in YSL cream blushes? Or is it a smaller amount?

MACina

That sounds awesome!

Which blush is the fuchsia one?Is it Creme Pareo?
I am not sure if I understood the post above with the descriptions right
blush-anim-cl.gif

LoveStoned

Has anyone tried out the new Dior Nude Tan BB Cream? How is it compared to the regular Nude BB Cream?
I love the regular version of this BB cream and have been using it for a while, and I'm thinking of getting this Nude Tan variation for the summer, when I get some tan so if you have some insights, please share :)

cheburaha

That sounds awesome!

Which blush is the fuchsia one?Is it Creme Pareo?
I am not sure if I understood the post above with the descriptions right
blush-anim-cl.gif
Yes, the fuchsia one is Pareo 971. I think Dior messed up with the description a bit as there are no Babies among the ones I've got - instead there is Capri 851 which is cool sheer pink. And Bikini 871 is not apricot at all as they describe it-)

MACina

Thank you very much, cheburaha!

Hopefully the collection will be released here too.I would love to get this blush!
Especially since you can use it on your lips as well.
Yes, the fuchsia one is Pareo 971. I think Dior messed up with the description a bit as there are no Babies among the ones I've got - instead there is Capri 851 which is cool sheer pink. And Bikini 871 is not apricot at all as they describe it-)

MarieMary

I'm not sure if those have been posted yet or not. Sorry if they have. ;)

Source: http://instagram.com/p/ZkJTvLwOXK/

Sources: http://instagram.com/p/Zk8YEKkRj7/
http://instagram.com/p/Zkaac9ERmf/

Latest posts