Dior Cosmetics Discussion

jebogewf

Agghh, I'm disappointed that they don't have ALL the new shades :(
Of course they don't--it's Sephora. They only seem to carry a little bit of some things. Like Guerlain's Crazy Paris Collex--they have 2 pieces of. And Givenchy's Holiday Collex--only a few pieces too. They didn't get all of Dior's Mystic Metallics either. I'm more disappointed that we didn't get all the blushes here that the rest of the world got. I really wanted a few of those shades, like Miss Pink, Rose Libertine and Coral Croisette.

elegant-one

Of course they don't--it's Sephora. They only seem to carry a little bit of some things. Like Guerlain's Crazy Paris Collex--they have 2 pieces of. And Givenchy's Holiday Collex--only a few pieces too. They didn't get all of Dior's Mystic Metallics either. I'm more disappointed that we didn't get all the blushes here that the rest of the world got. I really wanted a few of those shades, like Miss Pink, Rose Libertine and Coral Croisette.
Ahh, so its not just me. The Sephoras in my area never seem to have what I want. Same with online a lot of the time. Wonder why.
Thanks for your post ;)

jebogewf

Ahh, so its not just me. The Sephoras in my area never seem to have what I want. Same with online a lot of the time. Wonder why.
Thanks for your post ;)
No, it's definitely not you. The few--emphasis on few--Sephoras in my state carry nothing I'm interested in, so I do most of my shopping online. It sucks having to wait--I am so not a patient person when it comes to my makeup--but at least I can shop through ebates and my credit cards and get money back that way. Better samples it seems to. But yeah, really confused as to why they didn't get more of Dior's fall and Guerlain's holiday collections.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The Sephoras around me seem to have only tiny selections of the Dior seasonal collections and nothing from Guerlain. This week, they added three of the shadow duos that were released with the Fall collection, but that's it. As for Givenchy, I can't imagine why they wouldn't carry the full collection, since they're basically the only retailer that carries the line. That said, they were a couple of months later than the US getting the new lipstick line out and even now, it gets kind of lost in the display.

vaisforluvrs

Agghh, I'm disappointed that they don't have ALL the new shades :(
I noticed that but it's pretty normal for Sephora, unfortunately. I have been waiting and hoping to get the new nail color from Illamasqua but they have everything but the nail and lip color.
rants.gif

Miss QQ

not swatches but blogger [not dior promo] photos ... le sigh please please please I am planning on making my nordies shopping day the day dior comes out with the holiday collection. I have been saving it up all fracking year!!!

http://theobsessedblog.com/2013/10/09/dior-golden-winter/
The glosses are gorgeous! The nail polishes too, but I'll pass the duo for sure. I can't wait to see swatches of the Diorific lipsticks!

jebogewf

I noticed that but it's pretty normal for Sephora, unfortunately. I have been waiting and hoping to get the new nail color from Illamasqua but they have everything but the nail and lip color.
rants.gif
Did you check Bloomingdales? They carry Illamasqua now too. Maybe they have it.

vaisforluvrs

Did you check Bloomingdales? They carry Illamasqua now too. Maybe they have it.
Yeah, it was there for a short period. I was told by sephora fb that they would have the collection soon so I thought I would wait but now I'm not so sure that they will even get it
ohboy.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a review of a few of the lipsticks from PP:

http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/10/dior-diorific-lipsticks-diva-winter-minuit-holiday-2013-golden-winter-photos-swatches-review.html

I love them all, but since they're fairly close in colour, I think I'll be able to choose just one. Or two. Possibly three.

Darby

Has this been posted? The addict glosses from the collection from PP http://www.perilouslypale.com/2013/10/dior-addict-gloss-golden-winter-holiday-2013-enchanted-rose-pink-fantasy-photos-swatches-review.html

Darby

elkaknits

I like them too but I'm really not in love with any of those colors. There are more lip colors in this collection than these three right? I want to try one so I can try out the formula
there are 6 colors being released this winter. I want all of them. The only way I see myself saving money is skipping Diva which I already own from last year.

the lipsticks are noticeably perfumed. I am surprised no review of them ever mentions this. More heavily so than any other lipstick I own. I LOVE them fwiw

jebogewf

there are 6 colors being released this winter. I want all of them. The only way I see myself saving money is skipping Diva which I already own from last year.

the lipsticks are noticeably perfumed. I am surprised no review of them ever mentions this. More heavily so than any other lipstick I own. I LOVE them fwiw
Really? If the scent is that strong, I may have to skip them.
cry.gif

elkaknits

Really? If the scent is that strong, I may have to skip them.
cry.gif
I think the scent is very perfumey... it is not vanilla like Mac or rose like chanel. It smells like perfume. It does go away fairly quickly it is just I do not wear mainstream perfumes so it stands out to my nose more than it might for somebody who does wear regular perfumes. fyi I wear bpal which is oils instead of alcohol based or a lot of chemically manipulated notes to replace oils.

I will double check it and see if I can find a way to compare it to something else. I just noticed it yesterday when I put on diva

jebogewf

I might have to stay away, just b/c most fragrances in general bother me--almost everything seems to give me a headache. I don't know why.

Darby

http://www.frillseeker.ie/blog/dior-golden-winter-collection-incoming-christmas-2013 Found this link. According to the article this collection hits counters the 18th, this weekend? Anyways, I don't see a rose gold illuminating powder :( maybe this wasn't the whole collection?

jebogewf

I don't think that post was the whole collection. Maybe it's just what that country is getting??? Or they just shortened it??? I hope it's this weekend--I'm getting super impatient for this one--my wishlist is like a mile long.

Darby

I'm wondering if that is a release date for over there? I'm guessing it's somewhere over in the uk?